02 : And they've arrived

Maybe You're The One

 

 Chapter  02  
And they've arrived.

 

 

Baekhyun usually liked travelling.

Ever since he was a kid, travelling has always been one of his routines. His dad was a doctor who goes to rural places to do volunteer services, and Baekhyun would always tag along with him. Baekhyun loved going to unfamiliar places, meeting new people, having different experiences and helping noona’s and ahjummeoni’s…….beautify themselves by applying crap-load of make-up on their wrinkly and dry faces.

 

Oh well, past is past.

 

Baekhyun liked going on trips, volunteer services or simply family trips with his parents and his younger brother. He liked going on trips with people whom provided him comfort, security and joy.

 

And not annoyance and extreme hatred towards Gucci, pandas, hot guys with abs and unicorns.

These are the things that the two inhumane creatures have been gossiping about like high school girls for the past two hours.

Wow, he actually lasted two agonizing hours with these agonizing aliens. And counting.

 

Somebody commend him.

 

Usually when their group of friends has a get-together, Baekhyun would latch himself with the ‘sane ones’, namely Kris and Minseok; and avoid the ‘dangerous ones’ at all costs.

Wait, Minseok has gotten together with Jongdae now so Kris is the one sane one left together with Baekhyun. By the way, Kris is Tao’s boyfriend of 3 years but Kris’s sanity is undefeatable.

The others, Luhan, Tao, Yixing, Jongdae and Sehun are the ‘dangerous ones’. Avoid them if you wish to keep your sanity alive and kicking.

 

“No, seriously. Jacob is way hotter than Edward. I mean, look at him,” Yixing shoved his phone to Tao’s face, perhaps to show him a picture of a half- Jacob, “look at those yummy chocolate abs. Mmm, definitely more appetizing than this corpse’s pale ones.”

 

Ew.

 

Wait, did Yixing just insult Edward?!

 

“Oooh. Look at that. It’s your wallpaper, ge?”

 

Oh, hell naw.

Fiercely, Baekhyun yanked his earphones off his ears (there’s actually no music playing, heh) and turned to glare menacingly at the two Chinese gossipers.

“Yixing hyung, you do not insult any of the Cullen’s, okay? Especially my Edward.”

“……..he’s not talking about his dog, isn’t he, gege?”

“Uh, I don’t know. Maybe he’s on his period.”

“But aren’t girls the only ones who bleed in their private areas monthly?”

“Oh yeah. Then……man period?”

The two bolted in their seats, both exchanging looks the same of two people who had just solved a big scientific experiment. “Bingo!” And their laughter reigned because they’re such geniuses.

Baekhyun just closed his eyes and rested his back on his seat again, hands going up to rub his temples because he feels like he’s going to have a headache.

Why did he even try?

 

 

 

Another couple of hours have passed and they were still on the road.

None of them were pleased.

“Are we still in Korea?” Yixing asked Baekhyun since Tao seemed fast asleep in between the two older men.

As much as Baekhyun wanted to sit at the back, it came out that he was not the only person who had put his entire closet in the van. Tao had brought his whole Gucci products collection while Yixing probably had a billion of stuffs that Baekhyun could honestly not care about for now.

 

Sighing, the Korean pushed the Yixing’s head back onto the headrest and muttered, “Just go to sleep, hyung.”

 

 

--

 

 

Oh my god, Luhan. You better pick your phone up before I power-walk my way back there in Seoul and slap your ugly face left and right, up and down!

 

Baekhyun was obviously angry. He’s contacting his so-called best friend for the last 10 minutes but Luhan was not answering his phone!

 

“Hello?”

Hallelujah!

“Luhan! Where in the world is this driver taking us?! We’ve been on the road for almost 5 hours now! I’ve tried asking him where we’re heading but the old man seems to be deaf!”

 

“Baekhyun, first off, stop gritting your teeth. You sound like a grandma in labor. Second off, didn’t I say the beach resort is far, far faaaaaaar away from Seoul? Obviously, it’d take long hours to get there. So be patient, be calm. I’ve packed your camera in your duffel bag. Go take a few shots of anything interesting outside.”

 

“But all I see is—“ Baekhyun looked out through the window to stare at….trees, “trees. Everywhere.”

Baekhyun heard Luhan sigh over the phone. “Look, just go to sleep. You’d probably arrive there by late afternoon, okay? Now shut it. I’m hanging up. Bye. Adios.”

 

“Luhan!—“

 

The line was off.

 

Urgh!

