four.

Having You

"Lee Soo Man has a plan for all five of you, including three other female singers. A collaboration of some sort, I haven't received details yet, but it's a plan set in action. What do you think?" Our manager looks up from the papers, observing our questioning stares.

"Three female singers?" Yunho hyung interrupts. "Is it necessary?" His tone was kind of bitter.

"That's what it says. Don't take it too personal, Yunho yah, they're your fellow singers, not anti-fans."

After that incident with Yunho hyung getting poisoned by an anti-fan, he never had the same look with girls. Though he can cope with having that smile to our beloved fans, he's still self conscious. Besides his sister and BoA, he probably can't treat any other girl without acting arrogant.

"Who are they?" Jaejoong hyung asks, almost bored with the idea.

"BoA, SNSD's leader, Kim Taeyeon and...Jang RiIn."

I jerked my head upwards and looked at our manager. I could feel Yoochun and Jaejoong's gazes burning the side of my head. 

"Wha--"

"Wah! BoA noona and Rinnie? Oh my god, if I could get food from them each, think how much more will be if they were together!" Changmin interrupts my almost sudden outburst. His smile faded when he turned towards me, "You can have Taeyeon hyung, don't worry, I only have interest in people who gives me more food than just a piece of candy."

I growled, "Hey, she was out okay; you were just being selfish by suddenly asking food from her when obviously she hasn't prepared anything for that bottomless pit of a stomach of yours."

"Anyway," Manager hyung coughs. "There is a further meeting later at noon, along with the others. I'll have you all picked up before then. Get ready."

"Sheesh hyung, I was just saying. Someone's short-tempered today."

"Shut up."

 

 

 

"That's great, Tae! You're part of a collaboration! And what's even better, with Dong Bang Shin Ki!" Tiffany squealed.

"Yeah. I-It's great," I smiled weakly.

"What's with the face? Shouldn't you be happy? You get to bond with your boyfriend!" Sunny pokes my sides, teasing me. "Ah! You're so lucky! Dating one of the gods!"

"Of course I'm happy...it's been a month since we talked properly. It's great really."

"Then why do you sound so...worried?" Tiffany places a hand over my forehead, as if I had a fever.

I removed her hand and gave a small smile, "Besides me and BoA sunbae, RiIn will also be there."

"What?"

"I know they're not together anymore, but I'm just worried. They really liked each other and--"

"Tae, shut up. That's the past. You're with him, and he's got you. The present is what matters. Quit over-thinking it. I mean come on, it's RiIn. Sooner or later he was going to break up with her...she's a foreigner after all."

"Tiff, you're saying too much."

"Just saying!" She pouts. "Seriously, Taengoo."

I sighed and gave in, "Okay. You're right. It's the present that matters."

"Taeyeon fighting!" Sunny cheered. "He'll only have eyes for you. We promise."

I hoped so too...

 

 

 

 

For some reason, the atmosphere in the meeting felt so awkward and uncomfortable. No one spoke a word, the tapping of feet and fingers on the table were the only things that could be heard. We could even each other's breathing.

The door entrance suddenly burst open, revealing two people that were both panting from running.

"Traffic...So long...out there."

"Ah yes, it's because it's lunch time. RiIn, are you alright?" Mr. Lee asked as he saw her trying to stay balanced while holding onto the door frame.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. Sorry...for being late," she panted. Once she regained her posture, she immediately froze. “Ah, everyone’s here already,” she nudged her manager, who also regained his posture.

“Yes. Please take a seat,” Mr. Lee chuckled, amused by her expression. I felt the corner of lips rising as well.

 

 

 

 

All of us left the meeting room silently after it was finished. The project wasn’t all that bad, it seemed that Mr. Lee’s collaboration mini album between all eight of us was going to be successful.

But that was not the main point.

The fact that we were divided into pairs somewhat made the atmosphere between Junsu, Taeyeon, RiIn and me feel so tensed. As if a war was going to break out soon.

Yunho and Changmin were together, Yoochun and BoA—which I immediately tried to protest…mentally—Taeyeon and I…Junsu and RiIn.

Mr. Lee had reasoned that Junsu and RiIn was known for their powerful duet, therefore he would like to keep the pair together. I had frozen in my seat when he announced it, and I’m pretty sure Taeyeon was not okay with it either. I know for a fact that Junsu was shocked, and I also know that RiIn doesn't want to take part of this project anymore, judging from her facial expression earlier.

The broken-up couple is to work together again? Out of the four us, I could say only three didn't like the idea.

I felt a slight tug on my shirt behind me. I turned to see RiIn looking on the floor with a worried look on her face.

“Oppa…”

I took her hands and held it in mine tightly, “It’ll be alright. I promise.”

“I…I don’t want to, Jae. I know I’m fine now but I’m still scared.”

I felt her hands shake in mine , and pulled her into a bear hug, “You don’t have to be scared. It’ll be okay, Rinnie. I’ll make sure you won’t get hurt again. Cheer up.”

She clenched and then unclenched my shirt from behind as she hugged me back. I heard her laugh bitterly, “This is stupid. I’m being stupid. There’s nothing to worry about. I’m done with the past. I shouldn’t feel this way.”

I smiled reassuringly and pulled back, “That’s my girl. That’s the strong and brave RiIn I know.”

She laughed, “Thanks. I should just treat it as a challenge, a challenge I will surpass.”

“See? Think positive. Good, now buy me some dinner,” I nudged.

“Again? I bought you dinner last time!”

“But Yunho took all my money and he hasn’t paid me back yet!” I pouted, making our way to the company’s exit.

“Oh whatever. You’re so ungentlemanly! Having a girl pay for food, aish.”

 

Junsu observed the two laughing figures as they exited the building. He had been watching them from afar once he saw RiIn looking worried when they left the meeting and had approached his hyung. He leaned back against the wall he was standing from as many thoughts ran in his mind.

What did he witness just now?

When were those two so close to each other?

 

Why...do I have this kind of feeling?

_______________________

I'm hoping that none of you readers are
confused about who the POVs belong to.
I don't want to put labels, it'll mess up the format, lol

So just for this chapter though, the first POV is Junsu's,
then Taeyeon's, then back to Junsu, then Jaejoong's,
and 
the last paragraph is a third person :)