Dance2Night

Still Unglamorous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One night, one dance floor. Follow the beats, let the rhythm take over your soul. No thinking, just feeling.

 

For Wooyoung, there was some odd satisfaction of coming in late during rehearsals- or at least, particular rehearsals in their studio. On any other occasion he would be prompt, it was only expected after all, and it was only right, but ever since that one incident when he came in late for very much valid reasons, it had never been the same since. Today, too, he dallied.

 

With arms crossed on his chest, he squinted reading off the re-worked Japanese lyrics to one of their older songs. While it was always an experience learning a new language, the words felt foreign to his tongue, and he struggled to sing out the words together with the sentiment. He picked up the piece of paper again and read off the lyrics slowly.

 

Next to him, Renn was impatient. The other members had come and gone at varying times in her studio, but it was Wooyoung, by far, who made it most difficult. She pretended she didn't know why he was still here, oftentimes he would just sit around and watch while waiting for time to pass by. Now was different, though. He was actually bothering her, and she had so little patience these days.

 

Yet a part of her told her to steel it out. After all, she benefitted from this arrangement just as much as Wooyoung did. It was a selfish motive, but Wooyoung was equally just as so. Neither one of them had regrets.

 

“How much longer?” she asked, pulling out a pencil from the penholder on her cluttered desk.

 

Wooyoung watched for a moment as the composer pushed various items aside with her elbow before laying down a clean sheet of blank paper on the cleared space she made. “Practice hasn't even started yet,” he replied.

 

“You get in trouble, I'll probably get in trouble, too.”

 

“You like it,” he chuckled dryly, “I mean, not the trouble, the aftereffects of it.” He was at least grateful that so far, no one has looked too deeply into the little scheme that they had.

 

“We sound like a bunch of masochists when you say it like that.” Her pen moves around the page, but it's nothing more but a bunch of doodles, and not lyrics like Wooyoung had expected.

 

“You make it sound stupid when you say it like that.”

 

Renn shrugged, “I don't know, it might work at some level, but not without consequences, you know?”

 

“Since when do you care about consequences?” he snorted.

 

“I care!” she said, derisively. “I need to live with the person, you know. Don't you have that kind of strain at your dorm?”

 

Wooyoung shook his head, “I'm not sure. It's different with us, I guess.” Renn nodded pensively and said no more. Wooyoung waved the lyrics sheet in his hand, “Help me with this.”

 

 

 

Minutes later, enough to call him in as almost significantly late, Wooyoung enters the practice studio. He was careful to not come in too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter