I'll Be Back

Still Unglamorous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was no way Nichkhun was letting her go, they belonged with each other and Nichkhun knew that this was only temporary. No one else could love June the way he did, and he was determined to have her realize that.

 

Nichkhun stared dumbfounded at the practice room walls as they took a break from rehearsals. Was it cruel irony that had brought this forth? Was there some message the higher beings out there were trying to tell him? It wasn't a new song, and it wasn't his first time hearing it, but the added sentimental touch his current situation had on him had sent the new comeback single to dizzying heights.

 

You'll be back.

You're going to come back to me,

that's why I'm letting you go.

I know that you can't live without me.

I'll be back.

 

He shook his head dispelling the soft bittersweet laughter that had choked his throat. When they had first heard the song it had immediately been set aside in favor of Again and Again. The decision to release it this season was almost like a shift in destiny, a bend in the natural progression of things just to send Nichkhun a message. The track was on repeat, echoing across the room, bouncing off the wooden floors and mirrors creating a hollow resonating symphony of longing and desperation. He knew it was supposed to mean something, it was rather obvious in the sense of the lyrics.

 

Nichkhun was not amused.

 

Although hearing the song beforehand did have its advantages. When June had told him she was leaving, he had immediately come up with an answer that closed the case, instantly handing him the victory. June may have been leaving the country, but she wasn't leaving him. Nichkhun wasn't going to let her.

 

I'll Be Back. That was their comeback single, it was Again and Again 2.0 in every aspect of the song, the only difference was that there was no Jay. It wasn't such a bad thing though. In Nichkhun's mind, it was almost better off this way. He wasn't about to deny that the only reason he was happy for Jay's departure was because it had handed June to him. As a member of the group, as a friend and brother, he missed Jay, they were friends too after all, but as a man, Nichkhun wanted Jay out of the picture. At least while June was still conflicted with the way she felt about, well, about everything. Nichkhun could wait, he was a very patient man after all, but his patience could only run for so long.

 

Nichkhun sighed as he heard Namyong call for practice. He was tired- drained physically, mentally, and emotionally. He wanted to see June, listen to her rant about her science and whatever else it was she was over-thinking about at that moment. He wanted to take care of her, show her how beautiful she was, how much loved she was. He wanted to have her in his arms and have her return the gesture as well.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?”

 

Nichkhun turned to the younger male who appeared next to him. Wooyoung laid a hand on his shoulder, his eyes filled with concern, “Hyung, hang in there a little bit more okay?”

 

Nichkhun nodded at him and smiled, a genuine one. “I'm okay, just a little tired.”

 

“You have filming with her later today too, don't you?”

 

Victoria. Nichkhun viciously shoved the thought of her away from his mind. He didn't want to think about her today- he didn't want to think about her at all. Not that he disliked her, Victoria was very nice, sweet, caring, thoughtful, she had a tendency to act too cute than what was appropriate, but he could overlook that little detail. Victoria was the kind of woman any man would love to have for his own, and Nichkhun was sure that had he met her first, he was sure to feel for her, at least before he was to realize just how much of her he could tolerate at a time.

 

He dragged his feet to his spot in the the I'll Be Back formation, he was up front this time, and he couldn't afford to make a mistake or lack in energy as they performed. He cared about 2PM, about his career, but he had the right to feel tired too, didn't he? The music played and right on cue they all fell into their proper positions, Nichkhun moved mechanically, following through the motions of the choreography like a wooden soldier. A puppet on a string. He pushed his feet back, bouncing as his hands followed along. The shuffle step, it took him a while to master it, but now he was doing it without even putting a hundred percent of his attention to it.

 

Why are you suddenly being like this? What do you want me to do?

 

He knew that while June had feelings for him- did she really? He pushed the traitorous voice further back into his head, he didn't need doubt right now. What he needed was assurance, but assurance of what? Assurance of June's feelings for him? Again with the doubt. Why was she like this? She was so much more receptive to Jay's displays of affection towards her than she ever was towards him. What did June want him to do? What could Nichkhun ever do to make June throw out every single memory she had of Jay Park?

 

 

He knew his brother talked to her, but what exactly Nichan told June was still a mystery. Nichkhun worried about it, he was afraid of what Nichan might have said, afraid of what Nichan might have not said. Being caught that morning- Khun didn't care for it personally, but he worried it might have bothered June.

 

His brother had been wary of her from the very beginning, ever since he first introduced her to them during the concerts. June may not have thought much about it, or have realized it, but Nichkhun had slowly been integrating her into his family. That was how much he wanted her- how much he loved her. He did- Nichkhun did, he loved her and he loves her still, quite possibly more and more each day. He wanted to see her smile, make her happy, make her feel loved. Even when he had to stop himself from doting on her as much as he wanted to. June was different, his normal strategies at wooing a girl would not work for her, if anything, it might push her away. So instead of calling her all the time, asking her how her day wet by, helping her with heavy things, and opening doors for her (though Khun still did them for her) he had to stop himself. Although the only thing he had been successful in was to try and avoid spoiling her with gifts.

 

What could have Nichan said to her? If he hadn't come across his brother- if Nichan hadn't told him where June was when he came across him and Victoria together then Nichkhun wouldn't even put two and two together. Finding Victoria in the same hotel was too much of a coincidence as it was. Nichkhun had been looking for Nichan, and Yan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter