Chapter 23: What You See Is What You Get

Annyeong Appa! (Hello Daddy!)

Previously... (From Chapter 22)

 

"Just face it! Jaekyung is better with me, you can't give her everything that she deserves." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae looked away. "You can't give her the best toys, the best clothes, the best education and obviously if you can leave your child on someone's front door means you aren't quite capable of protecting her. What if I wasn't willing to take her in? What if I just let her sit out there in the cold while you were somewhere else." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae shook her head and closed her eyes as she started to cry, but she kept her posture strong.

 

"You aren't a fit mother." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae then looked at Jaejoong, it was like she was burning holes into him. Even Tiffany felt chills.

 

"I'm not the best mother but I am her mother. Okay, I made a mistake. I know that! I know I can't give her the expensive clothes, the cool toys the best education but I gave her those things, yes they weren't expensive, cool or the top education system but they were enough to feel that I do care and love her. I worked so many jobs just to protect her. You had people looking for me! I had limited jobs to go to! I felt like a criminal who was running away just so I can give my daughter a peaceful life." Eun Jae raised her voice.

 

"Listen to me Kim Jaejoong." Eun Jae said and then she looked at Tiffany. "You too!" she pointed at Tiffany. "You'll need to sell your properties before you can get the best lawyer to take my rights as a mother." Eun Jae threatened. Tiffany stood up and came face to face with her. "We can get the best lawyer, you wouldn't be able to affordable even an average lawyer." Tiffany said and Eun Jae smirked. "Worst come back ." Eun Jae said and Tiffany was surprised. "I'm not letting you two take her away from me. You two may get married and become South Korea's best couple, but you aren't going to be South Korea's best parents to my child. I don't care if you are her dad, I'm her mom. She knows me more, she loves me more. I'm coming back tomorrow to get my child and there's nothing you can do." Eun Jae said and grabbed her bag as she made her way to the door.

 

"You don't know me, you don't know what I can do." Eun Jae slammed the door behind her. The two didn't know how they were supposed to feel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FRiends!!!! I'm sorry for not being able to post this earlier due to important errands that I had to commit to, but here you go! :D

 

Chapter 23: What You See Is What You Get

 

"Jaejoong please, she has no money, she has no family to turn to let alone friends what can she possibly do?" Tiffany said as she paced around the room. Earlier, Eun Jae had left a vague threat towards Jaejoong and Tiffany over a heated discussion about Eun Jae's qualification as a fitting mother to Jaekyung. Safe to say, the results showed a pinch of how angry Eun Jae could get.

 

"Exactly why we should be postponing the wedding for just two weeks." Jaejoong said and Tiffany felt anger just slowly crawling up her skin. "Jaejoong. First you let me sit down with a woman I dread, and now you intend to push my wedding two more weeks back? I'm not having it! You promised me our wedding, I have invited friends and family, I've slaved myself over decorations and coloring and everything else. I'm not about to let you push back the date. Call me selfish but I think pushing it back isn't going to help. You're just buying her time to find a way to get Eun Jae. What I say is, we let the wedding push through and before our honeymoon we fix the papers for Jaekyung's adoption." Tiffany said and Jaejoong looked at her with a surprised expression.

 

"Yes, don't act all surprised. I'm willing to push the honeymoon to a latter date just so we can put the adoption ahead, it is the most important one after all." Tiffany said and Jaejoong stood up. He placed both his hands on Tiffany and sighed. At that sigh, Tiffany already knew what it meant, she wasn't going to get her way. Tiffany had a sour look on her face and pushed Jaejoong away. "I'm tired of being your second choice Jaejoong." Tiffany said, her expression was defeat. She was human after all, and with everything despite her cruel appearance, she just really couldn't handle everything. "Tiffany, I'm sorry, please-" "No!" Tiffany yelled as Jaejooned tried to appease her. "No, I am sincerely done." Tiffany said as she felt her heart break and her tears just try to force themselves to stand still. Tiffany moved towards their bedroom with Jaejoong tailing behind her trying to coherce her.

 

"Tiffany please, I know you're tired I know I have been so selfish but please just this once-" "No! Stop it! Shut up!" Tiffany yelled as she had her hands to her ears, her eyes shut and her tears finally fall. Jaejoong was surprised, to the point that he stood still, just watching as Tiffany tried to calm herself with her tears. "I'm tired." Tiffany whispered. "I'm just so tired." Jaejoong began to feel guilt rush through, his mind fled back to the things that had previously happened and how he could have been so selfish with the situation. Yes, Jaekyung was a priority, but he had promised Tiffany his love and her dream. And he didn't even consider what the consequences were when he was putting his own needs ahead of hers.

