The Hot Angel Boy

From the Heart of a Potential Bridezilla

Unfortunately, the day of my departure came a little too quickly. I guess a sleepless night isn’t slow enough to keep me from my doom. Worse yet, without one wink of sleep, I became a lazy sleep deprived slob who couldn’t think properly and cared minimally towards the fact that today I’d be leaving home for hell. Frightening as it was, I kind of accepted it.

Standing in my sun-dress, straw hat, and strapped sandals, dressed as though this were some type of typical drama scene at the airport, with a blank expression spread across my face, my mother pulled me into an awkward hug, leaving a good amount of space between us. The hug lasted barely a second as she pulled away having an imaginary coughing fit. Oh dear, I think my mother is about to die from loving me too much. Or maybe from excitement that she’ll finally be able to get rid of her mentally retarded daughter. Whichever it is doesn’t matter to me. Please do cough to death mother, maybe the funeral will get this all delayed.

To my dismay, there was no funeral, she stepped away, and my father went to send me off next. He looked at me, I looked at him, and he nodded.

“Do not disappoint me, and ruin our family name, Ishikawa Kimi.” Mr. Stone-face spoke in a low voice. I managed a fakely sweet smile, bowed, and nodded in reply. Oh dear father, I feel so touched that you love me this much. What a heartfelt goodbye. At this point, I’d rather leave now then be here for another second. I think I’m going to throw up from all the love circulating. However, before I could turn to leave, the only one in my family who actually cared grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a tight hug.

“I’m going to miss you, kiddo.” Shou whispered in a shaky voice, on the point of breaking into tears. I held my breath a stopped for a second, feeling the affection I was missing for such a long time. Then, with much hesitation, I hugged the retard back.

“I’m going to miss you too, stupid Shoutard.” I inhaled a sharp breath, fighting the urge to cry. Stupid tears. I’m not sad, so why are you falling? There’s nothing I hate more than crying. And crying for my idiot brother was something I never imagined doing, but somehow I started silently bawling like a baby.

“Don’t cry, kiddo.” He smiled cordially, breaking the hug to stoop down to my level and wipe my tears, “ It’ll all be alright. Your older brother will make sure of it, okay? So just be happy and come back to see me soon, okay?”

“Y-yeah.” I manage to choke out despite all my crying. He ruffled my hair affectionately before leaning over to my ear.

“Besides,” Shou whispered, “I have a back-up plan. Take this, and if you ever need me then you know what to do.” A thin piece of paper was pushed into my open hands. I clenched my fingers around it, without bothering to inspect the paper.

“Hey, Kimi-chan. There’s your plane. I think it’s time you should go.” I hung my head and nodded, dragging my feet as I went, although my mind was screaming at me to do the opposite- run away and never come up. In my distressed state, stupidity had taken over, and I obediently handed in my ticket and entered the plane.

After wiping my tired eyes dry, I walked in my zombie-fied form to an open seat, and slumped down next to whomever. As long as it wasn’t some annoying old person or a weird creepazoid, I didn’t care.

Well, I didn’t care until that person poked my cheek, forcing me awake when I was trying to make an honest attempt to get some beauty rest. I swear, my eyes turned red and I grew horns in a mere half a second. Well, not exactly. That’s another exaggeration. We’ll just say that I was about to go off on the annoying retard.

“Can you not see that I’m trying to sleep?” I screamed loudly, facing the person in annoyance. I froze as soon as I saw their face. Was this guy even human? No, I think I’m in heaven. It’s an angel. A freakin’ angel. Hot boy alert. Retreat, Kimi. Retreat.

The insanely good look handsome guy chuckled a bit, and smiled his stunning smile. The whole plane lit up and flowers started growing from the ground. Even if that’s not what actually happened, in my imagination it did.

“Hello.” Korean. Thank god, I’m fluent. This is the only good thing happening to me today. Please god, let it never end.

“Hi?” I tripped a bit on my words and mentally cursed myself for that. Angel boy is going to think I’m a bumbling idiot now. Great.

“I’m really sorry about waking you up. I didn’t mean to. It’s just that you were talking in your sleep, and saying-“ The boy paused for a moment, “things that I don’t think you’d want other people to hear.”

Oh gosh. I was talking in sleep? That can’t be good. My sleep is my sacred zone where I mentally murder all the idiots in the world and- Mr. Angel-boy heard it all? Holy crap. This can’t be true. Somebody pinch me. Better yet, slap me a million times.

“Oh.” I sat there like an idiot with my mouth hanging wide open, “Thank you for waking me up-“

“The name is Suho.” He smiled. I silently thanked the lord that he was smiling at me like I was a normal person, not an insane weirdo.

“Thank you, Suho.” I nodded my head.

“And you are?”

“Kimi” I answered, adding in a small smile just to pretend for a second that I was a normal sane person. Otherwise, I would be creeping him out more than I already am, and I’m pretty sure my sleep talking already killed his opinion of me.

“That’s a nice name. Why are you flying out to Seoul, Miss Kimi?” My dorky grin faded almost immediately, as I racked my brain for a good excuse. Apparently, excuses are hard to find when you’re insanely nervous and a cute boy is sitting next to you. And if you’re trying to make a good impression, telling him that you have an arranged marriage to a bastard that you’re planning to murder in their sleep isn’t the greatest idea.

“I’m visiting family.” I lied smoothly, clicking my tongue, “What have you been doing in the states?”

“I was also visiting a friend of mine. It’s a shame I couldn’t see him today before I left. He said he was seeing his family off.”

Luckily for me, our conversation continued on like that and even traveled somewhat. The more I talked to Suho, the more attractive he seemed to me. He was a nice guy- stunningly handsome, smart, and kind. It was too bad I’d never see him again after the plane ride, and being the idiot I was, I couldn’t help it when my eyes drooped closed. I was screaming at myself not to fall asleep and to talk to the amazingly hot guy next to me more, but being sleep deprived does wonders to one’s mentality, and sleep became my number one priority instead of him. In an hour I was already fast asleep, riding on the plane headed for hell.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Double-update. Oh snap! So, I just realized that the past two chaptesr have been a very very long introduction into the life of my main character. Shall we call it a short attempt at developing your opinions of her? I know that it should've been faster, but I really hate skipping around; especially in a situation like this. Most arranged marriage stories go like this:

Parents: You're getting married. Deal with it.

Girl: No, I don't want to. I will never marry that monster

*Next chapter*

*Girl meets boy that she has to marry and then all the shizz starts*

I don't like development that goes that fast because realistically, the girl is probably thinking about more than just not wanting to get married. She's probably thinking of any way out of it. Hence the reason I made Kimi childishly refuse to pack her own bags and such.

In any case, I decided that if I didn't add Exo soon, readers might get bored, so here's a little Suho for you all. Chanyeol will probably come into the next chapter, but I honestly don't know because I don't have anything planned. Being the bad writing I am, I'm kinda just winging this. I any case, I hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for reading :)