School

My Cold City Girl

A/N
I decided to post this first chapter. YAAAAAAY! -throw conffeties-
Please enjoy reading my story -bow-
Feel free to propose suggestion or point out any mistakes!
Thank you so much for reading this!

------------------------------------------

-Cockcorico cockcorico-

Hyerin lazily shut off her alarm and returned to sleep. 

-Knock knock-

"Noona, are you awake?" Chanhoon was leaning on the door frame wearing his high school uniform.

"Go away. Let me sleep for 5 more minutes. "

"You'll be late. "

"Fine, I'll come. "

Hyerin dragged her body to washroom and took a quick shower before running downstairs for breakfast. 

After a few minutes, she went out without biding goodbye to her family. Even if she loved them, she didn't express her care for them. 

While waiting for the bus, she took out her iPhone for music and glanced at her watch on the wrist. 

*Bus, come quickly! I'll be late. *

When she arrived at school, there was 5 minutes left so she took her time because she knew that there was more than enough to reach class. Hyerin didn’t like arriving too early for class; she prefers to be exactly on time. In class, she went to her seat and waited for Haneul, her one and only friend. Hyerin wasn't the kind of person that talked to anyone, that's why Hyerin didn’t have too many friends. That didn’t bother her either. It’s not like she went to school for guys anyway.

"Hyerin-ah!!!" Haneul came in the class shouting. 

"Hi Haneul" Hyerin said while drinking her milk. 

"Have you done the homework? I totally forgot about it. At least it's for this afternoon, I'll do it on lunch time. Aiish, I'm so stupid. I never should have gone to shop this weekend. Maybe I should freeze my credit card so that I won’t have any money to spend on useless stuff. I think it’s because I eat too much when I go out, that’s why my money disappear so quickly. Awnn, do I look fat then? Should I lose weight? I wonder how many pounds I can lose if I start a 200 days program today. "

Yes, Haneul was a chatterbox. Hyerin was the opposite, she didn't talk much. Their friendship is like this: Haneul always talking and Hyerin always nodding. This fits them perfectly; Haneul doesn't like anyone stealing her spotlight so she thinks that Hyerin is her perfect friend. That doesn’t mean that Haneul is using her. It just made her comfortable when she is with Hyerin. After all, when two beautiful girls are together, the boys couldn’t drift their eyes away.

Before Haneul could add anything else and before Hyerin could answer any of her friend’s questions, the teacher came and asked for silent. The class started and Hyerin started daydreaming about every little thing. She didn’t need to listen to the teacher. With only studying on her free time, she still managed to be one of the top 3 students at school. Well, no doubt, she is Lee Hyerin.

At lunchtime, Haneul dragged Hyerin to the library to get her help for the homework. While walking towards the library, they passed by the gym where seven guys were sitting on the bleachers talking. Hyerin met eyes with Kim Myungsoo, her classmate. 

*Why is he looking at me? Look away, Look away!* 

She shot him her death glare which caused him to quickly look away and she left. 

On the bleachers, Kim Myungsoo was talking to six other guys: Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol and Lee Sungjong. 

“ Hoya. “ Dongwoo said.

“What? “ replied the dancing machine.

Dongwoo pointed at the windows where Hyerin and Haneul were passing by. Hoya blushed at the sight of Hyerin. He liked Hyerin since he first saw her on the opening ceremony. Her long orange hair and mesmerizing cat eyes caught Hoya’s attention. Every day, his little crush just grew stronger and stronger, he didn’t want to confess his love since he knew that she will rejected him, especially when Hyerin doesn’t even know his existence.

“You like her? “ Myungsoo asked.

“It’s just a crush! “ Hoya retorted.

“Ahaha, Myungsoo, Sungyeol, you guys went to the same high school as her right? “ Woohyun added.


"Yeah, but she doesn't talk much. She rarely had any friends at school, everyone just looks at her from afar. She even shot us a death glare when Myungsoo and I tried to talk to her! Truthfully, I don’t know why people still like her even if she is so scary. " Sungyeol said. 

"You liked her too when we were in junior year. " Myungsoo snickered. 

"Hey, Sungyeol blushed, it's the past now. "

The seven guys all laughed at him. These seven guys are known to be handsome and talented. Students always say that they are the god of their school. 

*Lee Hyerin, why do so many guy like her?* Myungsoo thought. 

The gym's doors were pushed opened and interrupt the guys' conversation. 

"Annyeong. " a girl with big eyes and shoulder-length hair stick her head between the doors and said. 

"Hey Jiyoung! " the seven guys replied. 

"Aigo, our Jiyoung-ie is becoming prettier and prettier. " a greasy Woohyun said 

"Stop the sweet talk, Woohyun. We see each other everyday. Your greasiness doesn't work anymore. " Jiyoung smirked. 

Everyone laughed at Woohyun's fail but quickly talked about something else and Jiyoung sat down next to Myungsoo. 

"I thought you have a project to do, what are you doing here? " Myungsoo asked

" What? You don't want to see your best friend? I'm hurt. " Jiyoung put her hand over her chest and faked a cry. 

" Stop acting. You're not even a good actor. " Myungsoo smirked. 

" Pfft, you can't act along? Aish, I just wanted to see you since we didn’t have time to have a best friend talk but I see that you didn’t miss me at all. Pfft, I'm leaving, annoying best friend. " Jiyoung pushed Myungsoo and walked towards the exit. 

Myungsoo laughed and the six other guys shouted goodbye at her. The seven guys continued their guys talk, laughing and bickering at each other.

“Myungsoo, you know, you and Jiyoung would make a cute couple. “ Sunggyu pointed out.

“Yeah, Hyung, why don’t you ask her out? She’s super pretty and popular! “ Sungjond added.

“Myungsoo had… “ Before Sungyeol could finish what he wanted to say, Myungsoo covered his mouth .

“Shut up big mouth! “ Myungsoo said.

“What? What were you saying? Myungsoo, release him! “ Hoya asked.

“Aish, it’s none of your business! “ with that, Myungsoo dragged Sungyeol away with him, forgetting the five other guys behind them.