 

"You never once asked me how I felt with what happened. Yes, I have done things that weren't pleasant and I was very selfish too but it was only because you were selfish from the gecko. You promised me love, you told me that you love me but yet I don't really see that. This woman, who might I add you had a one night stand with, suddenly comes into your life with your child and the tables turn." Tiffany said as she cried in front of Jaejoong, showing him her true self. "Tiffany I know that, but I'm trying to fix the current situation so you and I could be happy." Jaejoong said and Tiffany sarcastically laughed. "Funny, because from what I see, I'm slowly spiraling. I'm not happy, and each they it just gets worse. My own friends weren't even happy when I said I'd love to become Jaekyung's mother. Become a mother to a child that was not mine, only because I knew I'd care for her just as much as I cared for her father. Jaejoong I love you and I love Jaekyung too, otherwise I would have turned her away." Tiffany explained, she sat down on Jaejoong's bed, her physical state was matching what her emotional being was.

 

"Eun Jae came and everything turned. There was a moment when we could have turned things around, made situations easier for both parties. But everything became complicated and here we are." Tiffany stared at the wall as she began to realize the things that had happened. She wasn't happy, she wasn't happy at all. "You know when I became a trainee I didn't just do it because I needed the money or I wanted to become famous but because I was lonely." Jaejoong stared at Tiffany intently, he was too afraid to approach her because at that moment Tiffany looked like a fragile doll that at one touch could just fall apart and become ashes.

 

"My mom died, my dad and I aren't as close as we used to be and my siblings and I don't see eye to eye. They think that my fame is just the shortcut to success meanwhile they all studied for sincere success. Sometimes I say to myself that they were just jealous or that they didn't understand this world, but in truth they are correct." Tiffany said as she laid out her life in front of the man she loved. "Tiffany they aren't right. I know you well enough to see that your success is just as sincere as theirs and they can't tell you what's what. Because they don't know how much you had to suffer for this." Jaejoong tried to appease the situation, but Tiffany just smiled and shook her head. 

 

"You don't understand. We both have difficult situations with our family but its still different Jaejoong." Tiffany said as she looked at him with her eyes just pooled with tears. "I love your daughter, I really do and I love you too. But.." Tiffany stood up and slowly appraoched Jaejoong, holding her hands back from trying to wrap them around him and just tell him over and over how much he loved her. "You can't have both ways. I can't keep letting myself become a dartboard in your life." Tiffany slowly began to pull out her engagement ring from her fingers and Jaejoong wasn't sure exactly how he was supposed to react. Tiffany took his hand, the ring on Jaejoong's palm and she slowly pushed it away.

 

"Marry me when everything is settled. If you can't fix things between you, Eun Jae and for your daughter's sake then..." Tiffany said as she choked on her words. "Let me move on with my life." Tiffany said and walked out of the room.

 

-

 

Eun Jae sat in her living room, her mind just pooling over ideas of what she wanted Jaejong to feel. How she wanted Jaejoong to crawl in his knees, or better on all fours just begging for her to forgive him to stop the pain that she was about to let him encounter. Eun Jae didn't understand what family was, she didn't understand what it was like to be loved let alone to be cared for. When she came to her job at the club she felt like she was a fit, because there she was pushed and shoved and treated like a slave, it wasn't far from what she knew as home. Eun Jae knew that being at that club would still be better than what she actually was exposed to as she grew up. Her father never cared, her mother was just elsewhere and she had no siblings to cry over or to protect her, let alone teach her the things of life but even with that upbringing she was able to learn things on her own, stand her ground despite the mistreat she received from people that she welcomed with open arms to her life.

 

Despite her harsh words she still considered her one night with Jaejoong as the best thing, because it gave her the opportunity to have Jaekyung. To become the best parent that she could be, to be the best friend, the best family and to give all the love and care she could to one person. Things that she was robbed of from the day of her birth. Eun Jae wanted to bring Jaekyung into the world with the hopes that she would succeed in life, be able to understand how life worked and how she could achieve her dreams while in the process being filled with the love and respect that Eun Jae wasn't getting and could never get. Even with the current state, Eun Jae feels pushed aside and shoved. The father of her child taking her away like Eun Jae and Jaekyung never shared a bond, like Eun Jae simply baby sat his child for the first few years.

 

Eun Jae, on her own instincts was a mother who wasn't going to let someone simply take over her entire life and in the process rip her apart from what she called home, family and love.

