Titanium Brake (b)

Misplaced

 

[a/n: Here comes the second part of Titanium Brake chapter!]

 

 

Thursday, the last week of the term. The Ballroom

It was a very grand and classy ballroom party for a high school level. The ball was held in Shim Tower’s Central Hall, which was owned by Shim Jaejoong, a gift from her father obviously. The chandeliers were hanging beautifully, majestically, and the evening sky was clearly seen from inside since the roof of the hall itself was clear glasses. There was a chocolate fountain in the north wing, while cocktails were served not far in the west wing. The dance hall in the middle was full with students clad in glamorous, crisp tuxedos and pretty gowns. Everyone seemed so cheered up and happy. The soft melody was flowing in the air from the orchestra band on the west-south side.

Every pairs of orbs then were suddenly set on a pair of models, which were actually graduated from their school. Only one of the pair was detected as an alumnus, while the woman was never founded in the school database. The man had that impossibly handsome face, with a small hint of playfulness in his eyes and flirtatious smirk plastered on his lips, making all of the male students felt sudden self-depression. His black hair was styled and his suit adorned his perfect body, his dark orbs allured those young women in the hall, making them hyperventilating. His y seductive smile didn’t make the condition any better. The well-tailored suit straight from one of Manhattan’s elite tailoring, William Fiorovanti, fit his form perfectly and pronounced his playful demeanor more. Black undershirt and black slacks that clung loosely yet still managed to show off his sleek figure, accompanied with white blazer, smooth. He was like a walking billboard.

While a woman beside him was simply an embodiment of archangel from heaven, beautiful white colored gown with shades of silver on the bottom edge, stolen from Dior’s latest wardrobe, hung to her well-defined curves. The strapless mermaid cut haute couture gown, reached her mid-leg with mesmerizing design of pearls and embroidery right on the to down to the bodice part. Her ebony tresses were curled on her left shoulder while a pair of silvery hair pin shaped like arched feathers with dark sapphire colored diamonds totted its middle side adorning her left and right side hair. Her snow-white skin glowed from the light as her eyes sparkling from the light. They walked gracefully into the hall.

“Kyaa— he’s Donghae oppa!” someone screamed her lungs off.

“Look at him! Aww my heart can’t take this!” a blond girl swooned.

“Hey, isn’t she that supermodel Shim Jaejoong with Donghae-oppa?” asked a girl from the first grade. Her friend gasped soundly and gawked at the dazzling couple.

“Are they dating?” Impossible.

“Yeah, she is! Ah, I can’t believe she is ... amazingly beautiful.” She sighed in envy. And at that time, all of the girls fantasy about Donghae faded away as they saw Jae clutched to his arms. They were a well-matched pair, but in reality...

“You stupid player, stop acting cool.” Jae whispered darkly.

“Aw, don’t be a pain, Jae! C’mon, it is a big commotion for us! It has been years since our last ballroom party, and if my memory serves me right, I recalled you were disguising yourself too, like what little baby Kyu has been doing now... But... sadly you disguised yourself as a boy.” Donghae muttered, but received rolling eyes from the pretty woman. “A total waste of your beauty.”

Flashback

It was the first day of school; all of the new students were grouping in the school gymnasium. There were a young man and a very beautiful young man standing side by side in the gymnasium’s men rest room.

“So, Jae what does this mean?” The young man asked the beautiful young ‘man’. The beautiful young man then pulled his tie and his brown short hair, showing a very beautiful young woman with black shining straight hair underneath the disguise.

“Hush, keep your volume down, Hae. I do this to protect my ity from those erts. I need that intact until I married!” The beautiful girl then wore her very old-fashioned thick glasses from her pocket, but before she could put it on her perfect nose, the other boy snapped it from her.

“Aish! What is it? Another set for an actre—ARGHH!!”  Before he could finish his words, the beautiful lass stepped on his shoes with all her might. Mercilessly, hard.

“Arg! Jae, are you trying to bloody pry my toes from my feet? What are you? Freaking five?! Auch!” Donghae hissed under his breath. Eyes gleaming with fake tears, he shut his mouth suddenly as he felt very dark aura was creeping up his spine, he turned his head stuttered on the now dangerously-beautiful-girl-which-emitted-murderous-intent.

