Heart, Mind, and Soul

Misplaced

 

CHOI MINHO [M]

He was born in December 9th. He was 19 in 2012. The only son of Choi. Siwon's cousin. Playful but actually a responsible man

 

Flashback.

Rrrr...

Changmin’s cell phone was vibrating as he sat on his fluffy couch waiting for his two best friends. He showed a gentle smile as he checked at the caller id slightly and pressed the held button. It was a call from his beloved pretty sister, Jae-neechan.

“Nee-chan! What’s it?” Changmin greeted his sister happily. It was a long week not seeing the pretty lass. His mind snapped when he heard sobs from his sister.

Mi—Minnie... Help me.”

His sister’s voice was hoarse and ragged. Pained as if she was almost being murdered. Instinctively, the youngest Shim stood up and shrieked in panic.

“Jae-nee, tell me! What’s it? Are you alright? Did someone try to molest you again? I’ll get there as fast as lightening can reach you, so tell me where you’re now!” Changmin grabbed his black Aston Martin Vanquish car’s key. He didn’t care if he had to pull the string to break the law for underage driving and without license, it was his sister. His very precious and beloved sister.

Jae, in her car, wiped her tears and tried so hard to control her emotion. “I’m ‘kay, Minie. Don’t worry too much. I’m driving to your apartment now. So, wait there, ne? I’ll be there in 5 minutes.”

Changmin put the key back on his reading table and pinched his nose bridge—trying to be calm. “Okay, nee-chan! Be careful, ne!” He was answered by a hum and the smooth sound of roaring accelerated machine.

After a long 5 minutes—which felt like forever for Changmin—the oldest Shim arrived and without pressing the bell button, she opened the door. She ran to her standing brother and hugged the very tall boy immediately. She cried loudly on his chest, the boy who had relieved his shock, hugged back his sister. He trailed the girl’s long straight jet black hair.

“Minnie, I messed the things up. I really can’t do anything. I’m useless.” She hiccupped as she lifted her teary face. Her red and swollen eyes were brimmed in pool of tears. The boy pitied her then brought her to sit on the couch, strode to take a glass of fresh water and gave a box of tissue to her.

The girl then could overtake herself, giving the boy a mouthly thank you. She relaxed herself for a while and after that took a deep breath. The boy smiled softly.

“Jae-neechan, I’ve never seen you like this before. The Nee-chan I know won’t ever just give in. What kind of ty problem does my beautiful sister have now? You almost gave a quite powerful shock to make the overly handsome brother of you getting an early death you know!” He teased lightly.

Jae let out a dry laugh. Her opaque orbs running nervously at her clasped hands and her dainty fingers.

“Minnie, dad is going to get a bankrupt. And all of this was because of me.”

She sobbed again. The boy was stunned. He pushed the urge to say something.

“Someone stole the ‘document’, and.... the ‘document’ was really untracked. You know very well, that it has five codes to open the software. There are 5 people holding the keys. First were daddy, and then me.  Also those three people from the big 3 companies.” She cried.

“They had taken my key, Minnie. I’m so scared.” She closed her face with her hand palm.

“Dad, he told me to take the hold of the company. But I don’t know anything about business, Minnie. I was born to be artist. I only understand how to make people happy and be passionate at entertaining myself and people.”  Her voice creaked from her hours of weeping.

“And… I swear by God, I never know anything about the necklace from Mom—which they stole—contains a small code for the ‘document’, Min. I don’t know what to do. I really want to die now. I can’t do this.”

Jae buried her face between her palms. “People’s life is in my hand, the wrong person’s hand. They and their family, with wives and cute children… Their future, Min...”

She was weeping. Her porcelain-like face was drenched in tears until she spent almost the whole tissues in the box. Changmin looked at her and listened to her carefully, he really knew that his sister was a very motherly person. She would cry for a baby’s cry, and would hold the baby whenever the mother was not in sight. She even couldn’t kill the particular insect she was afraid of, cockroaches.

Changmin went to hug his sister. He hummed the song she used to sing as a lullaby for him, “Nee-chan.  I really understand your position. And I will die if I see you like this. So, please calm down for a while okay? Don’t be panic. I’ll help you finding the way out.” They stilled at their position until the young woman calmed herself down again. She sobbed but didn’t let any tears out. The boy himself was in a deep thought.

The boy then let his sister free from his embrace; he kneeled in front of his sister. He held her small hands, “Nee-chan, I will put your burden on my shoulder. Let me do the task. I’m studying the business and management, and as the only son of Shim Jong Kook. I will be the gentleman, who is taking his responsibility in the best way. I will enroll to the school of business where Hankyung-hyung had attended before he took the Cho coorporation and made it a business kingdom. I won’t let this beautiful sister of mine die young out of stress and depression. Okay?” He smiled wisely and as lovely as he could, only for his sister and his beloved people.

