My Prince

The Prince-Like and The Follower

 

"What happened to you?" Himchan asked as he looked at Jongup who was covered in dirt and even had some leaves on his hair and uniform.
 
 
But Jongup was still smiling as brightly as ever.  "I tripped and fell on a bush."
 
 
"Aish... why are you so clumsy?! Go and tidy yourself up.  You still have a few minutes before class starts."  Himchan said in his usual commanding tone.
 
 
"Yes, sir!"  Jongup gave him a mocked salute before bolting off to the nearest comfort room to clean himself up.
 
 
Himchan began to worry when class started and Jongup didn't show up yet.  Fifteen minutes after class has started, Jongup had finally shown up in class with Yongguk holding his wrist.  Yongguk slammed the door open and stomped inside with Jongup on tow.  "If I ever find out who locked Jongup in the janitor's closet, I'm going to ing drown you in the toilet bowl!!! If any of you dare to bully Jongup again, you're going to have to answer to me!!!"
 
 
Everybody was shocked and silent over Yongguk's uproar including the teacher.  Himchan got over the shock quickly and spoke up.  "Take your hands off of Jongup."  He said in an annoyed tone.
 
 
"Shut up, you narcissitic prince!!! It's your fault that Jongup is being bullied in the first place!! You didn't even know about it, didn't you?!?!" Yongguk went to his seat at the back and dragged Jongup with him.  He made Jongup sit on an empty seat next to him instead of the usual seat next to Himchan.
 
 
Himchan couldn't say anything back because he really didn't know about what's happening with Jongup.  Heck, he didn't really know much about Jongup at all despite spending their years together and he hated how Yongguk just suddenly came in their lives and seemed to know everything about Jongup in a short amount of time.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
By lunchtime, Jongup was able to convince Yongguk that he'll be fine and went back to Himchan.  "You can spend lunch with Yongguk if you like."  Jongup was surprised to hear it from Himchan but what's even more surprising was that Himchan didn't sound angry or jealous.  His tone sounded soft and resigned.  
 
 
"Just the other day you asked me to swear my loyalty to you but now, you're pushing me to Yongguk. What's with the sudden change of attitude? Are you feeling guilty that I've been bullied because of you?"  Jongup bombarded Himchan with questions.
 
 
", yes. I'm feeling guilty about everything.  I haven't been exactly nice to you and I've been treating you like a servant, you're being bullied because of me and yet, you never told me anything about how much you've been hurting, you never complained once and you continue to smile like an idiot.  How the can you be so loyal to me?! How do you manage to remain by my side after everything?" Himchan really hated how Jongup made him feel guitly yet grateful at the same time.  It's what he had been feeling around Jongup lately.
 
 
Jongup took a deep breath before explaining himself.  "At first, it's only because I like receiving your old stuff.  Your old stuff still either looks new or pretty much repairable for me.  As the years passed, I kept on hearing from your friends and followers who talked behind your back that if it weren't for your money and status, they wouldn't have bothered to be friendly with you.  I felt guilty about it since I only followed you around hoping to get more of your old material stuff so I tried to change and told myself to remain by your side as long as you need me."  
 
 
"So you pitied me." Himchan concluded.
 
 
"If it was just pity or for material stuff, do you think I would still be here with you right now?  Do you think I would allow myself to be bullied and take beating from those nasty people when I could easily fight them back?"  Jongup placed his hands on Himchan's cheeks and forced the other to look at him.  "I would rather that they harm me instead of you.  You're a prince after all and while I may not be a knight in shining armor, I am a servant who'll do everything he can for you."  Then he dropped his hands to the sides and stepped back from Himchan.  "Yongguk is stupid for thinking I'm a damsel in distress."  He added making Himchan laugh.
 
 
"Thank you."  Himchan felt it was easier to say those words the second time around.
 
 
"Anytime, my prince."
 
 
To be continued....
 
A/N:  So a lot of you have been wanting to slap Himchan because of his attitude in the previous chapters.  Do you still feel like slapping him now? XD Comments please!!!