“So, are you going to shut your bloody mouth up or accidentally luring me to kill you right here and now?” she said softly, but a real danger was slowly seeping into her satin-like voice.

“Err—alright, Jae! Don’t be mad! I promise I’ll keep this secret. We’re a dear best friend r-right?” Donghae snapped in his nervous laugh. Please just do not kill me. Jae flashed him her infamous sunshine smile and patted ‘forcefully’ on Donghae’s back until the latter choked.

“Yep! Good boy.” She said. Then the young girl wore her wig again and acted as a nerdy boy.

End of the flashback

“That was necessary because if I didn’t do that, those erts would never stop molesting me.” Jae’s dark aura then sipping through the air. Donghae gulped and laughed drily. Like brother like sister, he mused

“O-oh, alright.” He said. He better stopped talking before Jae’s wrath fell over him.

“Wah! Let’s go to the cocktails bar, Donghae!” Jae then pulled the handsome man with her to the bar.

With their leave, people started to act normal because the other eye-catching pairs were stepping their feet into the grandeur ballroom. The unexpectedly second scandalous pair was the youngest kingka, Choi Minho with a beautiful honey blonde haired girl, Taemin. Minho himself was in totally different league with the boys, Jaejoong picked him one of Caraceni's masterpiece. One of the oldest tailoring houses in Italy. The sleek and crisp caramel-bronze colored suit and slacks, combined with ivory colored undershirt adorning his fine complexion, and at the same time, complementing his partner’s hair. Taemin, looked as innocent as usual, wore an ivory colored gown that reached her knee. The Givenchy’s art shone on her petite doll-like form. The shades of caramel played nicely on the bodice part; the gown was strapped securely with a huge ivory ribbon on her shoulder. People there couldn’t tear their gaze because Minho himself looked more dashing than his usual self in school uniform, while the innocent Taemin was another case; her blonde hair was braided artistically and leaving the rest end falling on her right small shoulder which had no ribbon on it.

Taemin’s petite hand was held securely by Minho’s. Both of them were staring at each other deeply, with emotions flickered wildly, before entering the centre hall with confident aura.

Flashback

Minho was standing beside a certain classroom door. Waiting someone in particular to come out. He was keep mumbling something and repeating it many times like charms until…

“Minho-ah, what is it? Sorry, I just read your text.” A golden honey blonde suddenly perked her head from the class. Minho jumped a bit of shock. Damn, she wasn’t making this easier for him.

“Ah, Taemin! My God, you surprised me!” He put his hand on his not-so-crammed neck. The petite girl just laughed. Minho then took a deep breath. Nervous and rough.

“Well, I don’t know a better way to ask you, my hyungs are all painfully scary and one is useless, so... let me be straight with this.” He mumbled almost incoherently, then took a deep breath, “will you go to the ball with me?” he finished in fast pace. Making the girl blinked confusion.

“Huh? I can’t decipher whatever codes you are talking, Minho-ah...?” She smiled. Minho replied her smile as he acknowledged her attempt to ease him down and took another deep breath… Once again, just ask her. My pathetic heart, please do not ruin this…

“Okay. Will. You. Go. To. The. Ball. With. Me?” Minho spelled each word boldly and every word just made his big beaded sweats rolling down his cold back. The girl in front of him was speechless. It took exactly two minutes and seventeen seconds for her to speak. No, he was not counting… okay, he was. He was freaking nervous alright.

“Are you serious asking me to go with… you?” she asked back incredulously, making sure she was not insane and hallucinating herself or Minho really was asking her out as his dance partner.

“Yeah. I do serious. So, what’s your answer?” Minho then grew impatient. It was the first time he asked a girl out which wasn’t either Kyu-noona or Jae-noona. It also made his heart like a hummingbird’s wings, thumping really fast. Contrary to popular belief, being kingka did not give you necessary confidence when you had to encounter the one you like. Please say yes please say yes, he chanted in his head.

“Yes. I will.” Taemin answered in a winning voice. She never thought a kingka would ask her, because there were many y girls in their school. He could simply pick one of them easily. Oh come on, they were throwing themselves over him. She thought herself as a play-it-safe girl… or not.

