Setting things right

Not another Sappy Love Story

Ken, what are we gonna do? How is Kiyoko gonna manage out there on her own? She's not. She'll be back. I know that for a fact. How can be so sure? Because, we are going out there and set things right. Kiyoko will never talk to me or forgive me. I can't. For all we know, Kiyoko could be looking for us. Both of us have to go look for her...

 I took Eun-yi's advice and decided to follow my heart and set things right. I went to find Ken and Okaasan. There was only one problem. How would I find them? There are too many places and Tokyo is so big. Ken, how in the world are we gonna find Kiyoko? Well, after she ran out, where do you think she went? I should I know? She could be anywhere. (Wow. This is getting annoying) Call her cousins. Okay. I called Noelle first. Hello? Noelle, it's me. Auntie? Has Kiyoko been by? No, why? Is everything okay? If she comes by, tell her that I'm looking for her. I will. So? Noelle said she hasn't seen her. Let me call Eun-yi. Hello, Eun-yi? Auntie? Eun-yi, has Kiyoko been by? She came by last night. Any idea where she went after she left? No, but she did say that she was looking for you and Ken. Thank you, Eun-yi. What did she say? She said that Kiyoko came by last night. She also said that Kiyoko's looking for us. Any idea where she went after she left? No. How could we be so selfish?! Ken, you seem to know a lot more about Kiyoko than me. Let's start looking for at her favorite places..

  Meanwhile....

I've been awake and running since 11 last night. I've had no luck in finding Ken or Okaasan. I gave up. I was crying so hard, that I nearly ran out of tears. (How could I be so freakin selfish?!) I went to the wasabi joint. Hey, Kiyoko. What are you having? Nothing, Kenji. What's wrong, is everything alright? Yeah, everything's fine. Look, has Ken been by today? No, why? If he comes by, tell him that I'm looking for him. I will. I went by his parents house. Mr. and Mrs. Wong? Hi, Kiyoko. Is everything okay? Yes. Have you seen Ken? We haven't seen since last night. When he comes home, would you please tell him that I'm looking for him? We will.  I went to the carnival. Being there brought back so many memories, and thinking about them only made me cry harder... Kenji, has Kiyoko been by today? Yeah. She's looking for you. Did she say where she was after she left? No. Even though I swore I would never let anyone see me cry, I couldn't hide it or prevent it this time. This is all my fault! Okaasan, if you find her, tell her I'm sorry. Ken, no. We promised to find her. Together. It's not over till we find her. Let's go. We don't know where she is. Let's stop by your house. I can't explain this to my parents without them flipping out. You don't have to. I'll go inside and ask fo Kiyoko. Mr. and Mrs. Wong? Oh, hello Ms. Southivong. Has Kiyoko been by? Yes. She said she was looking for Kentin. Did she say where she was going after she left? No, but try looking at the carnival, she looked as if she were heading that way. Thank you. What did they say? They said she might be at the carnival. I had some bubble tea and some kimchi. I sat on the swings, thinking what if Ken and Okaasan were looking for me too. As much as I wanted to go looking for them, my feet were sore and I was extremely tired. After my snack, I passed out on a bench in front of the carnival. Okaasan, you check the swings; I'll check the food stand. Hi, has a girl named Kiyoko Southivong.. she looks like this.. come by here? Yeah. She ordered some bubble tea and kimchi. After that she went to the swings. I was still crying, but I immediately called Okaasan. Okaasan, is Kiyoko at the swings? No. Is she at the food stand? No. Don't move. I'm on my way. ( How could I do this to my own daughter? I'm no better than her father..) As much as swore that I would never think of Kiyoko's father, this was the only time that I let loose. I was weeping. Just like Kiyoko when she saw her father walk out on us.. When I met up Ken, I saw him crying just as hard as I was. We can still find her, Ken. You know, Okaasan, you remind me of my mom. You two are so much alike. You are just like Kiyoko's dad.. before he walked out on us. He did the exact same thing to me, except I wasn't seventeen... Okaasan told me the story of how Kiyoko's dad walked out on them, and I realized that how everyone who was affected by this situation, was just like everyone in her story. As we walked out of the carnival, I saw a girl sprawled out on a bench. Okaasan, we've finally found her. Where? Look. As it turned out, she'd been looking for us too...