Chapter 12: Rage

Annyeong Appa! (Hello Daddy!)

FLASH BACK (Chapter 11)

 

“Appa… I want a bed time story… Please…” Jaekyung asked as she looked up at Jaejooong who was dazed and was busy brushing her hair softly. “Appa?” Jaekyung repeated and Jaejoong snapped out of his senses as he looked down at her. He cleared his throat and thought of some kind of story. “Okay, I have a good one…” Jaejoong said and cleared his throat one more time, Jaekyung tried to make herself comfortable.

 

“Once there was a prince who was so handsome and talented. A lot of people adored and loved him. But even if so many people loved him, deep inside he was such a lonely person. He had no girlfriend and was far away from his family. The closest he had to someone to hug was his pet tiger… But even the tiger hates him…” Jaejoong said. “Poor prince.” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong nodded his head.

 

“One day, Prince decided to head over to a strip clu- I mean, he decided to head over a place filled with beautiful bunnies and delicious chocolate milk and pretty rainbows everywhere. Despite all the cute and beautiful bunnies he saw a wonderfully beautiful girl. The Prince couldn’t stop looking at her…” Jaejoong said softly.

 

“She was so beautiful, she had amazing milky white skin, it was so soft, softer than a marshmallow. She smelled better than honey combined with roses…” Jaejoong said as he began to smile, Jaekyung looked up at him and felt curious over Jaejoong’s sudden appearance. “She was so pretty the Prince couldn’t move in his place. The beautiful girl walked up to the Prince and introduced herself. The prince and her talked for hours and hours.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Did the Prince or the beautiful girl run off because it was midnight?” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong looked down at her. “Baby, don’t compare appa’s amazing stories with ridiculous fairy tales that mislead children, okay?” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung nodded her head and continued to listen. “The beautiful girl wanted to get to know the prince more. So they played a game all night. When they got so tired they fell asleep and once the Prince woke up… The beautiful girl was gone… The Prince was so heartbroken he started to look for her everywhere…” Jaejoong said.

 

“The Prince asked helped from his ginger bread friends and they tried to look for the beautiful girl. He went back to the place where he met the beautiful girl but the peanut butter coated king said that the girl was  not from there… The Prince gave up and met a new beautiful woman…” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung was slowly falling asleep.

 

“But years later, the doorbell of the Prince’s wonderful home sounded. He opened the door and saw a beautiful angel that was right at his door step. The beautiful angel said that she was the Prince’s daughter. The Prince said she was not and after a couple of months the Prince found out the beautiful angel was his daughter…” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung finally fell asleep, but he was not aware of this.

 

“The Prince found the beautiful girl, who was the pretty angel’s mother, but she didn’t want the Prince back. So he left his angel of a daughter with the prince and she went far far away where she would never be seen by anyone else… Most especially… The Prince…” Jaejoong said.

 

“The end…” Jaejoong said as he choked on his words. He looked down to find Jaekyung sleeping soundly. He slowly kissed the top of her head and buried his face on her head and fell asleep as well.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 12: Rage

 

 

3:48 a.m.

Jaejoong’s place…

 

Jaejoong woke up and found himself in bed with Jaekyung who was sleeping like a baby. He gently got up from the bed and walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. As he finished drinking he began to wonder why exactly Eun Jae was running away from him in the first place… And he thought of the things he could have given her…

 

Why were you hiding from me? Didn’t you want to be with me? I could’ve given you the best things! I can afford anything you want! I can give you and our daughter a better future… Why’d you leave us?! Why?! Jaejoong felt his grip on the glass tighten and his tears falling. He used his other hand and fisted it and slammed on the kitchen counter. He dropped on his knees, the glass falling as well as he continued to cry on the kitchen floor.

 

He felt angry…

 

Betrayed…

 

Hurt…

 

And most of all…

 

Broken…

 

There couldn’t be anyone more depress than he was at this state. The woman he has been looking for, the one whom he couldn’t stop thinking about everyday left their wonderful daughter with him and  just stayed away from him hidden in the shadows only to be found dead. Jaejoong couldn’t handle this kind of pressure… It was just…

 

Too much…

 

-

 

“Good morning!” Junsu greeted Jaejoong with a smile on his face. Jaejoong had Jaekyung in his hand, sunglasses on and he was paler than usual, and of course, he looked cold and distant. He didn’t respond and let go of Jaekyung’s hand as he walked towards the table at the side of the practice room and settled his bad down.