Her answer, very simple answer, eased both of their dark feeling, and grew very warm smiles on both lips. With a simple stare on each other eyes, they knew their own feeling at that time.

 

I think I love you.

 

End of the flashback

 

The students were envying Taemin because Minho, a.k.a. their school beloved and youngest kingka, had asked her as his partner. And they envied her just-revealed natural beauty, her gown even made her looked fantastic, like a little cute porcelain doll.

It was hard for a shy girl like Taemin to be in the centre of attention, she knew people were staring at her and her company. It brought red blush on her both cheeks, which made Minho even more mesmerized on her, since he found it amusing and cute to the point he want her all for himself. Oh talk about possessiveness.

Behind the couple, there was the beauty queen of the year, Sungmin. She wore that y gown making her hair that was sun-kissed blonde, shone in the room. The baby pink Dior gown that reached her mid thigh clung tightly to her curves. The famous plate element of Galliano’s adorned her chest. The man with her looked as dashing as ever, as expected. A girl like Sungmin would always hunt on famous and handsome men with money. Students knew him as the kingka of the year, and a sophomore. As it already had been imagined, this couple was also the talk of the whole school, not as scandalous as Minho-Taemin, but still triggering some talks.

And, the last couple of that night came after fifteen minutes of Minho and Taemin arrival. As the people had heard, that hot person, Choi Siwon would be with the insufferable geek of the year, The Nerdy Cho Kyuhyun. But people couldn’t see her clearly, not because Siwon’s dashing appearance in Savile Row’s dark blue tuxedo overpowered her presence, instead it was because her pale face concealed by very mysterious white mask. The party didn’t have any particular theme, so wearing mask was considered tolerable. This girl in disguise was wearing a very gracious gown, the glamorous Giambattista Valli’s wardrobe stood out on her figure. The strapless dress had her upper body wrapped in soft white satin, from the bodice, beautiful dark blue color pressed fitly down her waist, then a nice ribbon in similar color hung loosely on her hips. The blue material went loose and reached her mid-leg, with the tail part a little bit longer than the front. Carefully and craftily showing her sculpted legs as she walked in calculated pace. Her caramel wavy hair was stacked on her head beautifully and leaving a curly tail until her back.

Kyu put her pale right arm on Siwon’s left, half of the female students hissed in protest, but Kyu ignored them, since ignorance was the one of Changmin’s forte in courtesy, she learned a lot from him. While the others simply envied her. There was many charades in the party but it never ceased the air in the atmosphere.

Ugh, Jae-eonni made it even ... uh, that daredevil, I couldn’t even describe it! Eonnieeee! Kyu’s mind was screaming loudly in spite of the fact her expression was all-serene.

Flashback

“So, Kyunnie needs my help for make up on the ball? It’s piece-of-cake.” Jae smiled happily—and scarily in Kyuhyun’s eyes. She danced across the sofa to fetch her bloody-big-cosmetics-boxes out from Changmin’s room, which also worked as her storage room when she was around, while humming a song and was eyed curiously by three pairs of orbs in the room.

“Psst, Minnie, what is your sister doing?” Kyu whispered eerily, but Changmin just shook his head. He didn’t know either. It was the exact time when Jae came out with boxes and bags in her both hands, accompanied with Minho’s loud gasp. He gawked at the older woman.

Was she kidding?

“What in the devil’s name are those menaces!? Are you serious, Eonnie?” Kyu asked hysterically ready to set a fast pace to run from the doom that was waiting for her. It couldn’t be. It was freaking three inhumanly big boxes and two not-so-small bags of cosmetics. While the boys were entranced in their shocked state. They couldn’t move a strand of muscle. Women are scary, they shuddered.

Jae pouted her rosy lips.

“Aish these kids... It is natural since I am a model. My senior, no name ever said, even has her bathroom full of these things. So, let’s start making Kyunnie over!” Jae cheered. Jae’s wrath was very scary, but the only thing that scaring the hell out of Kyuhyun was only... the bloody amount of cosmetics that would be applied to her face soon.