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

The automatic glass doors parted open, and several shipping boxes toppled on the floor along with a tall, lanky guy dressed casually, surprising a few foreign and non-foreign tourists nearby at the lobby.

Immediately, hotel porters gathered by his side, a few helping the guy on the floor up, others picking up the boxes from the marbled floor.

“I’m fine! I’m fine everybody!” The man grinned widely at everyone, and then proceeded to help the porters bring the boxes to the counter where two receptionists greeted him politely by bowing.

“Good morning, ladies.”

“Good morning, sir Chanyeol,” they greeted back in sync.

Chanyeol grinned in return.

 

 

--

 

 

“Ge…….ge…….Baekhyun ge.”

“Hmm….?”

“We’re here.”

“Where?”

"The beach resort! Yay, I'm so excited!"

"Why?"

"Because it's my first time being away from Seoul!"

"When?"

"Well....uh, now?"

"Where?"

"The...beach resort?"

"Why......are.......we......here?"

“Um….I don’t know. Ask the driver..?”

“How?”

“….what?”

“When?”

“Uh….”

“Don’t mind him, Tao. He’s probably still in a dreamy state. Let’s wake him up after we put the bags inside the resort. Why don’t you help us here for now?” Yixing asked sweetly and motherly from the back of the van.

“Alright, mommy~”

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

A knock sounded from the other side of the door. Now, this is the time where Chanyeol should open the door and entertain whoever is outside.

However, Chanyeol didn’t budge from his seat.

Another knock, but no, Chanyeol still didn’t move. He couldn’t. He shouldn’t. Because, if he did, he’d miss the most important part!

Another knock, this time, Chanyeol groaned at the distraction.

“Sir Chanyeol.”

No. His ears and eyes were focused on the flat screen. His is happily sitting on his leather couch. His office table, papers and whatnot—forget them. This is much more important.

“Yah, sir Chanyeol. Are you there?”

Aish! Why so noisy?!

“He’s not coming out, is he?”

“U-Um, I don’t think he is, Mr. Kim.”

“Ah, this punk, really. You may go back to your work, Chorong. I’ll take care of him.”

“Y-Yes, Mr. Kim.”

Chanyeol, though, heard no voices from the behind his office door as he watched with intense eyes how the Magistrate shook the lying, blooded lady to consciousness. The scene was located in the woods. And when the female lead had blocked the sword from slitting the neck of the shaman, letting Excellency Choi’s man slit hers instead, Chanyeol’s newest remote control went flying to the wall along with weird profanities flying out of his mouth and towards Geo Deol.

 

Guess he needs to buy another remote.

 

Then, Chanyeol saw the Magistrate leaning down closer to the lady’s face. Chanyeol’s lips parted into a big grin slowly, obviously knowing what’s about to happen.

All of a sudden, the TV screen went black, which caused Chanyeol to gasp loudly, eyes widening in horror. Then, a man in suit came to view. But he’s not the only one that came to Chanyeol’s view. The plug he was holding in his hand and that mocked apologetic expression he had. “Oops?”

“God fuc—“

“Don’t even try. You know what’s gonna happen,” The guy in suit warned.

“D-Dang it, hyung! What the fu—“

“Fist to the jaw, Chanyeol~” Said hyung sang in a scary tone.

“Magistrate Eun Oh was about to kiss Arang! Hyung, seriously?! Do you realize what you just did?!” Chanyeol yelled as he ruffled his own hair in frustration, giving his hyung an accusing glare. He’s been waiting for that kiss to happen and he’s so eager to know what Arang’s reaction would be!

“Do you realize that Luhan’s friends have arrived just a few minutes ago and that you are to take them to the beach house, give them a tour around tomorrow, and take care of them until their stay here ends?” The man in suit retorted at the angry younger man while crossing his arms.

“Woah, woah! Hold up!” Chanyeol waved his hands frantically as he stood up quickly from his seat to stand in front of the older man. “I agreed to welcome them here at the hotel and take them to the beach house but being a tour guide and a babysitter? No. That’s too much. Let me tell you, hyung, this place is huge! Very huge!” Chanyeol replied back as if his hyung hasn’t been in, out and around the beach resort.

“Yes, and your secretary has been standing outside your office—“

“Pssh, Chorong. The always impressive Chorong. I think we should switch secretaries. You know what, I don’t even understand why dad gave us secretaries when we obviously don’t need them! That girl is only obedient to you or in front of you. I know, why don’t you just ask her to do the babysitting?”

“I don’t care about your secretary’s attitude towards you, Chanyeol. I won’t really be surprised if it’s terrible since you deserve it anyways. What I care about right now are our guests waiting for you!”

