The Other Side Of Him Speaks

Be My Dancer
Please log in to read the full chapter

After being at the dance studio for seven hours, dancing, I was so drained. I hurried home around eight in the evening. I was hungry, sweaty, exhausted, and somewhat refreshed as usual. But I love feeling like this. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

I got onto the bus and headed for an empty seat. As I walked down the empty narrow isle of the bus, I noticed a familiar face. It was Kai. Just when I thought I had enough of him, he always comes back, "Oh.. It's you." I said as I took the empty seat next to him.

Kai had actually left the studio a couple hours before me after talking on the phone. Seeing him now, he looks really tired and.. Emotional. I would've been more mean and harsh on him, but then I quickly noticed his dark expression. He didn't even greet me, which I found really weird. He wasn't touching me, smiling or smirking, or even talking. It was really weird. I looked at him, "Kai, are you okay?" I asked, actually concerned for him.

Kai seemed to come back to Earth and responded, "Huh? Oh, yeah.. I'm okay." He said.

I hate to do this, but I decided to talk to him about whatever's bothering him. Even though he's an irritating little -face, he's my dance partner. He's a part of my dance family. I have some respect for him. No matter what, "No, you're not okay. You left Seoul Beats early after you got a phone call. Your eyes look pretty swollen. You're strangely quiet. You're not bugging me. You are NOT okay." I pointed out. Even still, he was quiet as ever. It's like he took a vow of silence, "Kai.... If there's something bugging you, then you can tell me. If not, then fine. I won't mention it again. Just keep in mind that this may be the last time I'll ever offer you my help." I said and crossed my arms.

Finally, Kai looked straight at me with soft eyes, "My mom is just really sick right now. Doctors' say that it might turn into cancer soon. So.. Of course I'm not okay. When I heard about this from my noona, I've never felt more scared in my life. My mom... She was the first person to accept my dancing ability. I'm.. I'm not ready for her to leave yet." His words shook me. I've never seen this side of Kai before. And to hear that his family member, or anyone's family member is suffering from cancer is horrible.

It left me in an awe, feeling very bad towards Kai, "Chinjja? Wow, I'm.... I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be sure to pray for her and wish her a speedy recovery and I hope everything will be okay. Just... Be there for her when she needs you and spend lots of time with her." I said, trying to cheer him up a bit.

Kai slightly smiled, "Gomawo.

Please log in to read the full chapter