Brewing Storm (A)

Misplaced

Lee Sungmin [F]

She was born in January 1st. She was 21 in 2012. The oldest daughter of Lee. Taemin's older sister. Actually a kind and caring person. Conceited and a huge drama-queen.


[Cho Hankyung’s Apartment]

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." Hankyung mused as he tore his gaze from the bustling nightlife of Seoul underneath him. It was nice to have private apartment room on 27th floor. Well, if only he could have it all to himself. He sighed an exasperated sigh. He focused his gaze to the bastard that had interrupted his short nap abruptly just because (he thought he can) he was lost and somewhat drunk. This hypocritical man, Hankyung dared to bet his sarcasm-coated-words didn’t go through that thick skull of his, was always full of himself.

"Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy's Pamphlets? It's unexpected of you to have interest in that kind of literature, Black Dragon." Yunho snickered as he took a sip of his last glass of Gin. He did not notice a smear of distaste flickered on the oldest Cho’s dark eyes.

“And I don’t think you have the audacity to read words of wisdom.”

Point taken, Yunho was thickheaded .

Hankyung rubbed his temple as he threw himself on one of his leather couch. "Who told you to come here? It's two in the morning, you scoundrel."

"You are the one who told me to catch the earliest flight to Korea.” Jung Yunho chuckled. “Whose fault is it again? The party that young rich bastard threw in Tokyo was awesome fuuuuun."

“Too bad I have to leave early.” The oldest son of Jung mumbled as he took a bottle of Cognac from the bar. The bar provides dozens of different types of liquors. Expensive ones. Courtesy of Hankyung’s crazy drinking habit.

String of curses including 'irresponsible bastard' and 'sick man ' filled the quiet air as Hankyung throw his iPad to Yunho's head, which was fortunately (or unfortunately in Hankyung’s case) missing its target by a few inches and landed on a cushion.

"Stop raiding my bar." Hankyung furrowed his brows. "You will be diagnosed with cirrhosis soon if you have no intention of breaking that drinking habit of yours."

“Say... pot calling the kettle black.”

Jackpot.

Cho Hankyung scoffed. Being Jung Yunho's best man is never easy. And he absolutely did not sign for this job.

"Loosen up, dude! Come join me! I know this hot chic—" Absolutely.

He jabbed The Jung unconscious with calculated chop of his hand and rendered the the player his needed long sleep.

At least he won't bother me again until morning. And The Cho retreated to his chamber.


[Jung Corporation]

Unfriendly cold wind blew from every direction, making people saggy and frustratingly moody, but the harsh weather did not have any power on crumbling the will of a certain young lady. Strong. Stubborn.

 A young lady in a latte colored coat was walking out from a parking area. Firm footsteps echoed in constant rhythm. Her shiny light brown hair was styled into a straight bob cut with an amethyst encrusted hairpin tucked a few wild strands neatly. Her black orbs were glimmering with a strong faith and determination. Her lips were shades of cherry-blossom. No one in the street realized that the young lady used to be the infamous model, Shim Jae-Joong. Going undercover. And she felt proud of the change she could make on her superficial appearance.

Once she arrived at a very huge building named Jung's Corporation Main Building, she fastened her steps to a rest room. Then, she put up a pair of dark brown colored lenses on her black orbs. And with a very dignified smile she walked out to the HRD room.

In her handbag, there were a map of curriculum vitae, purse, phone and some basic cosmetics. She opened it to ease her nervousness while she was waiting for her name being called by the woman in purple suit for the interview as the last step of Jung Corp.’s secretary hiring.

There were three women and two men in the same , all of them were older than the ex-supermodel. But, since they didn't know who she really was, that included her actual age, they thought of her as a beginner which resulted in them underestimating the young lady. If they knew who she was, they might be suffering from self-confidence deficiency. Oh, how much she loves being an underdog.

"Kim Jaejoong, please follow me!" The lady in purple finally called her name and Jaejoong raised from her seating position immediately. As she walked through the queue chairs, the others were whispering to one another scandalously about her name.

"Didn't you hear that? She has the same name with the supermodel Shim Jaejoong, do they somehow related?" Or is it her? One of the woman asked the other women. Jaejoong could hear her implicit question hanging on the air. She scoffed internally

"I don't think so, can't you see,” the woman eyed her form with mirth in her eyes, “her attires were cheap looking! Like sky and earth. Simply impossible! You know Shim Jaejoong is a very rich lady!" The woman named Min-ah sneered softly.

