Every Day

My Cold City Girl

 

After school, Hyerin went to her locker to get her books since Haneul had cheerleading practice, she was left alone. It's not that they go home together anyway. Hyerin preferred to be alone. She wasn’t the type of girl that talks a lot, she thinks a lot instead. She turned right to go inside her locker aisle when she saw Kim Myungsoo with a girl. The girl was crying. Hyerin knew the girl, she was her junior in tennis class. What was her name again? Yoonji? Yes, her name was Yoonji but Hyerin didn't care at all and proceeded to open her locker without caring about the awkward atmosphere over there.  It was already pretty late after school, Hyerin decided to stay at the library to study so that she could do nothing at home.

"Oppa...."

"I'm sorry... " Myungsoo says.

The girl went away crying. When she passed by Hyerin, she greeted her even if her cheeks were stained with tears. 

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbae-nim "

Hyerin nodded and the girl left, running. 

*I thought I left my chemistry book here, where is it? * 

" Hi Hyerin, Myungsoo said with a smile, how are you?"

"Good "

"I'm great too"

Hyerin looked at him *I didn't even ask him, who does he think he is*

" It's been a long time, how's life? " 

Hyerin slams her locker shut, stared at him and started to walk away. 

"Wait for me, we live in the same neighborhood anyway. Ah, by the way, stop staring, it's scaring. "

Hyerin didn't say anything but kept walking. She didn't want Myungsoo to walk with her but she didn’t want to talk to him either. She had always Myungsoo and Sungyeol like that. They all went to the same high school, but that didn’t make them closer to Hyerin compared to others. Hyerin had always wondered why they are so talkative. Every day, no matter what, Myungsoo and Sungyeol would always wear a smile on their face and say hello to people. Hyerin didn’t hate them, she just thought that they are different and didn’t want to know them deeper. Secretly, she thanked God that at least it was Myungsoo and not Sungyeol, Sungyeol couldn’t stop talking once he started. Myungsoo talked a lot but he knew when to shut up.

During the wait for the bus, since Myungsoo saw that Hyerin wasn't interested, he stopped talking. When they got off the bus, Myungsoo said his goodbye and walked to the right side. Hyerin nodded and walked to the opposite side. 

*Kim Myungsoo, did he purposely annoy me today? * 

Hyerin twisted the door knob, shouted " I'm home! " and went to her room. 

"Aiish, finally free! " 

Hyerin changed for more comfortable clothes and went downstairs to grab something to eat. 

"Hyerin-ah, we are eating soon. You'll be full. " Hyerin's mother scolded her 

"I'm hungry, right now. I want to eat. "

"Fattie, go do your homeworks instead! "

Hyerin sighed and went away. The young girl went to her rooms and started to look for her homework when she realized that she had them done at school earlier. She just opened her computer and watched some dramas. She was into the drama when her mom called for dinner, but Hyerin didn't feel hungry anymore so she lied that her friend asked her for dinner and went outside. 

"You should have told me earlier. Now, I have too much food. You have school tomorrow. Don't come home too late" her mom said. 

"Alright. You should have made the supper earlier. " Hyerin said and went outside. She put her earphones in her ears and walked around. After a small walk, she went to the park and sat herself down on a swing. 

*Why don't I have any friends. Yeah, right, I'm scaring. * she thought. Hyerin shook this sad thought away and walked home. 

After taking a hot shower, Hyerin surfed on Internet while waiting for her hair to dry 

- Haneul, you are coming this weekend right? Bring a friend with you!! :) 

Shin Jiyoung posted on Kim Haneul's wall. 

*Where is Haneul going? Anyway, she will probably tell me tomorrow *

Hyerin went to bed after her little 'stalking' session on Facebook. 

Hyerin has a little habit of rewinding her day before sleeping. She thought of everything. Should she change her rudeness? Should she hang out more with Haneul? Why are Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol always so popular? How do they manage to talk to everyone without getting bored? 

Hyerin couldn't fell asleep, it happens frequently, she was always a night life person. She cursed herself for thinking too much before sleeping. She took her cellphone and surfed on Internet. This move only made her less sleepy. She decides to continue read her physic book to make her sleep and it works, she eventually fell asleep.