Broken Heart

I Like You Best

HI YOU GUYS!!!!

I haven't abandoned youu!!!!!

OMG D: I think... I lost... A LOT of suscribers ;-;

lol it u.u

But i realize i've been gone for what feels like forever D: 

But I'm back! I have my reasons for disappearing... And... I shall now officially be back on track :) 

So, while I write my long apology atthe bottom... Read on my dears! :D

(P.S: My birthday was 4 days ago! I'm officially 18! yaaay!~)

____________________________________________

 

Chapter 8: Broken Heart

Your P.O.V:

I walked towards the door of Beast’s dorm. I walked slower than I could’ve imagined I was able to. I hadn’t spoken to any of the members lately due to their preparation for their first album. It was a couple of days ago that Doo Joon oppa sent me a message saying that they had finally gotten a day off, so I was invited over. I had hoped that one of the others could come, but they had been too busy. I fiddled with my fingers as I thought back to the last time I had seen one of the Beast members. Ki Kwang oppa had confessed to me… It had been quite a few weeks since that happened, but I still hadn’t come any closer to understanding my feelings for him. I knocked on the door and waited anxiously for the door to open.

After a few seconds, I heard the click of the door as it was opened.

“Minnie!”

“Oppa?” I asked confused, looking at Key in surprise.  “I… I thought you said you weren’t coming.” I stared at him still confused until he grabbed me gently by the arm and pulled me inside the dorm.

“Yeah, I thought I would be busy too, but I actually finished my schedule early and decided to head over to surprise you and the others. I didn’t think I’d beat you here though.”

“Oh,” I nodded in understanding as I took my shoes off and walked inside. “Did anyone else come?”

“No, everyone else was busy.”

“Min!” I looked up to see Seobie oppa peeking around the corner and smiling brightly at me. “You’re finally here! Is that food?” He quickly got up and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and the food disappeared along with him as he let go.

I rolled my eyes playfully and walked along side Kibum oppa towards the living room. It was empty and all the guys had gone to gather around the food by the kitchen counter. Dong Woon oppa was the first to turn and smile at me but quickly turned back to the food. Ki Kwang oppa who was beside Woonie turned and smiled as well, but actually pulled away from the crowd and came towards us.

I swallowed slightly and unintentionally took a step back, before I was held in place by Kibum oppa. I looked at him but he simply smiled and walked away to the crowd in the kitchen.

“Min, it’s been a while huh?” Ki Kwang oppa said with a smile, stopping a few steps away from me.

“Mm, it has. Have you been well?” I asked playing with my jean pocket.

He nodded with a small frown. He opened his arms for me, and nodded once signaling me to come. I hesitated but slowly took the few steps to enter his embrace. He wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes in embarrassment.

“Haven’t figured things out, have you?” He lowered his voice so only I could hear him. I opened my eyes to see if any of the others could see, but they were all occupied with the food. “I understand, but please, we’re still friends at least. Don’t be awkward with me.”

“Deh, I’ll try.” I answered after a moment’s silence.

“Good,” he released me and gave me a small smile that I returned before pushing me gently forwards towards the food.

“Minnie! When did you get here?” Hyun Seung oppa asked confused.

“Pabo Hyung!” She’s the one that brought the food.” Yo Seob oppa answered with a mouthful of food.

“What? What food?” Hyun Seung oppa asked confused holding a plate.

“The food you’re currently eating.” Ki Kwang mumbled as he sat on the floor a little away eating.

“… What are you talking about?”

“Aish!”

I smiled as Doo Joon put down his plate and came to hug me. I looked around to confirm what I had noticed when I walked him. “Junnie oppa?” I asked while he hugged me.

“On his way, he was still doing some composing for the album.” I nodded and he let me go to eat his food again. “There’s something wrong with you Seungie.” He commented as he passed by the confused boy.

“Here,” I looked to my left to where Kibum oppa held out a plate for me with food while holding his plate.

I took it from him with a smile. “Thank you.” I found a spot by Yo Seob oppa and ended up between him and Kibum oppa. I sat with my plate in my lap while the others talked and ate happily.

