01 : Oh, no

Maybe You're The One

 

 

 Chapter  01  
Oh, no.

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms, eyeing the too-bright-and-too-wide-god-help-him smile on his best friend’s face warily.

 

 

He knows that smile.

 

It’s the smile that he had worn when he had borrowed almost all of Baekhyun’s allowance back in high school when he had ‘lost’ his own—or rather spent everything on Zipia’s freaking newly arrived clothes—and needed to pay for his miscellaneous or when he needed Baekhyun to do his biology project because he had to hang out with his boyfriend to celebrate their first anniversary.

 

Oh, how Baekhyun loathed that smile.

 

 

“That smile,” Baekhyun started, “wipe it off, it creeps me out.”

 

Luhan’s genuine smile turned into a frown. Glaring at his best friend, he muttered, “Meanie.”

 

“I’ve learned from the best. What can I say?” Such great friends they were.

 

“Anyways,” Luhan spoke once again, as if Baekhyun hadn’t said anything, “I have finally found the cure to your, uh…. the thing you writers get—“

 

“Writer’s block.”

 

“Right.  Writer’s block!”

 

It’s been long since he had passed anything to the publishing house he works for. Everything he has done so far is all unfinished manuscripts, not even halfway through whatsoever he’s attempted to do. In result, he had received an earful from the editor, telling him that Baekhyun’s touch was extremely decreasing. ‘And a writer losing his touch is a big no-no, especially to him’. “You need to sort this out and start writing better stuff that is satisfying and not rejection-worthy otherwise I will have to terminate your contract, which, for your info, is due next year, and look for better and well-motivated writers as replacement.”

 

“So, my aunt owns this very, very cool beach resort. It’s located in a province far, far, faaaaaaar away from Seoul, which means, more fresh air, more peace and less pollution for my dearest Baekhyun!” Luhan finished off with an excited hand clapping and a girly giggle.

 

A beach resort in a province, Baekhyun thought. Not that bad. He’d definitely love to have a break from the busy city. There’d be fresh air there, yes and not the disgusting smell of every time Luhan comes home, trees, pools, water, cool stuff, and probably even couples in their vacation, that’ll help him get motivated, seeing couples, I mean.

 

Oh! Maybe they have some make-up store, too? New eyeliners to add into his collection!

 

Wait, no.

 

He must be radical here.

 

Don’t forget all your trusted make-up shops are here in Seoul.

 

We don’t want to get your flawless skin damaged, do we?

 

Mhm.

 

Now back to the situation at hand.

 

Focus.

 

“You want me to go to a beach resort?” Baekhyun asked for confirmation as he reached for the latte Luhan had so kindly bought for him ‘straight from Starbucks’, which only heighten the writer’s growing suspicion. Because knowing Luhan, he wouldn’t give a crap about anybody’s wellbeing, if they weren’t his Sehun or himself.

 

Luhan nodded, eyes sparkling with anticipation and something else that Baekhyun couldn’t identify.

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue, tearing his gaze away from his best friend to think about the proposal.

 

Weighing the pros and cons, as they say.

 

Sadly, he’s only seeing the cons.

 

Going on a vacation meant that he’d be gone for a long time, being gone for a long time meant that Luhan would have the apartment all to himself, Luhan having the apartment all to himself meant mess, Sehun coming over, Sehun and Luhan getting all naughty and nasty together, and most specially, Baekhyun still paying half of the rent despite his absence.

 

Because Luhan is a selfish brat like that.

 

“No.”

 

Luhan smile faded and got replaced by a glare, once again.

 

“I would rather stay here, where all the city goodness is and not leave you—“

 

“No?”

 

Baekhyun gulped at his best friend’s dangerous tone. Luhan’s voice dropped a billion octaves, now mixed up with poison and all things deadly. The bubbly, cute (aw, really?) Luhan was no more and here stood across the sofa set from Baekhyun was the scary Luhan that he hated seeing amongst all of the other sickening personalities his best friend has.

 

Luhan slowly got up from his seat, cocked his hips to the side, and crossed his arms before giving Baekhyun a harder glare, which sent shivers down the latter’s spine.

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” Luhan started with the very same tone and Baekhyun swore the dark aura emitting from Luhan was no imagination, “What do you mean ‘no’?”

 

Oh, no.

 

--

 

 

The shrieking, mother-effing ear-piercing sound of his alarm startled Baekhyun from his wonderful dream.

 

The 23-year-old shot up thoughtlessly, only to regret it after his vision blurred and diziness overwhelmed him.

 

He groaned, flopping his lazy back to bed, and rolling over to the side to turn the alarm clock off by the nightstand without opening his groggy eyes for some peace and 15 more minutes of sleep.

 

Baekhyun frowned when he reached out but didn’t get to touch the device.

 

‘Where is that stupid—'

 

“Wakey, wakey,  Baekhyunnie~”

 

Baekhyunnie’ finally opened his eyes only to present the culprit, who was, by the way, holding the clock out of Baekhyun’s reach and standing a few meters away from the bed, with a menacing glare.

 

“Ugh, go away, Luhan. I wanna sleep,” whined Baekhyun as he pulled a pillow from somewhere on his bed to cover his face from the blinding sunlight from his window.

 

How dare Luhan touch his clean, disinfected curtains when he couldn’t even rest his on the Chinese’s bed for a complete minute without getting yelled at and kicked off?

 

Let’s just say that they never venture out into each other’s rooms for privacy policy and complete body organs despite being best friends.

 

“Baekhyun, get your slothful out of your bed before I pour scorching, hot water on you.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t figure out how Luhan’s boyfriend could put up with such bipolarity.

 

“How about….you get that flat out of yours out of my room before I tell Sehun…..his wasn’t actually the first thing to get into your….hole?” Baekhyun shot back in his half-conscious sleepy state.

