Caramel Frappuccino

What Do I Do?

“Hi, can I get your order please?”

“I’ll have one iced coffee and a caramel frappuccino with whip cream for this beautiful lady here,” answered the boy standing beside me.

“You sure know me well, hugeboy,” I smiled, looking up into his dark brown eyes.

“I know you like the back of my hands, babygirl,” the black haired boy replied, leaning closer next to me. “We have even slept together.”

“We were five,” I rolled my eyes. “It was a sleepover.”

“Well, wanna have another sleepover then? I don’t mind goin- oww!” he shouted, rubbing the back of his head. “What was that for?!”

“For being a cheeky brat,” I said, walking away with my caramel frappuccino in my hands.

I could hear him following me from behind as I head over to our usual spot by the window. That was also our favourite spot. Simply because the view outside gives us that serene feeling.

“I know you love that about me most,” he snickered, taking a seat opposite me. “Apart from my extremely good looks, of course.”

“You’re the most conceited guy I’ve ever met,” I rolled my eyes again.

“Woah,” he said, acting shocked. “You actually know another guy other than me?”

“Jeez, can’t you go at least a day without annoying me?” I replied, feeling irritated.

“No, I can’t.”

I glared at the boy wearing his favourite New Era snapback hat, trying to think of a good comeback.

“’Cause my day won’t be complete if I don’t,” he continued, with a serious face. “I can’t go a day without talking to you.”

I felt an unfamiliar feeling in my tummy when he said that. He was looking deeply into my eyes, not saying a word. Only our deep breathing could be heard.

“I love you, Park Hae Rin,” he broke the silence, still maintaining the eye contact. “I, Song Minho, am madly in love with you.”

* * *

“Excuse me, your order please?”

I looked up at the girl behind the counter. She looked annoyed and was staring at me like I did something wrong. I was wondering what her problem was when I heard a deep voice from behind me spoke.

“One Caramel Frappuccino please,” I heard him say. “With whip cream.”

That literally froze me in the spot I was standing. That voice. That deep voice. It was all too familiar. It can’t be him. Hesitating, I turned to face the owner of the voice.

“Oh sorry, I thought that you weren’t ready to order,” said the boy, when he saw me looking at him. “Since you know, you didn’t answer her.”

He was nodding his head towards the girl at the counter. And that was when I realized that she probably looked annoyed because she had been waiting for my order. I felt my face flushed a little when the girl gave me the ‘yeah, what he said’ face.

“I was just uh, sorry,” I said, looking at the girl and then to the boy behind me. “Daydreaming again, silly me.”

“Fair enough reason,” he chuckled, leaning towards me. “Don’t worry; you’re not the only one who’s always daydreaming. I do too.”

“So, what are you having?” he continued, still looking at me.

“I’ll have the same,” I said to the girl.

“We’ve just met and you’re already copying me?” the boy with the deep voice asked, smiling.

“What?” I laughed, amused. “Just so you know, that happens to be my favourite drink.”

-

I found myself sitting at the exact same spot by the window. Our spot. He would always be sitting opposite me. Five years has passed. It’s still the same. I’m still here, in the same spot. Only difference is, the boy sitting opposite me isn’t him. But somehow, this stranger reminds me of him. They look different physically, but the way he talks was the same. This stranger, his hair was dyed brown and was messily spiked. Chubby cheeks. Pouty lips. And his voice – that deep voice.

“And you’re daydreaming again,” the brown haired boy laughed.

Flustered that I was caught, I looked down at my hands.

“Caramel Frappuccino type of girl, huh?” he asked, attempting to break the silence. “Good taste.”

“Yeah, all time favourite,” I smiled at his attempt.

“Me too,” he agreed. “I mean, who could ever say no to Caramel Frappuccino? And whip cream!”

* * *

“Seriously?” the boy who took the seat opposite me asked. “You ordered Caramel Frappuccino for me? With whip cream?”

“Well you were the one who told me to order anything,” I replied. “Who asked you to be late anyway?”

“I did, but you know I always drink iced coffee!” he exclaimed. “Don’t you ever get tired of caramel anyway? I mean, seriously, you’re obsessed. Caramel frappe, caramel ice cream, caramel popcorn, caramel biscuits. That’s all you ever think of!”

“Oh come on, who could ever say no to caramel? And besides, we’re talking about Caramel Frappuccino here! And whip cream!”

* * *

I blinked. This was all too familiar. It feels like déjà vu. This boy, no, this stranger. It’s just too weird, sitting with someone that you just met and talking like we’ve been friends forever. What is this? Is it just coincidence? It has to be.

“So… Miss Caramel,” the stranger said. “We’ve been here for almost an hour now, talking. But as far as I remember, I didn’t quite catch your name.”

“That’s because I didn’t mention it,” I pointed out. “But you can just call me Rin.”

“What, no full name? We’re caramel buds now, aren’t we?” he pouted.

“Don’t push your luck here, caramel bud,” I laughed. “I still don’t know you well enough.”

“Valid enough reason,” he replied, smirking. “Well then, since you’re gonna play that I-don’t-know-you-well-enough-to-let-you-know-my-full-name game, I’ll do the same.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“P.O.,” he continued. “You can just call me P.O.”


A/N: Our maknae made his appearance!
And I just had to, I'm a Caramel Frappuccino type of girl.