 

“It’s time to tell him…” Junsu said, with a concerned look on his face. “Tell who what?” Jaekyung asked and Junsu looked down on her with a smile. “Nothing much, I just have really important news that your appa will surely enjoy!” Junsu said as he lowered down so his eyes would meet Jaekyung’s. “Enjoy? What is it?! Can I know too?!” Jaekuyng asked with her eyes big and giddy. Junsu chuckled. “I’ll let your appa be the one to tell you after I tell him!” Junsu said and ran towards Jaejoong.

 

“Hyung! I have news you’ll jump for joy with and will swipe off that depressed look on your face!” Junsu said and Jaejoong wasn’t really paying attention. He was fiddling with his phone and looking at all his mentions on twitter. “Hyung! Stop tweeting and pay attention first! It’s about Eun Jae…” Junsu said whispering the last part. Within seconds, Jaejoong shot his head up and stared at Junsu. He dropped his phone onto the table carelessly, not giving a damn if it got scratched or even fell. He placed his hands on Junsu’s shoulders and shook him violently, as if trying to shake the truth out.

 

“Tell me!” Jaejoong said and Junsu smiled. “I saw her!” Junsu said and Jaejoong felt surprised. His hands slowly slid down from Junsu’s shoulder… “W-What?” Jaejoong asked confused. “I saw her! She’s alive! She was at the diner! I went to go out and eat last night and saw her at the dinner! When I pointed a finger at her and told her she was Eun Jae she denied it but I knew it was her, I could tell, she seemed distant and shaking when I told her she was Eun Jae.” Junsu said and Jaejoong didn’t know how to feel. He was too overwhelmed by the news.

 

“Okay, you guys ready to practice yet? We start with Rising Sun first and O Jung Ban Hap will be after lunch.” Yunho announced as he entered the room with Yoochun. “She’s alive!” Jaejoong said as he had his eyes wide open. Yunho’s eyebrows furrowed and he stared at Jaejoong. Jaejoong marched up to him and started shaking him. “Call Jung Suk! Call manager hyung! We need to go see her now!” Jaejoong said and headed towards the door. Yunho was confused and followed Jaejoong.

 

“What’s going on?” Yoochun asked. “I saw Eun Jae!” Junsu said. “You’re kidding?!” Yoochun said. “My eomma? You saw my eomma?” Jaekyung asked innocently, as if forgotten, she was at the middle of the room staring at all of them, not aware of what’s happening. “Yes! I saw your mother!” Junsu said and Jaekyung had a huge smile on her face. “She’s pretty isn’t she?!” Jaekyung said and Junsu nodded his head.

 

 

 

 

“Jaejoong wait! What the hell is going on?!” Yunho asked confused as he tried to run after Jaejoong and as he did, he grabbed his arm and spun him around, but to no avail, Jaejoong simply turned around and continued to walk like crazy. “Eun Jae’s alive! She’s alive! I need to go meet her!” Jaejoong said like a mad man. “W-Wait! Where?!” Yunho asked, he felt nervous. What if he discovers that I hid this from him? Yunho thought. “Oh … I need to go get Junsu to come with me.” Jaejoong said as he kept mumbling something underneath his breath as he continued to walk up to the practice room to go get Junsu.

 

Yunho panicked and grabbed his arm. “Jaejoong stop!” Yunho said firmly and Jaejoong stopped, despite him being older, Jaejoong feared Yunho’s loud stern deep voice. Jaejoong looked at him, fear in his eyes and Yunho softened up a bit as he noticed this. “Don’t be ridiculous… You’re rushing… It was late, what if Junsu was simply seeing things?” Yunho reasoned and he felt like sweat was forming in his forehead. “B-But- Junsu said- Her reaction!” Jaejoong tried to bring the words out but nothing was forming. “Jaejoong ah… We can’t be sure about this… Listen, I’ll be the one to go there and check it out myself with hyung… Just stay here and take care of Jaekyung, at this moment she needs you.” Yunho finally accomplished distracting Jaejoong as he made his way towards the training room.

 

I just hope Junsu was really seeing things…

 

-

 

“Appa…” Jaekyung called out his name as Jaejoong was playing with his noodles. Jaejoong lifted his head and looked up at her. Jaekyung stood on her chair and leaned closer to Jaejoong as she placed her tiny hands on his cheeks. Jaejoong was surprised at her action and simply stared at her. When she wasn’t speaking he finally decided to. “What are you doing baby?” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung smiled. “I’m warming you up!” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong had a confused look. “What?” he asked.

 

“You have a cold expression, and my hands are warm so I want to make you feel it. Are you okay now appa?” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong smiled as he gently placed her hands down. “Appa isn’t cold, and appa is alright. What made you think appa was cold?” Jaejoong asked and she smiled. “Did Changmin tell you things again?” Jaejoong asked in a serious expression and Jaekyung giggled. “Nope! It just seems like it because you are sad and usually I notice that sad or mean people are being called cold people.” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong laughed at how silly she was.