“But-but, it is next week! We can do it later, right?” the brunette stepped back shakily and the lady in front of her frowned. Colors drained from her already pale face.

“What are you saying, dear? We should try because I want to make you my masterpiece! I want to hold trials!” she said with a wide grin. “And I will pick your gown! I do not want you blindly choose a crime from Paris fashion week and ruin my hard work, understood?”

With that, Changmin’s room transformed into beauty centre in one day and Kyuhyun just sat lifelessly as she became a Barbie doll in Jaejoong’s skillful hand. While the boys just ran away from the room as fast as possible when the chance arrived, using foods as pathetic excuse against Jaejoong. They just wanted to get out.

 

And the one enjoyed the whole ordeal? Of course, the monstrosity called mother-Jaejoong.

 

End of the flashback

“Kyu, are you alright? You look a bit pale...” Siwon asked as the weird purplish hue on Kyu’s face was emphasized over her usual cherry red color. Kyu took a very deep breath and smiled.

“Ok, I’m good. As good as horse!”

Both of them walked to the hall, joining the crowds after that. The head master then entered the hall; he announced that the ball was started. Exactly at four o’clock. The party was not even delayed one second, as expected from disciplined institution.

People in the hall started to dance and chattering. Music was heard and many couples danced gracefully to the music. Many of them enjoyed the feast, and the crowds were drowned in the big and classy party. Without anyone knowing, someone had just arrived. He parked his painstakingly expensive car and walked out to the twin golden door. Even without invitation, the guards would not have any hardship on noticing who he was. He was another rightful owner of the Tower afterall. He looked like the Adonis sculpture walking from the Temple of Gods with his face devoid any emotions that storming through his dark orbs.

Hhh, I should do whatever I want to do... right?” he sighed while wearing his silver black mask. And then, he entered the hall in silent.

 

....

 

“So, did you enjoy it, Kyu?” Siwon leaded her to the cocktail bar after a full song dancing.

Siwon leaned his head toward the soundless Kyu. He stopped and faced her as he got a glimpse of her distance vision.

“Kyu? Are you with me? Kyu!” Siwon held her upper arms and shook her. With blinks of eyes, she was dragged down to the earth again.

“Yeah? Are you talking to me, Siwon?” Kyu asked him back innocently. Siwon frowned with her answer,

“Of course, who else? I’ve been asking since then. But you seemed a little off. Even when we were dancing.” Siwon’s voice sounded angry and disappointed. From far he caught other pairs were happily dancing. In other hand, he felt like dancing with a lifeless doll back then. Kyu didn’t feel the gloomy air around Siwon because she was really off. Her mind was flying out far to an apartment. To a person she really wanted to be with right now.

And to be honest, Siwon was disappointed to not be able to see the geek’s face.

“I’m so sorry, Siwon.” Was the only thing she could say, Siwon stared at her blankly before changed his expression. It was like a fake façade.

“Ok, I’ll leave you here. I’m going to the washroom, alright?” Siwon then left her there. Kyu absentmindedly walked away from the crowds, she couldn’t find Minho neither Jae and Donghae. She didn’t mind her surroundings. Siwon just told her he would go to washroom; her brain once asked her to wait, but she refused it, because of the hollowness in her chest had grown to be unbearable. She needed to be alone. So, the young woman disappeared from the ballroom to the lift hall without no one noticing.

She didn’t know exactly where to go, she had no destination in her mind or so. She just pressed the lift button to the roof garden, instinctively. A place where her childhood time was spent together with her brother, Changmin and Jae-eonnie. She took her mask off in the lift and trashed in the nearer bin when she walked out from the lift, as she deemed nobody would catch her off guard. Her mind got its awareness when the wind blew a bit strong. Her gown was flying shaping a pair of dark wing. Combing her hair in the process.

Fortunately, the roof garden was built so it would be seen as a balcony and feel like one. There were pots of trees and flowers. A small green house graced the bared spot. And under the flowery gazebo, there were 6 chairs surrounding a round marble table. She decided to sit there and cleared her foggy mind.

“I wish he was here.... I’ve been missing him.” She whispered shakily before closing her eyes.

