Chapter 6

What Do I Do?

 

“Come on, Ji Hye!” Hae Rin called out to her best friend. “We’re going to be late!”

The two friends were running towards the building that was just a few blocks away. Block B was going to perform soon, and Hae Rin had to be there to support them. She was there when they debuted, but most of the times, she couldn’t be there for their performances because of work.

They finally reached the building. Ji Hye could have sworn she had never run as hard in her life before.

“You’re really such a drama queen,” Hae Rin rolled her eyes. “Who asked you to wear heels?”

“How am I supposed to know that we were going to run for our lives?” her best friend retorted.

The bickering continued till they reached Block B’s waiting room. The boys were running here and there in the room, with the stylist noonas rushing them for hair and make-up.

“I thought you weren’t gonna make it,” P.O greeted them when they came in the room.

“Someone here almost made us late,” Hae Rin glared at her best friend.

“Probably late because of her heels, right?” Jaehyo teased, earning a smack on his head from Ji Hye.

“You’ll watch our performance, right?” P.O asked Hae Rin.

“No, I won’t,” she replied. The seven boys looked confused at her reply. “I ran here because I just wanted to have some coffee in this building.”

P.O chuckled. Hae Rin, she’ll never lose her sarcasm.

“Well, make sure you watch it,” he reminded her. “We’ve got to go now. I’ll see you later?”

“No, you won’t,” Hae Rin joked again, before giving him a thumbs up. “Good luck!”

 

 

Because things were very chaotic outside the waiting room, Hae Rin and Ji Hye decided to remain in the room and monitor the boys’ performance from there. When Block B was finally done with their stage, Hae Rin left the room to look for them alone. Her best friend wanted to stay behind because her feet hurt from all the running.

She spotted the seven boys in a room nearby, along with another four boys. They were just done filming since the production crew were all packing and leaving the room. Hae Rin had intended to surprise them with a ‘congratulations’ but she was surprised to see their tear-stricken faces. She stood awkwardly by the door, not knowing what to do.

“Hae Rin?” a deep voice broke the silence in the room. She looked up at P.O, to see him staring at someone else in the room. That’s when she realized the deep voice didn’t belong to him. She followed his gaze to where the voice was from. Her stomach twisted. Her mind was blank. She couldn’t see anything or anyone else. All she could see was him.

“Mi- Minho?” her voice came out as a whimper.

“You… What are you doing here?” Mino asked. He was equally as surprised as her.

“I- I’m-“ Hae Rin stuttered.

She felt a lump in . She couldn’t answer him. She didn’t know what to say. Five years, she had five years to prepare what to say to him if they ever met each other again. Fate had brought them together today. But her mind was blank. She suddenly felt overwhelmed. She was confused at her feelings. She didn’t know what she was supposed to feel. Hatred? Resentment? Happiness? Her vision became blurred. She felt tears b in her eyes. What was this feeling? She wasn’t going to cry now, right? Before the tears could fall though, she felt a protective arm around her waist.

“She’s with us,” another deep voice interrupted her thoughts. Hae Rin didn’t have to look up to know that it was P.O.

Feeling the tension in the room rising to another level, Zico broke the conversation up.

“We have to get going,” he said. “It was good seeing you again, Mino. I hope we’ll meet again with smiles on our faces next time.”

“Let’s meet again,” P.O gave Mino a tight squeeze on the shoulder and smiled at him. Mino gave a quivering smile in return. He still had his eyes on the girl beside his friend.

Definitely not missing the look on his friend’s face, he looked at the girl beside him. His arms were around her waist and he definitely did not miss feeling her shudder either. He wanted to ask right on the spot what the heck was going on. He was dying to know. But feeling the girl he cared about trembling, he decided to put her feelings before his right now. Something was definitely wrong for a strong-headed girl like Hae Rin to be so vulnerable.

Hae Rin didn’t know what happened later on. The only thing that was on her mind right now was Mino’s tear-streaked face. She felt her stomach churned at how her name easily rolled out of his mouth. How easy it was for him. She couldn’t even mutter his name without sounding like she was broken. She should be mad at him. At the boy who had taken her heart and trampled on it like it was worth nothing. But she couldn’t. How could she be mad at him when she had seen him cry just moments ago? How could she when they had grown up together? How could she when he was her first love? In fact, she was mad at herself. For wavering. For crumbling at the sound of his voice.

“Hae Rin?” Ji Hye’s gentle voice shook her awake. Hae Rin blinked at her friend, who had her eyebrows knitted together and concern all over her face. They were back at her small apartment now. The Block B boys had told Ji Hye what had happened. P.O had even asked her about it, but being Ji Hye the filial best friend, she just brought Hae Rin home leaving the boys confused.

“I’m pathetic, aren’t I?”

Ji Hye felt like her heart was being stabbed over and over at her friend’s voice. Broken. Five years and still broken. She watched as her best friend broke the gaze, tears finally falling down her cheeks. This was unexpected. Ji Hye had bumped into Mino outside the waiting room earlier on too, just after seeing a dazed looking Hae Rin walking back to the room with P.O supporting her. Mino had recognized her too. Just seeing him there was enough for Ji Hye to understand what was going on. She would have landed her fist on the heartbreaker if Hae Rin hadn’t called for her.

Pulling the now sobbing Hae Rin into a tight embrace, Ji Hye felt her own eyes b with tears. She was there when Mino had left her best friend. When Mino had pushed away her best friend that was fighting to save their relationship. Like a cold-hearted bastard, he had left her all alone to pick up the broken pieces. He didn’t even look back to see her cut up bleeding hands from trying to piece her broken heart back together.

“What do I do, Ji Hye?” Hae Rin cried. “It still hurts.”

Ji Hye didn’t have an answer to that. No one did. Not even Hae Rin.

 


Derpirates are back!!

NILLILI MAMBO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yErTnEhanw0&feature=youtu.be

And U-Kwon's smirk at the end of the TS. BBCs all over the world fainted, I bet.
I was disappointed that I couldn't really see B-Bomb in the TS. I had to replay a few times just to spot him (not that I'm complaining though, I would have replayed the TS over and over again anyway).

Don't ask why I tried so hard to spot him. That bias wrecker is no longer a bias wrecker in my list. Cause he's officially my bias right now.
/What the hell did he do to me, I don't even know/

The moment we have all been waiting for would be here in just a few hours!
Haters in the building... Sorry, BBCs are gonna be too busy spazzing to give y'all haters our two cents.

CHEERS TO BLOCKTOBER!

(Image from tumblr!)