“But, Minnie, it will hurt Kyunnie’s heart. She needs you and Minho too. I can’t separate you from the two, Minnie. I can’t. No! You have to enroll the same school with Kyunnie and Minho. I can’t” She shed tears again.

Shhhh... Don’t block my way, Nee-chan. I know what I’m doing and choosing now. They will understand when I tell to them in the right time. I promise you. About Minho and Kyu, they will be just fine without me. I will keep tutoring that dummy and regularly meet Kyunnie-baby, Noona.” He grinned as he explained her about his plan.

“Minnie, I can’t let it happen. Kyunnie will hurt, she and you are inseparable. I can see clearly... that…” The young feline stopped as the younger boy looked at her and frowned.

“You can clearly see what, Nee-chan?” He asked in full confusion.

“Minnie, you never tell lie, and the most gracious person and brother I’ve ever had.  Tell me....” She held the boy’s shoulder and shook it firmly, she looked at him with such a stare who will melt the coldest ice in the world,

You love her, Minnie. You love Kyunnie. Am I right?

The latter was shocked until he froze in spot. “What?”

“You love her, right?” she repeated.

The boy lowered his head in shy manner and stammered. “I... I—”

“You never tell lie, Minnie. Just spit it out naturally from your heart. ”She touched his broad chest where his heart was beating rapidly.

“Nee-chan... I can’t love her. She’s my best friend.  And yes, I have this feeling of caring her more than myself, fully. Unconditionally. But I can’t. I must not…” He shook his head. His dark, hurtful eyes showed the strong dedication he kept for not loving his gorgeous best friend.

“It’s not forbidden, Minnie. I can see, deep in her heart, she cares for you so much. She loves you deeply too. Why can’t? It’s not a sin, dear Brother.” She said softly.

“I can’t, Nee-chan. I just can’t. We can’t easily read people’s mind. And you’re not a mind reader either.” He was keeping up his unchangeable decision. Oh little did he know.

“Hhh, you’re just in denial, Minnie. You two will find out, and I really pray for you two.” She sighed heavily. Her swollen eyes shows the love for her brother and another the girl.

“And, I can’t let you take this burden alone, Minnie. You’re still so young and yet... so bright.” She caressed the boy’s forehead until his strong masculine jaw line. She smiled sadly.

 “I can’t let those demons stealing the happiness away from my previously very cute chubby and yet so manly handsome brother” she mused in feather whisper. The young man pouted.

“You always teased me for being chubby back then, Nee-chan! I’m not a kid anymore now. And not chubby.” The girl then laughed merrily. Her voice jingled like Christmas bells.

Nose still red. Jaejoong gave her baby brother a faint smile. “Yes, you have grown into fine man, Minnie.”

“Nee-chan, I thank you so much for everything you’ve done to me since I was a baby. You gave me the motherly love which I couldn’t get as the son of the biggest conglomerate in this country. You sacrificed yourself for me, and I owed you so much. And now is my turn to pay it back to you. It can’t even equally pay my debt to you. Nee-chan, just please...”

 He begged full-heartedly, until the girl in front of him cried for the nth time that day. She nodded and hugged the boy, whispering.  “Thank you so much, Minnie. Thanks. I’m so sorry, really sorry. I’m useless.”

The boy patted her back and hummed the continuation of his sister’s made lullaby. They kept like that. The angels up there in the sky envied the strong bond of love that they had. Even the dark clouds were weeping droplets of water that soon turned into heavy rain drenching the busy city as if even the nature was crying for them.

After that, the young woman cooked the boy’s favorite. Japanese ramen and other Japanese cuisines. They ate in peace and laughter. Such a fine calm day before the storm hits and ruins it.

***

Months later

A well polished black classic car was parked in the middle of crowd in a certain high school ground where Minho and Kyuhyun with her damsel-in-disguise attire were enrolling. The Black Porsche 365 A was taking the students’ attention, and the car itself was indeed very scandalous and the person who came out from the German Rain Frog was the definition of scandal itself.

The very tall young man with straight brown locks made the kingkas of the school looked like grumpy old pops. He owned a pair of dark hypnotizing orbs which were clouded by long lashes and perfectly lined eyebrows. He had fine high check bones. His face was featured with straight pointed nose and thin curved lips. His strong jaw made him looked manly and yet gentle in same time. His athletic body build was complimented with those broad shoulders and slender body. His very long legs swayed long steps which brought him in to the building.