Jaejoong who heard that right before the door closed, just sighed loudly. She knew how society works. Society is mundanely superficial but I never get used to it. And will never be. Then she remembered that she was in a company of other living person. It was fortunate enough that the purple woman didn't seem to pay a heed on her.

That's me, I'm the Shim Jaejoong. If it's not about me being a target for assassination and my whole family with other people in danger, I won't leave my beloved job. Her heart screamed. She did not like this. Not being herself. But nothing escaped her blank escapade, carefully she maintained her dignified composure.

I must do this, as the way to protect my family... And especially my younger brother; Minnie. She raised her head highly and faced the opening huge oak door.

She was ready to face the ugliest of the world, literally everything.


"Mr.Jung, this is Miss Kim Jaejoong. Miss Kim, you may enter and sit on the designated chair." The lady in purple said while taking her leave. Jaejoong replied her with a curt nod and a smile.

Jaejoong now was in the room of Jung's CEO. She sat calmly facing a wide black table. There were exactly six men in black, none other than the heads of the company, sitting in circular pattern. She could not tell whom was the CEO etcetera. They all had that calm facade Hankyung used to wear during his important meeting. But her eyes caught the youngest occupant other than her. A fine man around her age. Sitting right across the room.

"Please explain yourself, Miss Kim." Asked a bald old man on the right corner in French. Jaejoong gave her signature warm smile before answering in composed tone.

She didn't know that across her, a pair of dark mahony colored orbs was watching her intently with mild curiosity dancing within them.

"My name is Kim Jaejoong. I was born in *** on ******. I'm now 23 years old. I was graduated from ***** University in Russia. I can speak seven language fluidly; Korean, Cantonese, English, French, Spanish, Germany and Russian. I'm very calm and capable person, and I can do multi-tasking well and manage nicely working under-pressure. I'm good in art, especially designing." She fluently answered in the same manner, using exactly the same foreign tongue, making the men eyed her incredulously. With a small cough from the bald old man, the interview continued.

They didn't know that Jaejoong could speak so many languages, courtesy of her modelling job and her passion in entertaining people. She thought that communication was the first one in handy in order to entertain people. And until that time she still learned other language such as Indonesian, Arabic, Swedish, even Croatian.

"Thank you, Miss Jaejoong. You may take your leave, we'll contact you in a week." The youngest man, the one sat at the end of table closed her interview. The one who had been silent the entire time Jaejoong conducted her interview.

He reminded her of her childhood friend some way. Maybe it was just his calculative and aloof demeanor.

Out of habit, Jae gave him a very warm smile. Followed with a curt bow then she left.

Completely obvious to the man's stupefied reaction.

An expression worth Hankyung's a month income. Which was a lot.


He didn't acknowledge this, he definitely would never admit that; since the first time that Kim Jaejoong entered the room, he had been staring at her, smitten by her radiant smile and enchanting dark eyes. And yes, Yunho had to recognize, despite her plain attire, she has a figure to die for.

Tall and curvy. Well hidden behind a farce of fashion.

No, ogling would be the best word to describe it. 

He, the ultimate playboy Jung Yunho, was falling into Kim Jaejoong's charm immediately. A normal, plain girl.

She'd never know of this. Anyone would never. Never.

Gone rigid. He forced a scary facade of a Highness painted his expression, never showing any indication of attraction. His pride refused to relent.

A player like him would never fall for a skimpy, ordinarily plain girl.

.

.

.

If only he knew how 'ordinary' she was.


She kept her mask on while leaving the building and managed just fine until she arrived at the parking lot.

In save haven in the form of her car, she dropped everything. Face bared of raw emotions, eyes turned very hopeful with a spark of sadness.

"Oh my Lord, I just wish they'll hire me so I can keep this despicable facade to protect them." She whispered sadly, leaning her head on the steering wheel.

Making sure no one was around, she pulled out the wig so her natural shiny jet black hair was flowing like a black river on her back. The wig was her bane, it made her scalp itchy and Jaejoong had been waiting to get rid of it.

Carefully, she put out the lenses and then drove the car to her brother's apartment.

A little sanctuary before nagging Hankyung with his terrible eating habit the next day.