 

"I'm going to hurt you. I'm going to hurt her. I'm going to tear you all down." Eun Jae whispered to herself, as her anger immersed through her empty house.

 

-

 

After a night of feeling empty, Jaejoong woke up to a dull day. He didn't want to get up but he knew he had to. He had asked his mother to let Jaekyung stay with him while he tried to fix the situation that he had. First thing on his mind was to go to Eun Jae's place. With a heavy heart, despite the vile feeling he currently had in the pit of his stomach Jaejoong mustered up all he could to walk into her house. But what he saw surprised him.

 

The place was empty, the drawers had no clothes except for the ones he had bought for Eun Jae, the kitchen was the way it was. Everything was actually back to how it was when he first bought the place but it felt empty and trashed because Eun Jae was not there, not even a trace of her was there. "Where the did she go?" Jaejoong said to himself in anger as he grabbed his phone nad dialed her number. He sighed and tried to calm himself but just as it was working he heard a phone ringing. Jaejoong walked towards the bedroom to find the phone he had bought Eun Jae was there ringing, he felt angry once again and ended the call.

 

Now knowing what to really do Jaejoong wanted someone's help and he knew that Yunho was there for him, someone who could always listen and lend a hand.

 

-

 

"Tiffany." Sooyoung called out her name softly as she saw her friend stretching in their training room. Tiffany had arrived three hours earlier than the rest, she jut wanted a few exercises alone before she had to face her friends who got wind of the news that had happened between her and Jaejoong. Sooyoung decided to come earlier in hopes that she could be the first to have a word with her friend, not because she wanted to know the news like an old woman chit chatting with a neighbor but because she wanted to be a friend.

 

"Hey, you're early." Tiffany said and Sooyoung nodded. "First time you were ever early." Tiffany smiled and giggled weakly and Sooyoung pouted. "I can't believe you can make a joke with the circumstances." Sooyoung said and Tiffany's smile faded, Sooyoung slapped for not being careful. "I'm sorry." Sooyoung said and Tiffany sighed. "I'm fine Sooyoung. But I don't want to talk about this right now. I know the rest would want to know so please hold back till they're all here. Its why I came really early." Tiffany explained and Sooyoung shook her head. "I didn't come here just because I wanted to know Tiffany, I came here because I want to be a friend." Sooyoung said and Tiffany was about to cry. "No tears!" Sooyoung said immediately as she approached Tiffany, wiping her tears away. "You're so sweet!" Tiffany said as she cried in an embrace with Sooyoung.

 

"It was so hard but I had to." Tiffany said and wiped her tears away, the two sat on the floor and began to talk. "You had to do it, you were hurting yourself an it wasn't fair to you." Sooyoung said as she agreed with what Tiffany had to do. "I know but I feel so guilty at the same time because I feel like I'm also being selfish for just deciding this." Tiffany said and Sooyoung shook her head. "No, no, and no! Any sane person would have done what you did. You were only thinking of yourself first! And there is nothing wrong with that! I was taught that you can't really love, care or respect someone without doing it to yourself first or even just putting your needs ahead of others first." Sooyoung said and Tiffany sighed. "Its just so hard." Tiffany said and Sooyoung nodded.

 

"It always is, believe me. But, you're doing what's right. I'd be putting myself ahead here but, have you decided what you're going to do. You will see him every day, you work at the same place, in the same field." Sooyoung said and Tiffany nodded. "I know, and the public knows that me and Jaejoong are happy and soon to be married. I'm glad no sites have figured that I wasn't wearing my ring anymore." Tiffany said as she showed her ringless fingers to Sooyoung. "I will be civil and professional, here I am working outside I am living my life and outside of this I don't need to necessarily interact with Jaejoong. I'll buy some time first before I let anything out. Besides, I still have faith that Jaejoong will do what he can to get his ducks in a row and come back to me." Tiffany said and Sooyoung nodded. "Its good to have faith." Sooyoung said, and as the two were just about to continue with the conversation when Sunny came running in.

 

"Tiffany what happened?!" Sunny yelled as she was running to get to the two, an iPad on her hand. "I'm not ready to talk just yet, can we let it pass?" Tiffany asked and Sunny gave her a weird look. "Seriously? You want to pass this issue?" Sunny said and Tiffany crossed her arms. "I'm sorry to be crass but don't you think you're being a little to insensitve?" Tiffany said and Sunny felt a bit irritated. "Well sorry for triyng to care about your reputation!" Sunny said and Tiffany and Sooyoung gave her a confused look. "What?" Tiffany asked and her eyes rolled towards the iPad on Sunny's hand. She grabbed it and saw a website opened up to a news that just broke out a few minutes ago, it had her photo, Jaejoong's, Jaekyung's and Eun Jae's with bold letters above, the words being something she feared.

