Ninja Adventures

From the Heart of a Potential Bridezilla

I stared up at the stained night sky while being absorbed in my own thoughts. Huge dark puffs covered the sky, and I could sense that a storm was coming on. How funny, it was stormy, just like my life. Why not add to the list of things that humor me?

I sat and thought. After wall, I was all by myself with literally nothing to do. Well, maybe not literally, but you get what I mean. The day had been crazy. No, the week was crazy. Everything was crazy, and I wasn’t ready for any of this. The more I thought about things the worse they got because it just made me closer to realizing that there was no way out of this and-

I slapped myself.

“What the fudge are you thinking? Of course there’s a way out of this. It’s called running away and living like a hobo.”

Yeah, and how’s that going to work?

“I’ll just steal a bunch of shizz and live off of that.”

Yes, and we all know the pampered princess will be able to stand that for more than 20 seconds.

“Of course, I can. And I’m not THAT pampered.”

Sure, and I’m also not halfway insane for talking to my inner thoughts like this.

I mentally facepalmed. I was going insane.

Gosh, what am I going to do with myself? I can’t deny it any longer, I’m going to marry Park Chanyeol and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Or is there?

My eyes grew wide with realization as a certain thought crossed my mind, and within seconds I was tip-toeing back into Chanyeol’s room. I peeked my head in through the door. Luckily, he was asleep so I crept in and began searching for where Santa left my stuff. It was right next to him. I huffed in frustration, but being as stupid as I was I was determined to get to my stuff and that little paper that Shoutard left me.

So I crept closer being careful to make the least possible amount of noise. Finally, when I was close enough to reach my stuff, I breathed a sigh and pulled it toward me. Rummaging through my bags, I drew out a small piece of paper and eagerly opened it up. However, Shoutard’s messy crappy handwriting wasn’t scribbled across the paper. Instead, it was a bunch of numbers and a name signed at the bottom that I couldn’t read.

“What the heck? Who left their crap in my bag? Su-Su-“ I squinted in the dark, “Suho? Who’s that?”

Suho. Suho. My dead brain cells worked as hard as they could to paint the picture- the incredibly hot picture of the angel boy from earlier.

“He gave me his number?” My mouth flew open in shock, “He gave me his number! Are you kidding me? Oh my gosh, yes!”

“Mmm…”

I froze. I turned my head robotically to the adorable boy who was rubbing his eyes sleepily. Sirens blew loudly in my head telling me to grab my stuff and get the heck out of the room, so I intelligently made a mad dash for the bed, rolling underneath it in my awesome ninja-like way.

“Kimi?”

I looked up to see his face, poking out and staring at me weirdly from underneath the bed. Well, that was a total fail. I got found out in two seconds flat. Fail.

“Um…yes?”

“What are you doing?”

I need an excuse- quick.

“Hide and seek” I blurted out quickly, swallowing a bit afterwards because my nerves were driving me insane. He blinked cutely with those huge eyes of his and tilted his head to the side.

“You must really like that game.”

“I do. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back to my game.”

Of course, he couldn’t take a hint as usual. Or maybe he was less dense than I originally thought and actually caught on that I was a compulsory liar that was BS-ing everything going on right now.

“Who are you playing with?” He questioned either suspiciously or out of pure curiosity. I wasn’t the best at reading people and I was too busy on formulating a proper lie, so I didn’t know. But since my lie was taking a long time to create itself, I just blurted random stuff out instead. It seemed plausible at the time.

“The aliens.”

“The aliens?” Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed. “Kimi, you’re weirder than I originally thought.”

“I get that a lot.” I responded casually, shrugging my shoulders, but bumping them against the wall in the process since the space between the floor and the bed was minimal. I winced a bit and pouted. Damn wall.

“Now what are you really doing?” He chuckled a bit me, and I almost wanted to strangle myself for even thinking for a second that it was cute or that his deep voice was immensely y.

I sighed, and crawled out from underneath the bed. Situating myself on the floor, I tucked my knees close and propped my chin atop them.

“I got a bit homesick and wanted to call my brother.” I murmured, in attempt to play innocent.

“Your brother’s name is Suho? But I thought it was Shou. That’s what my parents told me.” Chanyeol interrogated. I raised an eyebrow at the knowledge that his parents practically told him all they knew about me. Curteousy of my own parents probably.

“What else did they tell you?”

“That you were sweet, obedient, smart, shy, and quiet.” He paused, looking slightly amused. “I think they left out a lot, and got some parts wrong.”

“Like?”

“Sweet, obedient, shy, and quiet.”

“Why thank you too, sir. I greatly appreciate the compliment.” I rolled my eyes at him, although I really didn’t feel insulted because I honestly didn’t care about what he thought. He laughed a bit, in a really adorable over-reacting kind of way.

“So if Shou-shi is your brother, then who is Suho?”

“Some guy.” Suddenly, the mood dropped a tone. He stopped smiling that weird huge grin, and pouted a bit instead.

“You do know that you’re officially engaged now, right?” His gaze bore into my skull, and I had to blink to fight it. I was almost afraid that he’d use some weird magic with that harsh gaze and take over my soul, forever dooming me to an eternity in the fiery depths of hell. Or maybe I was over-thinking things as usual.

“Says you” I scoffed, getting back to searching my bags for Shoutard’s paper so that I could avoid the awkward atmosphere; however, I could feel Chanyeol’s burning gaze on the back of my head the whole time. Not that I blamed him, if my future fiancé was spazzing over some chick, I’d be pissed to. Well, if I actually wanted to get married.

Finally (even though it felt like it took centuries) I found Shoutard’s paper in my bag, and silently prayed as I held it close. He said to use this if I needed him, and there was no one I needed more right now than my old partner in mischievous acts- Shoutard.

I in a breath of air, and silently opened the paper up to reveal a phone number written out on it. Thank god. I missed his voice like tons by now.

“Hey, Chanyeol. Can I use your phone?”

“Sure” He replied, nonchalantly, tossing me the phone. I took it and quickly punched in the number, promptly pressing the phone to my ear. It beeped a few times.

“Hello? This is Ishikawa Shou’s phone.”

The voice on the other end was familiar, but it wasn’t Shoutard.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I haven't updated in centuries...then again, who said summers were all fun and games. I'd like them to be like that, but unfortunately my summer has been obliterated to pieces by my stupid teachers and their summer homework. So I literally have no summer. And my addiction to RP-ing and volunteer work hours aren't helping either. Sorry for making my readers wait OTL I'll try harder next time.