[flashback]

[Cho's private residence]

Cho Hankyung was well-known for being a fearless man. He could as much as raising his eyebrow under an assassination attempt. But it was entirely different matter when an angry, fuming Cho Kyuhyun glared at him with accusatory look.

"Why did you do it?"

Hankyung let a tired sigh out. "Kyu, don't be stubborn. It's for your safety."

"Safety my ." He could identify anger and desperation in her mock-insult. And he knew, she did not mean it.

"Language. Minho is rubbing on you."

"Sorry." But her tone ruined her already half-hearted apology.

Cho Kyuhyun has exactly the same complexion as her older brother, save the cold mannerism. She had lighter shade of hair, but other than that, the two was a replica of each other.

It means personality wise. And Cho Hankyung hated to learn this.

It was hard to face people with similar personality. And the other party being his only sister did not make things easier either.

"It's futile attempt, Brother."  Sooner or later I'd learn of it and you know that.

Yes, he knew of it. Hankyung reached for her hand on his desk. "Is it wrong for a brother to hope for his only sister's safety?"

Kyuhyun cringed in guilt. She might be innocent, but she isn't an imbecile. "How about Minnie? Jae-eonnie?"

His grip on her frail hands tightened a little. "I tried to protect them—"

"From the shadow. But you left me in a cage of ignorance, Han-oppa." So little faith in your younger sister. It hurts me.

Her eyes looked sad, and betrayed. He did not like that. It was not his intention to hurt his sister's feeling. "I am sorry."

Her whole expression brighten up a little. "Okay. I understand. It's just—"

"I'm not ready to expose you to danger," he elaborated, "especially if I did not know what is actually going on."

Her warm eyes narrowed a little. Hankyung knew she caught the implication.

"You know now." She stated. "You are getting the hang of this case."

She searched for answer in her older brother's eyes. He stared back at her, clenching her grip on his hand. She had found her answer.

"You have identified the mastermind, haven't you?" She called with determined look on . "Han-oppa."

He did not answer her that time.


[Choi's manor]

The television was filled with shocking news, considering how cheap news nowadays it was surprising. Every single stake holder of Shim company were being murdered by a mysterious organization, in a span of three days. The killer left no evidence but a dragon carved on the flesh of victim's hand.

A dragon in the color of blood.

Donghae could feel the nausea just by looking at the bloodied hand. With trembling hands and dizzy vision he filled his cup and drank his mineral water. Forcing the bill in his throat to disappear.

Jae and Changmin were horror-stricken, could only freeze on their seat. Kyuhyun, being a caring person she is, hurriedly went to Shim Changmin's side and gave him his needed comfort. While Minho put his hand on Jaejoong's shivering shoulder in comforting gesture while blocking her from the frightening sight.

Donghae was an observative man. He prided himself on his ability to read people emotion. He noticed turmoil in Changmin's eyes. Kyuhyun's desperation. Jaejoong's guilt and Minho's determination. And yet, the man sitting in front of him showed nothing as his black calculative eyes scanned the news with unreadable expression. He seemed as much as unaffected by the news.

If he did not know any better, he would call him heartless bastard, but he noticed. Despite his flawless calm composure. Hankyung was furious.

The crack on the glass in his hand was enough evidence.

Cho Hankyung was an epitome, but for Lee Donghae, he was just a loving brother and caring friend.

The news ruined their small get together in Minho's place. On the first place, it was fortunate enough for them to be gathered in a place once given this kind of situation. Donghae mused for how long they could stay together like this.

Actually, it was one of Hankyung's schemes, so that there were hands protecting Jaejoong and Changmin even if it was in the form of their martial arts enhanced best friends. It was good that Shim Jong Kook and his wife were now under the protection of FBI, in the witness protection program. Thanks for Donghae's involvement and Cho Hankyung's right hand man's unique ways of negotiations (which involving 'sweet' talk Donghae did not bother to know. It was disturbing). In the end, they were sent away to a very safe place.

However, the news did not fail on giving both Shim's children a shock of a lifetime. Jae, being a soft lady she is, was having quite a mental break down while her more composed younger brother, Changmin, was at the state of lost.

Kyuhyun held Changmin, hiding his face on her neck. Forcefully, diverting his attention from the damned news. In return Changmin hugged her, seeking warm and comfort which the former was giving unconditionally. Donghae did not want to know what happenes next with those two dense brats. He averted his eyes to where Hankyung was and only found him on his way to a sniffing Lady Shim.