“Min?” I looked up to see everyone staring at me.

“Ye?” I asked Kibum oppa confused with the atmosphere.

“Why aren’t you eating?” Doo Joon oppa asked.

“Ah… Well… I was actually thinking I should wait for-”

“I’m back.” Everyone turned towards the door as Junnie oppa walked in. I smiled brightly and stood up. “Min Young, you’re here already?” He asked as I walked towards him.

“Deh, I’ll go serve you food araso?” I smiled as I gave him a quick hug and turned to the kitchen.

“Ahh, that’s what she was waiting for,” I heard someone say with a mischievous tone in his voice.

“Of course, Min’s a sweetie.” Kibum oppa said proudly. I simply served Jun Hyung oppa his food and handed it to him as I went back to my spot and began eating my semi-cold food.

We all talked happily, catching up and talking when Yo Seob oppa suddenly stood up. “Why’d everyone stop? I’m just going to the bathroom… Sheesh.” He said with a smirk. I smiled as he walked away, only to notice Ki Kwang oppa slide in beside me.

I smiled shyly at him and looked away only to see Jun oppa watching us carefully.

“Min, you ok?” Ki Kwang asked from beside me.

“Ah, ye…” I said with a small smile.

“Araso,” he gave me a small smile of his own and playfully messed my hair up. I laughed and relaxed slightly still feeling shy around him. I watched as he smiled and talked with the others and wondered why I couldn’t make up my mind.

“Minnie,” Kibum oppa called pulling me back out of my thoughts. “Mm?” I asked looking at him.

“I have to leave for another schedule, you’re staying?” He stood up off the floor and dusted himself off.

I nodded, “Ye, just for a little while. I need to go train.” He nodded and gave me a small kiss on the cheek and waved goodbye to the others.

We all began to play games and even though I still felt shy around Ki Kwang oppa, I did my best to talk to him and act normal. My heart beat quickly when I was near him, but I still couldn’t feel natural around him. These thoughts bothered me the whole time.
______________________________________________________________________

Jun Hyung’s P.O.V:

“Crap! Who finished my coke?” I asked out loud as I pulled my head out of the fridge.

“Ah… I’m sorry… It was me.” Yo Seob slowly raised his hand looking at me with his big eyes.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “It’s ok, there’s no helping what’s been done. I’m going to the store, anyone need anything?”

“No,” they all chorused. I nodded and went to go get a light hoodie. I came out and looked surprised at Min Young who was standing there.

“Min?” I asked carefully.

“Want some company?” She asked with a smile. I couldn’t help the smile that crossed my face. That one innocent question made me happy for whatever reason. I nodded, hoping not to look too eager. “Ok, I need to get going soon so I’ll leave from there. Oppas, I’ll see you all soon, araso?”

“Deh~” They all chorused again, absorbed in their game on the floor. Min quickly gave each a hug, Ki Kwang holding her for longer than the others I noticed… And then quickly came back beside me and slipped her shoes on.

“Let’s go?” She asked smiling.

“Mm,” I opened the door and let her go first before shutting the door behind me.

We walked downstairs in silence, and it was only until we stepped out that I felt it was ok to talk. “Min?”

She turned and looked at me, her eyes bright in the deep glow of the setting sun. “Ye oppa?”

“Is there something wrong?” I asked carefully.

She looked at me surprised but looked straight ahead before answering. “Why do you think there’s something wrong?” I looked down and saw her fiddling with her jeans pocket. She only did that when she was nervous.

“Is there something between you and Ki Kwang?...” I asked again.

“Is it noticeable?” She said with a small smile.

“No,” I lied, “I just know you well.”

“Oh.” She said softly. I decided to stay quiet and walked slowly beside her. It wasn’t awkward, but I could feel the tension that was growing from her side. “Ki Kwang oppa confessed to me.” In that one sentence I felt the tension disappear, but now I felt odd.

I stopped in my steps suddenly. She stopped a bit ahead of me and looked back anxiously. “…When did he confess?” I asked carefully, there was a tight feeling in my chest that I couldn’t ignore.

