Care?

My Cold City Girl

 

Later on the day, Hyerin went to her physical education class. She had tennis practice. She was doing her warm up jogging around the court along with her classmate when she fell down. Everyone quickly ran to her and asked her if she's okay. Myungsoo, who saw the whole scene from his window seat in his English classroom, gasped lightly. Jiyoung who sat next to him heard that and asked him what's wrong. Myungsoo shrugged it off and continued to focus on the blackboard. 

Meanwhile, Hyerin stood up with the help of her comrade and walked to the nursery alone since they doubted that she might have twisted her ankle. They offered someone to accompany her but she insisted to go alone. She knew that she didn’t twist her ankle. She never had a twisted ankle and she knew that she wasn’t that weak. Falling down was already embarrassing, having someone to accompany you to the nursey makes it worse. When she stepped in the school, Myungsoo's class was just being dismissed and the latter saw Hyerin walking extremely slowly with a poker face on her face. Myungsoo walked up to her and asked 

"Are you okay? I saw you falling a while ago. "

Hyerin stared at him weirdly. Myungsoo quickly added. 

"I'm just being kind. "

"I'm alright. " she went away. 

*Why does this guy always care for everything? Can't he mind his own business. *

*Why is this girl so stubborn. I’m sure that it hurts her like hell.*

At the end of the day, Hyerin walked to her job since it was just near the school. Her ankle wasn't twisted just as she predicted, the nurse said that it isn't something serious and just told her to be careful. She walked in the convenience, went to the back-store and put on her green and grey uniform. 

*Aish, four hours to go. There isn't anyone, why can't the boss send me home? * 

She finishes work at 9 o'clock on weekdays. Hyerin only works two days per week, Friday and Sunday. She prefers to have her Saturday free so that she could do whatever she feels like. 

After what seems forever, she finally got off work. She took the bus home and got off at her usual stop. When she went off the bus, seven guys were sitting on the bench near the bus stop. 

"Ah, isn't it Lee Hyerin? " Sunggyu asked. 

"Where? " Hoya's ear perked up. 

"You like her now? " Woohyun snickered. 

"Hyung, it's useless. " Sungjong said. 

"I was only interested and she is so pretty. It's good for my eyes. " Hoya replied. 

"Yeah, right. Anyway, let's say hi. " Dongwoo stood up. 

"Hyung, she won't like it. " Myungsoo retorted remembering how cold she was today. 

"What's wrong with saying hi to our classmate. " Sungyeol said. 

Before Myungsoo could day anything, Sungyeol already screamed Hyerin's name. 

"Hyerin!!!!"

Hyerin turned around and saw seven guys walking to her. 

"Hi " they all say. 

Hyerin nodded and didn't say anything else. There was an awkward silent. The seven guys all laughed weirdly to shake the awkwardness away. Hyerin was about to turn around when Sungyeol said "What's up? " 

"Nothing mu... " she didn't have enough time to finish her sentence when Sungyeol interrupted her once again. 

"You know Sungjong right? This is Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, Woohyun hyung, ehh... Hoya hyung and Myungsoo of course. Ahaha but you know Myungsoo, we have chemistry and literature together. I just wanted to introduce them to you. Ah, by the way, Hoy…"

The seven guys all hit Sungyeol to shut him up. 

"Yeah, I know them. I got to go now, bye. " Hyerin finally replied and turned around to leave. 

When Hyerin gained distance with them, the guys looked at each other. 

"Well, that was awkward... " Dongwoo said while scratching his neck. 

“I was trying to help Hoya hyung!” Sungyeol defended.

“I don’t need your help for something like that, choding!” Hoya yelled.

Myungsoo watched Hyerin's back and thought. 

*She is so rude. * He looked at Hoya who was watching Hyerin with admiring eyes. *and this babo who still loves her.  I wondered if her ankle hurts.*

"Guys, let's call Jiyoung for a movie night. " Sunggyu suggested. 

"Myungsoo, call her! " Dongwoo demanded. 

“Why her again?” Myungsoo whined. He didn’t dislike Jiyoung. He was just acting like what a normal best friend would act. Showing his care while beating the person. Yeah, exactly like that.

“Hurry up! She is the only super pretty girl close to you. Call her!” Hoya hurried.

"Fine, wait a moment. She might be busy! " Myungsoo said while punching some numbers on his phone.  The seven other guys all faked to beat him.

"Jiyoung-ah, what are you doing? " Myungsoo said to the phone. 

"Come to the movies with us tonight. "

"Yeah, right now, bring your lazy here. "

"Myungsoo, tell the party animal to bring some friends! " Woohyun urged. 

"Woohyun hyung tells you to bring some friends. "

"Alright, see you later! "

"Okay, are we going now? " Myungsoo turned to his friends. 

"Is noona going? " Sungjong asked. 

"Yeah, so let's go! " Myungsoo said. 

“She’s bringing her friends right?” Woohyun asked with his eyes glistening.

“No, she’s bringing her gay guy friends.” Myungsoo said with sarcasm.

“WHAAAT? I don’t want to go now! They might me!” Woohyun faked a cry.

“Aish, this babo!” The 5 five other guys all said together and left leaving Woohyun behind. Having no choice, he followed them with a heavy heart.