Among Dysfunctional Families and More

From the Heart of a Potential Bridezilla

Oh yes. I remember the Park family. I remember them very well- too well, and not just because I distinctly remember my father calling them all bastards on our way home from his business travel visit to their house. Being only 7 years old and having no idea what that meant, “bastard” soon became my word of the day, so I started saying it to everyone. That’s probably why my mother cries every night for having a messed up child. Apparently, it isn’t normal for a 7 year old to call their teacher a bastard, yet it’s perfectly fine as soon as you turn 11.

While my father and brother- since he’s the first born son, and naturally the one to inherit our family’s business- went off to discuss business matters with Mr. Stone-face-part-2, I was left with Mrs. Park. Heaven knows why someone thought it was a fine and dandy idea to leave me with Mrs. Hi-I’m-pushy-and-way-too-go-lucky-happy-for-my-own-good.

In short, it was the most miserable time of my life, and became twenty times worse when Mr. Stone-face, my brother, Shoutard, Mr. Stone-face-part-2, and some kid who I assumed to be Mr. Stone-face-part-2’s son finished up their little chit-chat and came back out. Being similar age idiotically meant that I should become friends with Mr. Park’s son, so we were forced to awkwardly talk. And by talking, I mean sitting across from each other awkwardly and complaining about how I wanted to go home and play with my fluffy little stuffed rabbit, Mochi. And then that snot-nosed brat decided that it would be oh-so-very much fun to spit out his gum in my freakin’ hair. My long beautiful straight black hair that I loved and cherished so much, all gone. I had to cut all my hair so short just for his stupid piece of gum.

Any normal little girl would’ve bawled and cried a sea until her daddy came to pick her up, spin her around, and say “It’s okay, little one! Now let us go prance in a field of flowers like the happy family we are!” Well, that’s not exactly what happened. Actually, that’s the farthest we could possibly get to what happened because my father has no emotions and my brother, Shoutard, was too busy laughing his off at me to care. So, I did the second most normal thing in the world. I punched the kid in the face.

What I didn’t expect was that he’d start sniffling and tearing up like a wuss. When I saw the kid’s reaction, I started laughing hysterically, so he called me a “meanie” and kicked me in the shin- hard. Who knew a little wuss could kick that hard? Obviously not me.

And the best part of it all was that Mrs. Park thought it was cute, and thought we were getting along. What is wrong with that woman’s mind?

As any normal intelligent homosapien can see, it was not a very enjoyable time, which leads me back to why I’ve been spending time sitting and formulating ways to get out of my parent’s decision. Perhaps “spending” isn’t the best word choice. It was more like “wasting” since I knew very well that I wasn’t actually going to go through with any of it since I was well aware that when it came to my parents, there was nothing I could do.

“Hey, Kimi-chan.” Snapping out of my thoughts, I silently turned my head to the door where the source of the creeper voice entered. It was my idiot brother, clad in a perfectly ironed navy blue business suit with gold cuff buttons. It didn’t take much to figure that he had come back from his business travels to see his little sister before she got shipped off to wherever.

“Shoutard, you look snazzy.” I greeted, squeezing my lips tightly together into a firm line to keep from smirking at his flustered figure. He flushed instantly, as if on cue, and I couldn’t help but cackle a little to his dismay.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?! It’s either just Shou or onii-san. What did I ever do to deserve such a disrespectful little sister?”

“Yeah yeah. I love you too, Shoutard.” I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue at him as he sighed loudly, massaging his temples.

“Whatever, kiddo. So are you ready for the married life?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

What do you think, mister? Are you ever ready to get a legal agreement that forever binds you to the child from hell? Oh wait. That’s me. for the guy I’m getting married to.

“What do you think?” I spat quite sarcastically. Shoutard glanced at me, taking note of my unamused expression.

“I think I feel really sorry for the poor guy you’ll end up marrying. Or shall we say murdering?” My brother snickered a bit to himself. I really don’t understand how he thinks he’s funny in any way. Although murdering him wouldn’t be a bad plan. It’d get me out of marrying him at the very least.

“Fair enough.”

I waited a few seconds in irritation as his laughter subsided. Thoughts of kicking him in the family jewels came, but I decided that mentally feeding his head to mountain lions would get me in less trouble even if it did judge my sanity. Not that I ever had any.

“Do you have your bags packed yet, kiddo? “ The idiot finally asked after a few centuries. I watched in amusement as he glanced around my room, confused. The room was full with all my stuff perfectly in place as if it’d never been touched- because it hadn’t been touched all week. I grinned widely in all my satisfaction and glory.

“Nope.”

“How many do you have packed?” He asked with widened eyes that were already trying to communicate to me that I was in deep doggy-doo if I was actually planning on acting like this.

“None of them.”

“N-None?” Loudly breathing filled the room. Maybe he was hyperventilating. Who knows? If he was, it’d be so funny that I might just have to record it.

“Ishikawa Kimi! Do you know what will happen if our father finds out? He will skin you alive! Oh gosh. You are just-“ Instead of finishing that sentence, he grunted in irritation. Lucky him. If he actually called me something I didn’t approve of then it wouldn’t be me being skinned alive.

Knowing that I would strongly object to packing my bags and accepting my fate, he rushed to force everything into many suitcases while I just watched like a stone- unmoving since my mind was only on the fact that I was screwed and my fate was sealed. By the next day I would be shipped to Seoul, South Korea, and there was no way out of it.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: So I decided on a double-update because I just thought: Hey, I'd rather have a double-update then a huge chapter. I'm going to update the next chapter that I have written up shortly. I know if it were me, I'd be spazz over two updates in one day, except for the fact that this isn't all that good anyway. Oh how I love putting down my work. As for the comments...

chickenonew - Thank you :D The narrating is really fun for me because I get to let my mean sarcastic side run wild. I've never been too good at first person, but I decided that it might be fun to try, so that's what I'm doing. Shall we call this an experiment? I'm glad you like it so far. It'll be fun to spice things up a bit.

HystericallyCursed - Yep. It's a new story because we all know how I am with finishing my older ones OTL I am so sorry. But I'm glad you like Kimi :) She's a lot like someone I know, so I guess I modeled her after a real person for once. I hope you enjoy reading :)