Every single eye of boys and girls were directed to him—the centre of attention. But he took no care, because he had an urgent matter; to find the school’s youngest kingka and a certain over-protected nerd. He looked around to find those crazy-brained best friends of him.

From the corner of his eyes, he caught a glimpse of familiar caramel braided tresses walking out to canteen with a bulky boy accompanying her. Rage burnt his vision and his brows burrowed inside. He fastened his steps as he approached her, he was indeed jealous.

‘Who the hell is that boy? How could he talk so casually and touch his Baby?!’ He grabbed the girl’s skinny wrist and turned her to face him. Yanking her frail figure to come in contact with his—showing possession. The girl was shocked to see him in the most impossible place for him to set his foot into, as if it was a dream came true then she blinked so many times. Half hoping this was just her hallucination out of weeks without him be by her side.

“Hey! Let her go, freak!” the boy who was with her scolded him. The latter boy hit him with icing and murderous glare, until the boy was frozen in spot. Scarred for life.

“No, Siwon-sshi. He’s my dear friend, and Minho’s too.” She explained with mixed emotions dancing in her round eyes, her face showed nothing but in the tone of her voice slipped hint happiness and joy.

“Minnie, what brings you here?” she asked as a bright smile plastered all over her face. The boy’s voice was hoarse and solemnly sad, barely audible if she might add, as if there was something stuck in his throat.

“Kyunnie, Jae-neechan is now in hospital. It’s attempted murder. They tried to kill her in her apartment last night. Fortunately, she could run away even though she got stabbed. She was helped by Jung Sooyoung.”

Kyuhyun cringed from the death grip Changmin gave to her skinny wrist. But she remained calm and composed. She knew, Changmin was now not in his best. She had to stay strong. For him.

He stared at her with eyes full of unshed tears. His hold was weakened and he trembled, until his voice was gone into broken desperate whispers.

“Please... Just this time, you have to be absent, with Minho too. Please. I need you.” He pleaded with a spider-thread thin smile. Waiting to be broken.

The girl couldn’t give any response, in a second she ran to her class and dragged the confused younger boy and their bags with her. When she reached the canteen with shocked Minho on her wheel, she grabbed Changmin’s hand and turned her head to Siwon.

Little did she notice, Changmin and Siwon were having a staring contest. Minho who noticed the foul atmosphere bit the back of his cheek.

“Siwon-sshi, I’m sorry I can’t accompany you having lunch today. Maybe later. My beloved sister is sick. I have to go now.”

The nerdy-looking-girl dragged the shocked youngest of the group, while Changmin clinging to her hand like it was his lifeline. She went to the administrative office with the two boys by her side to take the absence permission and drove straight to the hospital where Shim Jaejoong was laying unconscious.

The youngest Shim drove carefully, even his face showed his misery and unspoken pain. The girl looked at him with sympathetic sad eyes and held his hand which was holding the gear’s stick firmly, making the boy calmer. And Minho, who sat alone on the back seat, let out a warm smile watching the two. His heart prayed for them. God, I’m not a good kid. I often ask for too much too. But now, please grant my prayer... they are inseparable and a match made from heaven, please… please make them happy, together.

After the deafening silence they spent in their way to the hospital. The car then arrived safely. Changmin ordered a valet and rushed himself with his two best friends to the 10th floor where his sister was being taken care.

***

The sounds of clacking footsteps were echoed through the hospital’s corridor. It was the 6th day from Shim Jaejoong’s attacking incident. The news was full of the investigation, and the police even asked for Interpol’s help. It was expected since she was the daughter of infamous businessman… and a model.

The room’s door was clicked open, showing a pretty brunette in sundress bringing a bucket of fresh red roses for the beautiful lady laying on the modern hospital bed.

“Jae-unnie! How’s your feeling?” The cheerful Kyu put the roses in the vase on the table nearby the door and approached the woman who smiled her trademark gentle smile to her.

“I’m okay. I can even walk now! Those doctors are great.” She mused.

“Ah! Jae-unnie, where’s Minnie?” her eyes scanned the whole room searching for a certain boy with his mismatched eyes. The latter chuckled.

“He’ll arrive soon, Baby. He’s having breakfast in Hospital canteen, Kyunnie! Come, sit here!” Jae ordered the brunette. Then the two had the morning chit-chat while waiting for the heir of Shim to finish his morning foods.

 

TBC

a/n[nekoikoi]: Sorry for the super short and super late update. It's just i don't even have enough time to breath right now! Thanks to Vivian. She has been very patient with me and my hectic schedule lately :/ sorry.

a/n[Muneca]: Huweeee I miss Nekoi!!! She's so busy, and I'm going to be busy too :"( But, we'll try our best to keep up ;D