 

"Family affairs, which party will win the child's custody?" Sooyoung read the headline and Tiffany felt like vomiting. "Who told?" Tiffany said as she scrolled through the news, it had details, very specific details about her current situation with Jaejoong. It spoke about her marriage to Jaejoong, about Jaekyung and her being close and about Eun Jae. The article was basically about the troubling issue she was facing wiht Jaejoong and Eun Jae. Details about Eun Jae and Jaejoong fighting for custody of Jaekyung. Certain words caught her eye, in particular it was how the author of the article presented it as if Eun Jae had told him personally.

 

"That ."

 

-

 

"No." Yunho said flat out as he sat in a cafe with Jaejoong, their coffees turning cold. "What do you mean no?" Jaejoong said and Yunho sighed. "She left your place after your conversation, I warned you about the conversation. Jaejoong I am grieving with you over your situation with Tiffany but at the same time, I think you're insane." Yunho said and Jaejoong face palmed as the conversation between him and Yunho irritated him more. "You're asking me my opinion on what's happening between you guys and to be really honest I think what Tiffany did was good and I'm suggesting that you don't go back to her until you fix what's happening right now. Yes it will take a long time but would you really want to rush it all, possibly hurt more people even Jaekyung and be with Tiffany? She wouldn't be happy about it either. You and Eun Jae need to settle everything first." Yunho said and Jaejoong just wasn't having a good day at all.

 

The people at the cafe began to look at the two, and only Yunho was able to notice. Instead of bringing it up, he decided to brush it off. "Listen Jaejoong, I know you're having a hard time I get it but you need to remember that a child is in the mix. A child who barely knows you. Eun Jae may not have everything that you could give but she's still the mother and you've made her really angry. In fact, I don't blame her I probably would do the same thing if I were her. Now, she's gone somewhere you don't know and that only means she's really really angry." Yunho said and Jaejoong just stared out the window, and even the people outside were staring, and at that moment he noticed and it quite bothered him. He decided to do a little quick google search on himself.

 

"By the way, we need to talk about the choreography from last week. Junsu said we should add a couple more moves." Yunho said but Jaejoong was too busy trying not to choke himself at what he saw.

 

-

 

"Do you really think that what you're doing is the right thing?" Mina asked Eun Jae as she laid in the guest room Mina had offered her. "Yes." Eun Jae simply put it. "How about Jaekyung? What do you plan to do?" Mina asked and Eun Jae sat up. "I called a lawyer, I looked him up and he's really good with custody cases and he told me that I didn't need to worry, all I had to do was supply him the information he needs and I just have to stay out of trouble." Eun Jae said and Mina gave her a look. "And you think talking to the press and making this public even before an official court hearing is staying out of trouble." Mina said. "I talked about it with him first, I was careful with my words and I didn't put blame on Jaejoong or Tiffany I just simply put the details out in public. It doesn't mean that I'll be ruled as an unfit mother. Besides, I made a deal with the press that if I give them what they want they would make it look as if I said it but only because they found out on their own." Eun Jae said and Mina felt her head spin with all the information just floating in.

 

"They're just getting a taste, believe me. I have so much more in store for those two." Eun Jae said as her mind began to obsess over a plan. "Eun Jae, just make sure you're careful. One wrong move and you could lose Jaekyung and hurt people most especially yourself." Mina said and Eun Jae turned to her friend, taking her hand and smiling. "I'm glad I've met you as a friend. I always felt alone and when Jaekyung came all I had in my was to protect her and now I have you who puts concern over her shoulder over me and I'm thankful." Eun Jae said and Mina felt confused. "It is weird, but I just wanted you to know that I do care and appreciate you because I'm about to enter into a battle that will be bloody and it might hurt me and you." Eun Jae said and Mina sighed.

 

"I'm saying this in advance because I know people will come after everyone I know and care and that is you and Jaekyung. I'm prepared to protect my daughter but I can't give you my one hundred percent but I am now asking if you will be willing to do this for me and my daughter. If you're not I will pack my things and find a motel to stay in and let you stay out of this mess." Eun Jae said and Mina smiled. "Don't be silly I will stand by you." Mina said and Eun Jae smiled.

 

"Don't worry, I will make sure they go away. I'm doing everything for my baby. Those two will see hell for what it really is."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It feels short and rushed and I'm sorry friends :((

But yes oh my gawd is about to happen!