 

“You know what… Why don’t we go to Lotte World… You want to do that?” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung’s eyes shot up and nodded her head. “I wanna go! I wanna go!” Jaekyung yelled and Jaejoong chuckled. “If you finish that all we’ll go!” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung began to eat. “Hey, don’t go to fast you might choke.” Jaejoong warned her as he looked at her speed at eating, as if she hasn’t eaten in ages.

 

Kind of like Changmin after every rehearsal…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Better yet everyday…

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello Jaekyung!” Tiffany waved at her as she leaned down a bit to wave at her. Jaekyung gave a confused look at Jaejoong and Tiffany seemed to be offended. “Oppa, why is she looking like she’s mad? I thought we were friends Jaekyung ah?” Tiffany asked as she playfully whined. Jaekyung then gestured Jaejoong to go down. Jaejoong kneed in front of her and Jaekyung whispered “I thought only you and me were going to Lotte World…” but she was being so cute that she didn’t realize her voice was still loud. Tiffany chuckled at how adorable she was at whispering.

 

“Well…” Jaejoong returned the same action. “Tiffany wanted to spend time with you too, she says she misses you already so she wanted to join us, don’t you want her here?” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung bit her lower lip and she seemed to have no choice as she walked over to grab Tiffany’s hand. “Let’s go then!” Tiffany said in excitement.

 

They went around all rides, at least those that Jaekyung can go on, and the ones Jaejoong didn’t seem to fear. They played various games and bought some cute stuff toys and hats. As soon as they got hungry Tiffany suggested they ate somewhere outside of Lotte World and Jaejoong nodded his head and they headed over the nearest restaurant that seemed to have less people. Jaejoong got up and went to order their food leaving Tiffany and Jaekyung behind.

 

Tiffany observed as Jaekyung played with the wooden chopsticks on the table. Tiffany then smiled as she took Jaekyung’s hands slowly. Jaekyung stared at her. “Jaekyung ah, can Tiffany unni ask you something very important?” Tiffany asked and Jaekyung nodded her head. Tiffany heaved a heavy sigh as she smiled at the cute girl in front of her. “Would it be alright if Tiffany unni became your eomma?” Tiffany asked and Jaekyung shook her head immediately, giving Tiffany a playful pout. “Why not?” she asked playfully.

 

“I already have my own eomma, and she’ll be coming for me soon! Appa said she’s just somewhere we can’t contact her.” Jaekyung said and Tiffany gave a soft smile. Don’t be stupid Tiffany, of course Jaejoong won’t tell her immediately, it would break her precious heart. Tiffany thought and smiled at Jaekyung. “But if ever, would you ever accept unni to be your second eomma?” Tiffany asked and Jaekyung nodded her head leaving Tiffany smiling brightly.

 

After eating they immediately headed back to the company and headed to the training room. Junsu was happy to see them and they immediately ran towards Jaekyung. “Did you have some fun at Lotte World Jaekyung ah?” Yoochun asked and Jaekyung smiled. “Your appa is so selfish and greedy he didn’t take us with him.” Changmin complained and earned a punch from Jaejoong. “See? He even hits me!” Changmin said and Jaejoong finally glared at him. Jaekyung and Tiffany just giggled and suddenly Yunho and Manager Jang came in along with Han Seul trailing behind them who closed the door.

 

“Yunho ah!” Jaejoong said and walked towards him. Manager Jang had a straight face on and Han Seul looked so nervous right behind them, fidgeting her fingers, Yunho tried to keep his face straight. “Jaejoong we need to talk to you in private.” Manager Jang said. “Jaejoong oppa…” Tiffany said as she walked over to Jaejoong and wrapped her arms on his. “Tiffany, it’s private…” Yunho said and Tiffany didn’t want to budge. She was part of Jaejoong’s life and she wanted to know what was going on. “I’m part of Jaejoong’s life, what you’ll tell him can affect me.” Tiffany said and Yunho just let her be. She was simply as stubborn as Jaejoong was.

 

They headed outside leaving Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin to play with Jaekyung inside the training room. “Did you find her?!” Jaejoong asked and Tiffany looked at Jaejoong confused. “Find who?” Tiffany asked. “Junsu was seeing things Jaejoong…” Manager Jang said and Jaejoong felt a stingy pain in his heart. “What…” Tiffany whispered to herself confused. “I don’t believe it.” Jaejoong said sternly and Yunho was getting irritated.

