Yongguk, The Rebel and Rival

The Prince-Like and The Follower

Along the years, Jongup became Himchan's favorite because he never complained and automatically just do whatever Himchan told him to do.  Even when Jongup knew in advance that he might not be able to do it well, he would still try his best.  Not to mention, he would always have a smile on his face.
 

Now that Himchan is older, he classified most of his followers as friends now but there are really some who he can't classify a friend and shall always remain as a follower (sometimes he's tempted to call them servant but decided not to do that since he's not paying them with money) like Jongup but there are really a few times when he wanted to consider Jongup as a friend instead because Jongup had always been there for him whether good times or bad times.
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

When they're finally in high school, Himchan found himself a new rival by the name of Yongguk.  They had a few similarities like being born in a rich family, smart, talented and athletic but they also have their differences with their attitude and style like how Himchan was being prince-like while Yongguk was all street punk and gangster.  They simply don't get along and compete with each other in every test, sport or whatever else form of competition out there.
 

Despite Himchan and Yongguk's rivalry, Jongup and Yongguk were pretty friendly towards each other.  This irked Himchan as he immediately demanded an answer from Jongup as to why he was good friends with Yongguk.  Jongup's answer was pretty simple.  "Because he's nice."
 

Jongup's answer caused Himchan to feel more irritated.  "What is so nice about that thug?!?!" Jongup could come up with a lot of answers but he didn't want Himchan to know most of those answers.  Yes, he was actually keeping a secret from Himchan but shared that secret with Yongguk.  The secret of being bullied because he was Himchan's follower.
 

"Answer me!!!" Himchan raised his voice in a more demanding tone.
 

Suddenly, Yongguk was in between them. "Don't raise your tone like that with him."  
 

"It's okay, Yongguk.  Himchan~hyung is just a bit in a bad mood so I think it's better for you to just leave."  Jongup said as he pushed Yongguk lightly away to another direction.
 

Yongguk allowed himself to be pushed.  "Don't let him talk to you like that."  He said in a worried and concern tone to Jongup.
 

"It's fine.  Just go."  Jongup gave him another light push.
 

"Come with me and let me can protect you from him."  Yongguk's hand reached out for Jongup who stepped away from him.
 

"I don't need to be protected.  I'm fine.  Just go."  Jongup said with a reassuring smile.
 

Yongguk gave Himchan one last glare before allowing himself to walk away.  When Yongguk finally disappeared from their sight, Himchan spoke again.  "What was that all about? I thought you two were just friendly but just now, both of you acted really close like you knew each other for a long time. The heck with that let me protect you ?!?!"
 

"I chose to stay here with you than to leave with him.  Isn't that what's important?"  Jongup tried to change the subject.
 

"I wouldn't care if you'll switch sides and go to him anyway." Himchan immediately regretted after saying those words.  When he's angry or in a bad mood, he just tended to say a lot of things that he didn't mean and most of them were hurtful things.  Jongup had been on the receiving end of a lot of hurtful words in the past years he had been Himchan's follower.
 

"I know you wouldn't care for someone like me, hyung."  Jongup wasn't smiling anymore which made Himchan afraid that Jongup might really leave him for Yongguk but the next words that came out from Jongup's mouth were pretty unexpected.  "But I care for you which is why I'm here."
 

Just like that, Himchan's anger and bad mood disappeared, and was replaced with feelings of guilt and gratefulness.  "Jongup, I..." He was close to apologizing but his prince syndrome didn't allow him to apologize.  "I want you to swear your loyalty to me." He said those words instead.
 

"Why would I swear my loyalty to someone who doesn't care about me?"  Jongup retorted which made Himchan tense up because he had never heard Jongup trying to stand up for himself.  But then, Jongup's tone of voice changed into a soft one.  "But hyung, you already have my loyalty the moment you gave me your broken helicopter.  I swore back then to myself that I'm going to remain by your side as long as you need me."
 

The feeling of gratefulness had overwhelmed Himchan's heart that for the first time since they met, Himchan had finally managed to utter out these words.  "Thank you, Jongup, and I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier."
 

Jongup was surprised to hear such words coming out from Himchan's mouth.  Himchan started to blush as he could see Jongup staring at him like he had just seen an alien from outer space.  "You should say those words more often."  He tried to encourage Himchan.
 

"No and don't expect to hear it from me anytime soon."  Himchan went back to being a brat.  Jongup simply sighed and things went back to normal again.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N:  So Yongguk appears and made everything between Himchan and Jongup much more interesting and dramatic. Lolz XD Comments please? ^^