She came back to stand beside me and grabbed my hand gently and pulled me towards the store’s direction. “A few weeks ago.” She walked slightly ahead of me, her small hand still holding mine, her face hidden from my view.

“What… Did you say?” I asked in a choked voice. I didn’t understand much right now.

“Nothing… I… Don’t know how I feel about him. My heart will beat fast when I’m with him, but maybe it’s me just being nervous? And… I felt really weird today, we didn’t feel natural. But… I don’t see how I can’t like him… If I think about saying yes, my stomach does flips, but if I think about saying no, I feel sad…” She slowed down slightly but kept walking.

I looked down and gripped her hand gently and caught up to her speed. “Minnie…” I said softly. She looked up at me, a confused expression on her face that made me smile. “Don’t do that, you’ll get wrinkles.” I said poking her forehead with my finger.

She pouted slightly. “I will not…” She mumbled. But she quickly smoothes out her expression and replaced it with a genuine smile. “How do you do that?”

“Do what?” I asked with my own smile.

“Make me smile without even trying. I want to be able to do that.”

I shrugged. “I just say whatever comes to mind. I just want you to smile.” I said sincerely. She looked up and brightly smiled.

“Thank you oppa.” Her smile quickly had my heart beating and I had an urge to hug her tightly right now…

“N-no problem…” I stuttered and looked away pulling her inside the store. I cleared my throat and slowly let go of her hand despite the want to never let go. “Minnie, I’m going to go look for the coke, pick out a snack for the ride home. I’ll treat you.” I smiled at her and her face lit up.

“Really? Thank you oppa!” she ran off towards the snacks and I turned around letting out a deep breath.

“…” I mumbled under my breath as I walked along the aisle looking at the drinks. “I like Min Young?” I asked out loud. I looked around quickly and sighed in relief that no one was around. “But Ki Kwang likes her…” I continued to mumble out loud as I found my coke and began to wander in search of her. “And… She likes Ki Kwang?...” I questioned.

“Oppa?” I jumped slightly and turned to face Min Young who was looking at me confused. “Who were you talking to?”

“No one.” I said and grabbed the ice cream cone from her and walked towards the cash register. “This is all you want Min?” I asked turning back.

“Deh, it’s enough that you’re buying me a treat oppa, don’t worry.” She patted my arm gently and guided me towards the register. I quickly paid and handed Min her ice cream before walking out.

“Are you ok on your own Min?” I asked cautiously. I looked up at the sky and it was already getting dark.

She nodded, “I’ll be perfectly fine. You don’t have to worry.”

I nodded hesitantly but she continued smiling and gave me a tight hug.  “Uhh…” I coughed and carefully returned the hug.

“Oppa… Thank you for listening…” She said into my chest. I nodded and patted her back gently.

“You’re welcome…” I basically whispered. She let go -too soon for me but I didn’t complain- and gave me a final wave before walking off.

“Take care oppa! Make sure to eat!”

“I will…” I waved even though she couldn’t see it and headed towards the dorm. I was caught in my thoughts about Min and Kwang and my own feelings as I slowly walked. “She must like him…” I began mumbling to myself again. “It doesn’t make sense if she doesn’t… But then that means… She doesn’t like me.”

My heart’s been broken this swiftly and easily.

Life .
______________________________________________________________________

 

Alrighty~

Yaaaay I FINALLY updated one of my stories!!!!! YAAAAAAAHHHH 

Ok. So. Guys... I feel you deserve an explanation for my horrible... horrible.... HORRIBLE lateness u.u 

truthfully... I spent most of this summer either, cleaning, out with friends or (this is the most time spending one) Watching dramas

Dx Yes! I was in by dramas! D:

Curious about which dramas are to blame? lol.

I watched Dream High, Lie to me, Secret Garden, My Princess, City Hunter, Heartstrings and am now in the process of watching Prosecutor Princess... hehehe... yeah ^^; 

But I'm soooooooo sorry! I felt horrible for not updating ;-; So i am officially back! :D

I'll be more diligent from now on :) so trust in me!

Until next time,

Bye-yeum!~