“Minnie.” She muttered tiredly. Unconsciously, the girl drifted into deep slumber in her own arms.

....

“Minho-ah, can we take a rest for a while? We’ve danced for a full 5 songs! I need water and my toes have been screaming for a break.” Taemin begged as she felt her toes screaming in (not so) bearable pain.

“Ah, Okay. Let’s go to the bar!” Minho smiled apologetically and brought Taemin with him out from the dancing crowds.

As they approached the bar, the bartenders served them two glasses of cooled cocktails. The two sipped it and were talking about the party. Minho remembered his responsibility to watch over Kyuhyun not so long after that, so he wandered his eyes to the crowds. He could point Jaejoong with Donghae easily who were outstandingly dancing like Ginger-Alstair. When he couldn’t locate his Noona, frown formed on his perfectly shaped brows.

“Hmm, Tae... Do you see Kyu-noona?” Minho asked Taemin without looking at her; he felt the wave of panic washed over him because he really didn’t catch any glimpse of her.

He prayed his hyung was not as homicidal as usual at that time.

“No, I don’t, Minho... Ah, maybe we should find Siwon-oppa first.. She is with him, isn’t she?” Taemin clapped her hands while smiling widely.

“WHAT? That freaking SIWON? CHOI SIWON?” Minho’s eyes grew wider and he shrieked. Making the little girl more confused.

“Yeah, you don’t know about it? People have talked about it since a week ago, maybe?” She giggled at his unknown but the boy stared at her eerily in horror.

“Because I never believe in gossips and Kyu-noona didn’t tell me either. I thought, she would be with someone else, but I didn’t think it would be that ing poly-timer, Taemin.” Minho answered in high note of his deep voice.

“Language Min— Hahh? Poly-time? Is that even the right term in dictionary? What do you mean, Minho? And how do you know that?” Taemin asked him innocently, making Minho got the worst headache of the year, as his mind running with too many possibilities of what might have happened.

“I mean, playboy. He is a playboy, Taemin. He is a total disgrace for me. He is my cousin for God’s sake. I’ve known him for more than a decade…” Minho explained. Taemin nodded in understanding as realization hit her.

“So, we should better hurry! We have to find him.” She said while pulling Minho with her. Minho agreed. So both of them were off in the mission called ‘man hunting Siwon’. It was hard to find someone in the overly crowded hall, Minho cursed silently. He had already searched him in the rest room, but he got absolutely nothing. While entering the hall, he felt his temples were going to burst, as he couldn’t spot either him or Kyuhyun. Taemin held his shoulders while soothing him.

When Minho looked at the center hall where people are dancing, he spotted Siwon.

“Taemin, I got him.” He said to Taemin and pointed at the direction with his finger.

“Uh? Yes, there he is... but why is he with... my sister? Where is Kyu-eonni?” Taemin muttered in shock softly, while Minho stared in shocked state to the pair. He felt the urge to kill the playboy right there because he left Kyuhyun. He left her.

He did not know should he be happy or not. He pushed rational thinking to the back of his brain as he felt wrath rushing down his vein.

“That. Bastard.” Minho gritted his teeth. His both hands were trembling in fury. Taemin only could stare at the devious embodiment of demon, the angry Minho. Before Taemin could stop him, Minho sprinted his way to Siwon in a very high pace and in a few seconds, he nailed the playboy’s shoulder. Slicing the crowds into two sides as he passed through it.

 

 

“Where is my Noona?” Minho asked dangerously calm, like a premonition before storm. Siwon with Sungmin stopped their dance.

“Hey, what are you doing, Minho?” Sungmin snorted at him, irritated as he killed the mood. She almost won over Siwon and now that geek’s minion ruined everything.

With a death glare; that screamed ‘shut the hell up’ he silenced her on spot.

“I asked you, you pathetic excuse of a cousin! Where is Kyu-noona?” he asked once more time, slowly, as if he was talking to idiot. Siwon only looked at him.

“I don’t know... I left her at the bar. I think she had left already.” He answered nonchalantly and with such an answer; the hell broke loose.

“What? You insufferable son of a ! You asked her, but why did you leave her there? She is gone now!” Minho screamed his lungs off, with the quality of roughness reverberating in his voice, shocking other pairs around them.