 

Don’t blame him. Blame the late night shows he’s so into currently.

 

Baekhyun’s pillow got snatched from his bed and his head hit the cushion with a soft thud.

 

Say…..what….?!” Luhan yelled in between the hard hits he’s giving to the rude and offensive writer. Baekhyun squirmed, arms flying to his head for shield.

 

“I was kidding! Jeez!”

 

“You better be! You have no proof about that matter and FYI, I’m not a , Sehun really was my first and I. Do. Not. Have. Freaking. Flat. . Cheeks! They’re perky and bouncy and totally fuc—“

 

“I’m getting up!” Covering his ears, Baekhyun threw his blanket off and got up from his bed, the thought of sleep escaping his system after all the pillow-beating.

 

On his way out, he murmured loud enough for Luhan to hear, “Defensive gay man.”

 

 

“You’re one to talk, !”

 

 

--

 

The smell of pancakes reached Baekhyun’s nostrils the moment he got out of the bathroom.

 

Pancakes.

 

With honey.

 

His favorite.

 

My favorite. Luhan’s up to something.

 

The thing is Luhan never liked pancakes. Ever. The smell of it (which is heavenly, according to Baekhyun) irks him, and every time Baekhyun tried to cook himself a pancake…or two…or five…Luhan would act like it’s the end of the world and throw the pancakes to trash or feed them to Baekhyun’s American Eskimo dog, Edward.

He’s a big fan of Twilight and that provocatively hot vampire of the Cullen’s.

What?

Oh, shut up. Edward Cullen’s hot, okay?    

Soon, Baekhyun gave up and just settled for eggs and bread since his money’s only destination was the trash instead of his stomach.

 

Luhan greeted him with a plate of pancakes towering each other.

 

With honey.

 

“Pancakes?” Luhan asked, the creepy smile back to his face again.

 

 

 

He’s totally up to something.

 

 

Totally.

 

 

--

 

“Baekhyun! Hurry up, I have your bags here with me! Also, I’ve already prepared your outfit of the day~ It’s on your bed! You’re welcome!” Baekhyun heard Luhan from the living room.

 

Outfit of the day? Seriously?

 

“Since when are you my mother?!” Indeed his outfit of the day was there, sitting on his bed. Baekhyun walked over to the bed and got dressed. Luhan has a nice fashion sense, anyways.

“There is no way I am giving birth to a brat like you! And I’d prefer my first born to be a girl so we can play dress-up and all those girly crap together!”

Ew, was the only thing that came up to Baekhyun’s mind.

“Well then, since when are you my maid?!” Baekhyun asked for the second time. He chuckled silently as he waited for another Luhan Response.

Luhan Response – a response consisted of nothing but self-praise, sharp and nonsensical words and absolute gayness.

“I’m too fabulous and perfect to be your slave!” There it was.

Chuckling once again, Baekhyun held up his Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Eye Definer pencil to his waterline and started transforming himself into a Cheshire diva.

 

--

 

Luhan! What….What is all of this?!” Baekhyun shrieked and Luhan quickly ran from the kitchen to the living room.

Luhan stared at him, “What..? These are your clothes,” he calmly stated.

“But I won’t be needing all of this! This is like, my entire possessions!” Baekhyun gestured to the 3 luggage bags, 2 duffel bags and 3 plastic boxes that probably contained his collection of eyeliners.

“I’m only staying there for 3 weeks!” Baekhyun faced his best friend again, only to see a horrified look.

Three weeks?! Are you kidding me?!” Baekhyun’s hands quickly flew to cover his ears because goodness, Luhan’s voice could do a screaming battle with his alarm clock!

“What do you mean? Three weeks is long enough.”

“No! That’s too short! Sehun wouldn’t be able to find a new job and a cheaper place to move into by three weeks!” Luhan cried out exasperatedly, only to realize that he’d just given his real motive out.

 

 

Bingo, bish, bingo.

 

“So that’s why!” Baekhyun pointed an accusing and totally offended finger to his best friend of 7 years. “Well, guess what, I am not going any—“

 

 

Beep beep!

 

 

“Baekhyun! Look, your chauffeur’s here!” Luhan quicly opened the house door to welcome the driver (that he’d rented) to get Baekhyun’s stuff into the car.

“Wait, mister—“ Baekhyun tried to stop the middle-aged man from picking up his bags but wasn’t able to continue when Luhan had started pushing him out. “Hey! Stop it! I’m not leaving—“

“Nope~ You’re staying there till next year. I’ve got everything ready for my best pal! House, food, even Yeol’s ready for you haha!”

 

They were out now.

 

Baekhyun saw his stuff already inside the van. Still not giving up, Baekhyun tried pushing both him and Luhan back to the house. “No, Luhan. This is my house! Not yours and Sehun—“

And he was inside the car.

“Hi, Baekhyun hyung!”

“Ni hao, Baek~”

Baekhyun turned to his side and oh, no.

“Tao?! Yixing hyung?!”

“Oh, and I remember mentioning this to you last night but whatever. Tao-Tao and Xing are coming with you! You are not alone~

“Luhan, what the he—“

Slam went the car door to his face.

“I’ll take care of Edward, don’t worry!” Luhan chirped happily from outside the car.

Baekhyun sighed as he rubbed his temples. There’s no use trying to get out of the car, now.

The car engine started and they were off.

“Have a safe trip!” Luhan waved joyfully. He whipped his phone out, dialing a certain number.

“Hey, baby, what’s up?”

“Coast is clear, Sehunnie!”

 

Oh, no.

 

 


A/N: Sorry for the delay! >.< Here's the first chap.

 

 

Comments, Subscriptions and Upvotes are greatly appreaciated. :D

 

Panda says Bye!