“If you’re that impatient then why don’t you just go there instead?”

“I have a meeting, obviously, if you can’t tell it by the way I’m dressed, you brat!”

“Aish! Fine, fine! Just stop nagging! I think my ears are starting to bleed.”

“So would your nose if you keep on blabbering nonsense. Now get out!”

“Tch,” the younger glared hard at the older man before putting on his pair of sneakers and walking towards the door. “You really deserve the grandpa nickname our brothers gave you, old hag.”

“Why you—!”

And Chanyeol made a run for it as he saw the said old hag chasing him. In a speed of light, the younger was out of the door, running fast while laughing loudly at the said grandpa who was rushing out of the office and after him in fury.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

“How long do we still have to wait? My hurts from sitting like a duck for 6 straight hours!”

“I don’t know, Baekhyun ge. Mine hurts too. Can’t we just get a room already?”

“Be patient, you two.”

The three have been waiting at the lobby for quite a while now. (Not really. The two are just being impatient.) Having arrived from a 6 hour trip from Seoul to…to….what is this place called?

“Where exactly are we?” Baekhyun asked the two Chinese.

Yixing had that face that tells Baekhyun he too had slept throughout the ride and had no idea where they were.

“We’re in Yangyang-gun, gege,” Tao answered instead, making Baekhyun turn to loot at the youngest in bewilderment. Weren’t you also—

“I wasn’t really able to sleep. I only had my eyes close,” Tao said, answering Baekhyun’s question and smiling after. Baekhyun nodded. However, he saw something in Tao’s eyes. Something weird. Baekhyun was about to point it out when he heard two loud voices.

“Watch out!”

“Watch out!”

One had a tinge of Chinese accent and femininity in their voice—Baekhyun could recognize it as Yixing’s. The other voice though—he couldn’t tell clearly.

But what he could tell clearly was that his (which was getting better) was in pain once again and so was his back. “Ow..” Baekhyun winced in pain. He felt that someone’s on top of him, refraining him from getting up. It was heavy and it was breathing heavily right against his face!

What is this?! Is this a bear on top of me?!

Silently whimpering in fear, Baekhyun opened his eyes very, very slowly to look at…..another pair of eyes. Bigger. Much bigger than his own. And that’s when it clicked in his head. Baekhyun started panicking. A tarsier! Aren’t tarsiers supposed to be small?! An owl?! Oh my god!

Oh, wow…” Baekhyun heard the wide-eyed creature whisper.

It’s talking! I’m dead. I’m so dead!

Chanyeol stared back at the smaller orbs. He remained staring and staring at them just like that. They were….shining. Wow…

Both thoughts were disturbed by a cough.

“You might want to get up. Our guest is probably having a hard time breathing, dear brother.”

Chanyeol gasped loudly as he saw the expression the person beneath him had.

“I-I’m so sorry!” He quickly got up and watched as the previously frozen man scrambled away from him and back to the other dumbfounded guests.

When Baekhyun had gotten up with the help of the two Chinese (and had hidden behind Yixing), the man in suit who stood beside Chanyeol decided to break the awkward atmosphere caused by his annoying brother by clearing his throat, which caught everyone’s attention, fortunately.

“Good evening, gentlemen. I’m the General Manager of the beach resort, Kim Joonmyun.” The man, Kim Joomyun smiled captivatingly at the three.

Baekhyun thought it was handsome.

This is the time where Chanyeol should do his intro, but the fool was just standing there, scratching his head like an ape; Joonmyun gave Chanyeol a not-so-gentle nudge in the ribs, causing the younger to yelp in surprise and pain. He was about to punch Joonmyun in the shoulder but the older was quick enough to clear his throat, signaling that Chanyeol had an introduction to do to prove that he’s not a hoodlum lurking around the beach resort.

“Oh yeah, haha,” Chanyeol foolishly mumbled to himself, “Hi! I’m Chanyeol. Assistant General Manager,” then he grinned.

Baekhyun thought it was scary.

Joonmyun took notice of the three guests’ flabbergasted faces and chuckled quietly to himself.

“Welcome to Amoretto Hotel and Beach Resort.”

 

 

 


A/N: Hello y'all! Haha. Well, it's been a long time, hasn't it? Feel free to bomb this stupid author. 

Anyways, man, I wrote this whole chapter for like....2 weeks but why is it so short here?! Ugh. By the way, have you watched Arang and the Magistrate? LOL. I was watching that epic drama while writing this down on my notebook so....yeah?

See you in like....another century!