“That’s not my problem anymore. She seemed not enjoying it, anyway.” Siwon then brought Sungmin with him and shrugged away. Minho then grew angrier as he realized what was actually happening.

Sungmin’s happy face.

She seemed like she was winning something. That  has already planned this; she dumped her company as Siwon left Kyu-noona and used the advantage of Kyu-noona’s leaving to get her admired object, which was Siwon. She was at the first time really wanted him, but Siwon looked at Kyu-noona. So, she was jealous. And...

His trails of thought was stopped because he could not think anymore as adrenaline rushed in him, he didn’t even feel Taemin’s presence whom already stood beside him. Minho already had punched Siwon square on his face before anyone could blink and before Taemin could hold him. The crowds hadn’t realize the commotion.

Having been taught basic martial art by Hankyung, Minho grabbed Siwon’s collar, and punched him once again and sent him across the dance floor. That time, the crowds knew the fight. They stopped dancing and watched the intense brawl.

“Minho, stop it! Please!” Taemin screamed, since she couldn’t meddle with ferocious beast being unleashed, but he didn’t hear her.

Siwon also fought back, in hell he would lose his bloody pride to his younger cousin. Therefore, it seemed like a real match. Both cousins were already beating each other on the carpeted floor. Blood splattered and their precious tuxedos were already torn and ripped off. They were equally strong.

While on the other side of the room, Jae caught someone talking about Minho and she got the words like fighting, mess, balcony, and brawling along the lines. Donghae was eating cakes beside her, ignorant to the world. She tugged Donghae’s arm.

“Donghae, I think we have to see what happened there. People were talking about Minho! Hurry up!” Jae said in panic tone. While Donghae kept eating the Blue Velvet like the world might end the second he stopped eating his cake. Damn his sweet tooth.

“Easy, Jae... Let me finish this beauty, ow! You’re so delicious, little blue baby... AUCH!” Before Donghae could put the last piece of his blue cheese cake in his mouth, Jae grabbed him by the back of his collar, twisting his neck a little, and dragged him with her. She hiked her long gown so she could walk faster. People there watched over her because she showed her pretty legs and her antics bringing her friends by his neck, while Donghae tried to break her strong grip. Even though, Jaejoong’s arms were thin and delicate, as the daughter of Shim she was also a strong woman, not as strong and destructive as her brother though.

" YOU CHOI SIWON!"

Donghae knew very well the owner of the voice. It was the magnae of the group. What the hell was Minho thinking? Was he out of his mind? And since when did he so fond on using profanity? Hankyung needed to discipline him more.

“Jae, I—I can’t... breathe!” Donghae said chokingly. Jae loosened her grip, “Sorry! Let's go!” was the only thing she said. Jae grabbed Donghae’s wrist and with him tried to pry the crowds so she could see what the hell was happening. When she saw bruised face -of her little brother, Minho, she demanded with her high-pitched voice.

“Minho! What in the bloody hell are you doing, you obsolete brat?”

Both the brawlers and the audiences looked at her. Her shocked face was very cute, but not so long. It turned very menacing, intimidating and simply scary.

“Donghae, bring him on with us and Minho, we need a talk.” She ordered. Her unusual deep voice was full of power. The crowds were stepping back; they knew it was dangerous when a Shim was angry and Minho fidgeting on his feet, while Siwon couldn’t move his muscle as a very scary pair of black eyes were daggering him to place with intensity of murderous glare. That was one of the scary sides of Shim Jaejoong.

Donghae pulled bruised Minho, crouching him, and Sungmin helped Siwon to stand. Taemin who was crying, sobbed. She became sober as the very beautiful yet scary Lady had succeeded on stopping angry fist-fight between Minho and Siwon. At that time, the crowds were not as quiet as it should be, because their eyes were staring at newly arrived couple. It was the dashing tall man with a beauty lass. People never thought that perfect pair from heaven existed, but seeing the two, they knew they were perfect match made from heaven. The young man walked forward to dark Shim Jaejoong, with the brunette beauty right next to his side. His equal.

“Nee—noona, what happened?” Changmin asked Jaejoong. His hard eyes trained on bloody figures on the centre of attention.

