Even If You've Left Me

Still Unglamorous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                   

 

 

Jay Park stared longingly at the photo of June in the magazine. She was as lovely as ever and he forced a smile. She was happy, and it was exactly because of that that Jay knew he could smile in return. Even if he've left her. He was content with just watching her from afar, knowing Khun would take good care of her.

 

Jay thinks maybe it's because he knew June had Khun. That even when he had left her, June would smile again. Yes, Jay thinks all this. He thinks about her often, too. Even when he knows he should forget about her. It was him after all who told her to leave, it was him after all who said goodbye first. It was him, Jay Park who broke her heart, and on her birthday no less. It wasn't as if he didn't love her then, because he loved her still. Well, anyway, he would always have loved her.

 

Right now Jay looks at another article they had on June, only this time it was independent of Khun and 2PM. It was solely about her and her reaching for her stars. He remembers telling her once that if she needed to wish on stars, airplanes could substitute. Looking back, he knew it was silly. Looking back, June's analytical mind would have scoffed at him, but looking back, she didn't. Instead, they both wished on airplanes for more time together. Both wishing things cold be different and they could stay together.

 

But all the same Jay knows its his fault. After all, wasn't it him who made the decision to leave JYPE in the first place? In a warped way, in Jay's mind, he was thankful for that scandal, it made it easier, in great extents easier, for him to leave. Not that he loved his brothers any less, but in his heart Jay knew even then that the life of an idol was not the life he wanted. As a professional, it wasn't how he envisioned his career. So with great respect and gratitude, he left JYP and created a career for himself with the help of so many people he saw on the side. He hadn't meant to, but it had happened that way.

 

It was his decision after all.

 

Jay regrets making that decision. If only because June was no longer by his side. He regrets making that decision because he loved her still. He loved her, and his heart swelled and ached. His heart was hurting. A fool was what he was, and Jay knows this. Looking at her photo, she was so beautiful.

 

Jay looks up towards the night sky, there were hardly any stars visible in the city, but an airplane zooms by and Jay closes his eyes. He knows he can't wish for her to come back to him, so he wishes for something else.

 

Jay wishes that even though he's left her, he wants her to be happy. Jay wishes that even though she's in the arms of another, he would still be allowed to watch her, even from afar. That is all Jay wishes for, for her to remember that once in her life Jay Park had been part of it. That's all Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter