Song Minho

What Do I Do?

I watched as a familiar figure entered the school hall. She was dressed in a simple white t-shirt and jeans, accentuating her Tiffany Nike SB Dunks. Her wavy brown hair falling perfectly on her shoulders. And she was wearing that million dollar smile of hers.

Beautiful, as always.

Admiring from afar, I smiled at her every move. The way her lips would curl up to the right, giving off a playful smirk. The way the dimple on her right cheek could be seen as a result. How her eyes would hover up slightly whenever she’s thinking, and how they would twinkle when she talks. How her head would always lean back a little whenever she laughs.

Her laughter. That hearty laughter.

I felt a familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach. That same feeling I would always get whenever she laughs.

Butterflies.

I closed my eyes as I tried to push back all of the thoughts that came gushing back all of a sudden. This was supposed to be a good day. I was here at our school reunion to have a great time with some of my old best friends that I haven’t seen in years. I came to this event knowing very well that she would be here as well. I was prepared for this. Five years, those feelings should be gone by now.

So why am I still feeling this way?

My eyes fluttered open and immediately searched for her. There she was, standing by the punch bowl, talking to her friends. She didn’t even glance at me. Has she moved on? Was she even devastated like I was when we broke up?

Wait, of course not. Her friends would always say that she was okay whenever I asked them how she was doing. She’s doing fine. Even better than when we were together. I kept telling myself that I should be happy that she was doing well.

But it still kills me inside.

She was doing fine and I’m still here, asking myself if there will ever be another chance for us again.

To meet you again, to confess my love to you again.
To start over again, to be in love again.
To erase it again, to break up again.
I don't care if more painful days will repeat themselves.

I’m still in love with you, Park Hae Rin. What do I do?