: New styles~

Go for it! [HIATUS]

 

We didn’t have much home to make some food of, but I did find some noodles and some vegetables. As I cooked, I asked Hayley to sing for me and already after she’d sung one line, I understood why she was one of our main-vocals.

She sang very well.

Then she asked me to rap something and I – who never had rapped in front of others – was very hesitant.

“I… I don’t know what to rap,” I said and looked up from the vegetables. She smiled.

“Have you practiced anything for yourself? Like a English song or something?” I hesitated, then nodded.

“Yeah… both English songs and Korean,” I said, a shy smile was forming on my face. She clapped her hands.

“Show me something! I don’t care about language!” I bit my lip and laid the knife down before I started. It was f(x)’s Amber’s rap-part from Danger. Hayley clapped when I finished.

“You did good. You lack a bit, but it wasn’t bad!” she said smiling and I bowed my head.

“Thanks… I’ll practice hard,” I said and she nodded.

“Use time on rap instead of dance. I’m sure you’ll be able to follow us when we once start practicing for our debut!”

 

The dinner went happy with sharing funny memories and after that we went to unpack. Hayley hadn’t unpacked all hers since she also just moved in yesterday and we agreed on hanging posters beside our beds of those groups we liked – Hayley had a thing for BEAST and MBLAQ while DBSK and Super Junior took my space. Both of us seemed to like SHINee though so over our desk we hung her poster of them.

“Do you have any sleeping habits?” I asked Hayley when we were putting our clothes in the closet.

“I sing,” she answered a bit embarrassed, “I’ve done it for years… It’s not so often anymore though, but it happens…” I nodded.

“I move a lot… like, jump and kick… and sometimes my head is in the other end of the bed when I wakes up,” I laughed, “good luck with sleeping under me!”

“Good luck with sleeping over me! When I sing, I sing,” she laughed too.

 

It was first the next morning I met the twins at the dorm since they came home late. Kat gathered us for breakfast, obviously having good news. She was also returning late – it seemed like the company had called her while she was out with her friends and asked her to come by.

“Our title-track have been decided,” she announced, “JYP wrote it himself and finished it last night. We’re first going to record in some time though… Songwriters has also been sending their songs for him so we almost have our tracklist ready… we’re going to debut!”

“What?! WHEN!?” Mija was standing, “already?! Didn’t he say it was first around December?!” Kat laughed and Micha pulled her sister down.

“He did… but the date is there now,” Kat said, “October 27th. That means,” she looked at me, “you’re going to practice rap a whole lot since you are new in that besides our preparing. Are you ready on getting busy?” I nodded confidently.

“Of course,” I said and smiled with a wink, “it shouldn’t be a problem~”

“Can you rap at all?” Mija asked with that annoying voice she had, “is it just because you have to use your voice in something?” I clenched my fists under the table. In front of such girl I had a very low temper…

“She can. She rapped Amber sunbae’s part from Danger last night,” Hayley said defending, “she lacks a bit but she definitely have the right feel. Have some trust in her,” she said. I smiled and send Hayley a grateful smile. Kat sighed.

“Mija, try to hide your feelings a bit. If we have to debut we have to accept each other so you better start now. Girls, finish your breakfast,” she didn’t wait for Mija to answer, “we’re going to get new haircuts for our photoshoot today~”

Let’s just say we all were excited over that and even Miji forgot to argue.

 

Park Jinyoung himself met up at the stylist to talk to us about our concept.

“The song is a mix between cute-aegyoish and new,” he said, “like your group. We have some cute members,” did he look at me and Hayley?, “and some with strong personalities,” definitely Mija, “and some iness…” both me and Kat… hey, what about Micha? She was the only one he didn’t look at, “we will create something new with the music. The look is going to be a but cute-strong though… a bit like Minhee’s clothes from her stage two days ago!” I remembered that. The neon colors, the skinny jeans and the oversize shirt… it was really cool.

“How do you want us to be styled then?” Kat asked curious. He smiled.

“Hayley and Micha are our main vocals and both look cute, so a haircut that makes them look a bit strong but still cute… Micha, I think of some curls as Kat’s?” he said and Micha nodded with a smile.

“Neh… I think I’ll like that too,” she and a stylist already went to get her.

“Hayley, we’ll hold your hair flat and around the same length but dye some dark stripes in it, okay?” Hayley nodded and went away with a stylist.

“Can we make me and Micha not looking alike?” Miji asked, “I mean… so it’ll be easier for people to know who are who…” JYP nodded.

“Since you have a strong personality I think we’re going to keep it that way,” he said, “how would you feel about using that extra hair… extensions! Then we’ll make it in a ponytail in the side and give you a cap to hold it and make it look boyish,” he smiled and Mija pouted.

“Boyish? I don’t wanna be a girl! And why am I not cute? I look like Micha!” JYP sighed and rolled his eyes.

“You are a not boy… haven’t you seen f(x)’s Sulli for example? She wears a cap too sometimes but is still a cute girl. Follow your stylist,” he waved her of and she went pouting away. Then he looked at me and Kat.

“Both of you are rappers and dancers,” he said, “Kat don’t have a asian look while Minhee has a strong feel of power when you look at her. Maybe it’s because of Julliard, maybe it’s something she is born with…” he looked at me for some seconds and I looked down.

“What are you thinking?” Kat asked him, “please don’t ask me to cut my hair… it took forever to grow this long!” I looked up again and saw him shook his head.

“I don’t think of that… actually, you’re the one who is going to have done least,” he smiled, “your hair is going to be braided for performances and such with a big black flower or something in your hair. Same for Minhee,” he looked at me, “but what will you say to dye your hair in a unnatural color? Jia told me it would suit you…” I widened my eyes. Jia?

I’d talked to her about it on that night of my stage. Joking we’d talked about dyeing my hair green or blue… Joking!

“W-what are you thinking, sunbae?” I asked. He smiled.

“Blue?” he said. I widened my eyes and he started laughing.

“I’m just kidding,” he said and I relaxed a bit, “just brown, a bit darker than now, and then braid it too… is that okay?” I nodded relaxed and Kat and I followed our stylists.