 

“Jaejoong ah, stop being so delusional. How can a dead woman come back to life? Junsu was seeing things. He didn’t really see Jaekyung’s mother at that diner! The manager confirmed it himself!” Yunho spoke and Tiffany was surprised. “She’s alive?” Tiffany asked and Yunho looked at her. “No, Junsu was seeing things.” Yunho clarified. “I didn’t see her myself! How can you be sure?! What if she told her manager not to speak about her?! She’s been hiding from me even before I found out about Jaekyung! She ran away the day she visited me and Jaekyung! Of course she’d deny anyone trying to look for her!” Jaejoong yelled and Tiffany was pushed aside. She felt fear hearing Jaejoong’s anger.

 

“Jaejoong calm down, people can hear you, don’t cause a scene.” Han Seul said as she tried to calm him down. “How can I?! We need to go there now! Hyung, please tell me the name of the diner!” Jaejoong asked angrily. “Jaejoong, stop it!” Yunho said and Jaejoong had enough. He walked inside the practice room and all of them stared at Jaejoong. Yoochun saw his expression and immediately placed Jaekyung behind him.

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Junsu asked as Jaejoong stood in front of him. “Come with me!” Jaejoong yelled and grabbed Junsu and dragged him outside. Junsu had no choice but to follow. “Jaejoong!” Yunho called out but he didn’t care. He drove immediately. “Where’s the diner you saw Eun Jae at?!” Jaejoong asked angrily and Junsu feared this so he pointed the directions. As they got there he didn’t even give a damn about parking properly and marched inside.

 

Junsu tried to follow suit as he fiddled with the seatbelt before being able to be free and run after him. Jaejoong marched inside and there seemed to be no people there at all since they were closing. “Where is she?!” Jaejoong yelled at the cashier lady who was terrified. The manager immediately came out. “Excuse me sir, but we are closed.” The manager said. “Where’s Eun Jae?! EUN JAE! EUN JAE COME OUT NOW PLEASE! STOP HIDING FROM ME!” Jaejoong asked and tears finally slid down his cheeks as he felt so pressured by the situation.

 

“Excuse me sir, I’ll have to ask you to leave or I’ll have to call the police!” the manager said and Junsu was finally behind Jaejoong. “Hyung, calm down!” Junsu said and Jaejoong didn’t give a damn and ran to the back and was immediately followed by the manager and Junsu leaving the employee where she was.

 

-

 

“EUN JAE!!” Eun Jae heared her voice being called. She recognized that voice. Even if she didn’t hear him yell, she knew it was him. Eun Jae’s heart beat fastened. She immediately fixed her things and tried her best to be quick but she heard the door open. She hoped inside her locker and closed herself. Jaejoong heard the closing of a locker from the left side and immediately ran there and saw no one but a bag left there. He ran to the bag and opened it up looking for something.

 

He found a wallet and opened it up, he saw the picture of Jaekyung and a woman… The woman he has been looking for. “Eun Jae! Please stop hiding from me! Why are you hiding from me?! Why?!” Jaejoong yelled. He had enough. The most important question was left unanswered, and he wanted to know the answer. “Sir! I’ve called the police! Please calm down and get out of the employee room!” the manager said and Jaejoong turned around giving up.

 

“You win…” Jaejoong whispered and Eun Jae heard this. Jaejoong was escorted outside by Junsu, the negotiation with the manager and the employee as well as Jaejoong’s friend Jung Suk was left that none of this would be remembered ever again or let alone leaked to the public. After a few minutes they all parted ways.

 

“Close up immediately okay Ji Min? Tell Eun Jae to take the next week or two off… I bet this guy won’t stop bugging her…” the manager said and left. Ji Min headed to the employee room and decided to use the back door. “Eun Jae ah… Where are you?” Ji Min said as she looked at the lockers and saw no one so she turned around. Eun Jae finally opened the locker causing Ji Min to turn back immediately. “You were there the whole time?!” Ji Min said and Eun Jae nodded her head. “You guys had the key to the back room…” Eun Jae said softly.

 

“Why were you hiding from him? Why was he looking for you?” Ji Min asked and Eun Jae simply stared at her friend and tears started to stroll. “Let’s talk about this when we get home, come on.” Ji Min said and helped Eun Jae to fix her things and leave.

 

-

 

“Hyung, it’s gotten worst…” Yunho said. “Why did you have to tell him she was dead?” Yoochun asked. “We had no choice. You should know better. Let’s just leave the situation where it is for the mean time… I’m cancelling your following appearances and schedules. Take the next 5 months off. Jaejoong will need all the time he needs. Han Seul, take Jaekyung first, Jaejoong isn’t at his right state to be taking care of Jaekyung…” Manager Jang said and Han Seul followed suit.