 

Flashback

 

“Minnie, calm down... they will become suspicious if you keep hugging me to death like a baby dinosaur.” Jae chuckled as she hugged back her big baby brother. Changmin unwillingly released her with a very solemn face. His perfect face was paler and it was obviously to Jae that her brother was skinnier. She touched her fingers along his jaw.

“It’s not like you, poor baby brother of mine... I feel so sad to see you like this; you don’t have to suffer... Just do what you want to do, baby! As your sister, I’ll be on your back…” She smiled warmly. Changmin only could nod in his silence.

His sister really knew him, and always be the one who understands faster even better than his parents.

“Now, now! Lets come in, I’ve cooked you your favorite dishes. You seriously need more nutrition here!” She patted his shaped stomach and receiving light-hearted laughter from him.

“Neechan, I’m not a kid anymore!” He laughed, but his sister grinned sarcastically.

“Say whatever you like. Remember that I am still your older sibling! And we better hurry, before Minho inhales all your foods into his bottomless stomach.” With those soothing words, Changmin led her to his apartment. He smiled lovingly at her back, while the kind Lady was calling Minho and Kyuhyun for evening dishes.

“Thank you God, for sending me an angel like Neechan. Please give her a happy life eternally.” Changmin silently prayed.

***

 

Ting!

“Hold on, Neechan!” Changmin ran to his apartment door and opened it for his sister. The Lady was leaning on the wall with boxes and bags beside her. He laughed upon her tired face.

“Haah... Do you know what, Minnie. Your beloved best friend was such a thick-skulled fashion disaster. My masterpiece is not going to work with her! She kept fussing me to allow her wearing a mask and pretty insistent at that.” Jae’s pouty face was priceless and always made Changmin laughed.

“Ahahahaha! You have a huge part in her weird behavior, Neechan. She disguises herself as a nerdy, it is more normal than being a boy.” Changmin helped her with boxes and bags and pulled her with him. The door was closed automatically and locked.

“Aish, stop talking about that, silly! Those are the dark chapters of being woman!” Jae muttered softly. She sat on the sofa and untied her scarf, also put out her zircon colored coat. Changmin came out from his room after had put his sister’s belongings and went to the kitchen making tea for his sister.

“Neechan, what will you like in your tea? Honey? Milk or Herbs?” Changmin leaned his head from the counter. Jae shouted, “Milk and Honey!” then Changmin disappeared. It only took a full fifteen minutes for him to serve the tea. He put the cup on the glass table in front of Jae who was watching Playhouse Disney Channel.

“Neechan… Seriously? How old are you now? If my estimating are right, you are almost freaking 20! And you still watch Disney’s?” Changmin laughed at her antics. She smiled happily

“Because I always love children and their happy world!” was her usual answer. Changmin sighed and sat beside her. Jae turned her head and patted Changmin’s head while ruffling it.

“Thanks for the tea, Baby Brother.” She cooed him, while Changmin growled under his breath and re-shaped his ruffled hair. Jae took a sip of her tea, it really was a good thing to soothe her nerve, especially her brother’s handmade. She always loved to have tea, as she was a half Japanese too.

“Changmin, let’s talk about something.” Jae started the conversation. Changmin then looked at her. “What is it, Neechan?”

“This evening, the ball will be started... And I’m wondering whether you’ll come. Minho told me that you are invited by him. And I’ll be happy if youcome, you can come with me.” Jae said softly as tender as a mother could be. Changmin stared at his hands for a while.

“I don’t know Neechan… and I don’t want to make Donghae-hyung misses his ballroom dance with his lovely best friend...” he put some sarcasm at the word lovely.

“Don’t worry, Neechan. I’ll do fine.” Changmin answered in a full tone. Its raw finesse made Jae quiet and she stared right through into his eyes looking for rebellion but she found nothing.

“Ok, I trust you, Minnie. Just remember... Just do what do want to do and you think it’s the right thing to do.” She caressed his shoulder and Changmin smiled at her as she left for the kitchen.

“Thank you, Neechan...” he smiled.

End of the flashback

 

the third part should be out by tomorrow~