Milk box

My Cold City Girl

 

Hyerin stepped inside the classroom the next morning to find the usual milk box on her desk next to the windows. She inspected the milk like she always did.
- Have a good day -

*Eww, cheesy note, anyway, whoever you are, thank you. *

Every morning, someone always left a box of milk on her desk with a small note. Even if Hyerin didn't know who did that, she still drank the milk. 

"Hyerin-ah!!! This Saturday, come shopping with me!! We'll go karaoke afterwards. " As usual, Haneul screamed when she walked in the class.

"Only the two of us? " Hyerin doesn't like crowd place. But she loves shopping. 

"Ehh, we will go shopping alone. "

“Pfft, I know that you have a party after that. I saw it on Facebook. " Hyerin smirked. 

"Aish! Anyway, just come. 10am in front of Hongdae's fountain kk? "

"Alright, I'll come, just for the shopping kk? I'll leave after that. " 

"Sure " Haneul replied. 

The teacher came inside and the two girls sat down on their seat. 

After the long and boring first period of literature, Hyerin and Haneul went their respective way since Hyerin has mathematics and Haneul has philosophy. 

When Hyerin arrived in class, she went to her desk and waited for the teacher to come. The teacher was late. Hyerin put her earphones on since she didn’t want anyone to talk to her. Myungsoo was on the other side of the classroom talking to Sungyeol and his other friends. Out of his six close friends, Sungyeol was the only one that has classes with him. Sungjong was in the art department so he didn't have any class with him. The four other were older. Hoya and Woohyun were in their second year of college and Dongwoo and Sunggyu were in their third year. Myungsoo had a lot of friends since he was talkative and handsome, along with Sungyeol. He always managed to make people love him. One thing that has always troubled him is Hyerin. Ever since he met her in high school, Hyerin barely had any friends. He wondered if she feels lonely sometimes. He tried to befriend her back then but Jieun kept pushing him away so he just allow himself to make small talks with her ever since. 

*I wonder why Hoya doesn’t confess. She might accept, he is a good guy, he is handsome and he can dance. *

While talking with his friends, he saw a guy, obviously from another classroom, walking towards Hyerin. He wasn't supposed to eavesdrop but his curiosity won. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Hyerin-sshi, I'm Yoon Hyunwoo from the art department. " the guy bowsed 

Hyerin looked at the guy standing in front of her and continued to do what she was doing. Hyunwoo didn’t bulge. Hyerin finally took off her earphones and stared at the guy.

"I've always wanted to know you. Can I have your phone number? "

A few people stopped talking and wanted to listen to Hyerin's answer. Some people just didn't care about what's happening since they knew that Hyerin wouldn't give him her phone number. Myungsoo knew that too, but he was curious at how the cold-hearted girl will react. 

Hyerin stared at the guy a few seconds and caused Hyunwoo to look away because of her cold eyes. She finally said. 

"Sorry, I'm not interested. " She stood up, shot a death glare to everyone who was watching them, telling them to mind their own business and walked away. Soon after, Hyunwoo also left the classroom, the head hanging down in shame. Hyunwoo wasn't ugly but he wasn't the most handsome guy either. Let just say that he can’t be compared to Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

"Myungsoo-ah" Sungyeol asked. 

"Neh? " Myungsoo said. 

"I'm lucky I didn't confess to her before right? I would have faced the same treatment. "

"But why everyone likes her? I don't see what's so special about her. " Myungsoo asked. 

"Well, she is pretty and smart. She's someone that people would be proud to introduce her as their girlfriend if only she wasn’t that scary. " Kibum, one of Myungsoo and Sungyeol's classmate said. 

"But she might be a two-faced right? After all, nobody truly knows her. " Minhee, a chubby girl added. 

" Hey, she isn't like this! She is just quiet. I'm sure that she is just awkward with people. If people took their time to know her, she might be a cute person. Beside, when I was in middle school with her, she wasn't that cold, she was just shy. I don't know why she became that expressionless. She might have faced come difficulties. Who knows? We never truly had a serious conversation. " Sungyeol said without taking a breath. 

" Yeah, right and why don't you try to talk to her. " Kibum snickered. 

" Are you crazy! She might kill me with her death glare! " Sungyeol quickly declined. 

" Pfft, where are your balls? But you also went to the same middle school as her, right? I thought that we both knew her together. “ said Myungsoo. 

“That was before you moved in our neighbourhood.” Confirmed Sungyeol

Myungsoo was still confused about the reasons people like Hyerin. After a while, the teacher already arrived but Hyerin’s seat was still empty. 

“Does anyone know where is Lee Hyerin? " Mrs. Jung asked.

The whole classroom stayed silent. A soft knock was heard and Hyerin calmly entered the room. 

"I'm sorry, I'm late. " the girl said. 

"It's okay, go to your seat. We were about to start. " 

"Thanks. " Hyerin bowed and went beside the windows.

The window seat was her favorite place, she always sits beside the windows. It’s a place where you can see everything outside when it’s bored in class. Hyerin could sleep and the teacher wouldn’t know. It’s a place where she felt safe. She looked out the window while Mrs. Jung continued her boring lesson. Myungsoo was focusing on what the teacher was showing, but his eyes slowly wandered to Hyerin.

*Yes, Lee Hyerin is truly one pretty girl. Is this why guys want her as their girlfriend?*