Sighing, Minho turned the television off. Hankyung had reached Jaejoong, she gladly accepted her best friend's comforting gesture. Silently, he convinced her to take a rest and escorted her to their shared room. Before vanishing to the stair, Hankyung sent The Lee and Choi a cryptic look.

And he understood what the The Cho had wanted.

It's time for scheming and he, Lee Donghae, loves it.


Hankyung felt offended. Dragon has always been his pseudonym. His sacred animal. And this poor murderer imposing a great name over his low deeds. He did not like it. Not at all.

He had sent Kyuhyun to tell Jaejoong what her role would be. To explain everything.

And yes, he trusted his younger sister to get involved deeper because he knew she had the gut and will of steel.

Their plan was simple. He had disclosed almost everything that he had learnt to them. The name of the man behind the screen. [Code name; G-Dragon]. The criminal's background and how he had dug every single corner of underground community to get the man's dirt.

The worst was, he did not know what his motive was. And he left no evidence. A well, calculated, professional syndicate. He told them, that without any plausible evidences, their effort would be futile.

Donghae, unusually calm, suggested that the plan must consist of Jae taking a break from the world of showbiz and find another job. A safe, not flashy kind of job.

He also gave her a few reccomendations. Including Jung Yunho's. Hankyung felt a bitter feeling at this. None of his circle knew he was best friend with the Jung and he had no intention of telling them until the right time arrives. But for sure, working under Jung Yunho would provide the best security for Shim Jaejoong.

The rest of the plan had been channeling between Hankyung and Donghae's involvement in managing The Shim and running the investigation deeper while cutting [G-Dragon]'s access in every turn.

He had insisted the younger three should have just focused on their study despite their blatant refusal to the idea. In the end they submitted to his will.

He had noticed them before hand for their help incase the older males need their help. Telling them to stay alert and never letting their guard down.

The usually air-headed Minho also suggested Changmin to take a part-time job and going low for a couple of month. Which both Changmin and Hankyung approved immediately. Since it would divert G-Dragon's focus from The Shim siblings.

Moreover, he'd never tell but he, Cho Hankyung, had been determined to gather G-Dragon's focus on him. So he could destroy him.

Ripping him to shreds.

[end of flashback]


[Changmin's apartment]

Jaejoong was content at staying with her brother and maybe tomorrow she'd stay at Hankyung's. Most of her belongings had already been moved, by the logistic trio; Minho, Changmin and shockingly Taemin.

Actually she had been a nomad. So basically her main belongings are packed into a backpack in her backseat.

Oh yeah, the sudden involvement of Lee Taemin. The timid shy girl also lent her hand to help The Shim moving out. It seemed her relationship with stupid Minho has been progressing smoothly.

And she wondered when Changmin and Kyuhyun would do the same. Maybe several years to the future.

As she arrived, she had expected him to be home. Scanning the empty apartment, she realized that Changmin wasn't there (the Hell so-called-school was finally off, Changmin used to say), and it made her wondering. Maybe he was late again. School had been harsh on him lately.

She decided to cook dinner for both of them, after all spoiling her gluttonous brother at times would not hurt.

Pulling the refrigerator, she noticed there was a sticky note on her peripheral vision. Curiously, she tucked it off and read it.

'In case you are wondering. No, I'm not kidnapped. Searching for a job. You know abt school's internship program and stuff. Don't worry. Be home at dinner time. -Minnie'

Jae giggled at her brother's choice of words. He just never grew up in that aspect. Witty and adorable brother.

Eventhough she had vocally disagreed with his (or their) decision to take a part time job, the young devil kept his head as hard as a mountain rock.

Encouragement from Hankyung did not help her cause either. Only God knows how much Changmin looked up to her best friend.

Swallowing the sudden urge to cry, she took the apron and puffed her cheeks.

Changmin oh-so going to have a serious stomachache tomorrow.

She emptied the refrigerator and magically turned fresh ingredients into her brother favourite foods; a big portion of unagi rice bowl, Yu-Do fu, Obanzai, Bubuzuke, and Kyokaiseki.

He is so going to have a terrible stomachache. She smiled mischievously.


[a/n: we are backkkkkkk! fufufu. Sorry for the super delayed update! Thank you for yer patience! We appreciate constructive criticism. Enjoy!]