I Understand.

Love is Blind.

 

The next morning when Junhyung awoke, he was completely alone in the bedroom that wasn’t his own. He remembered last night so clearly, as if it had happened only seconds previously. He remembered every word that was exchanged and how Hyunseung’s body rested upon his, how his hair tickled his skin ever so slightly and how his shallow breaths sounded in the completely silent darkness. He rolled over to his side to face the edge of the bed, on the bedside table there was a single piece of scrap paper which as he picked it up and looked at it, said: Junhyung, I’ve had to leave, please go home as soon as you wake up – please do not look around my apartment. HS.

Slightly offended that Hyunseung thought he was rude enough to go snooping around his private possessions and affairs around his home, Junhyung felt sad. He wondered where Hyunseung had gone, he didn’t have a job and it was a Saturday so he couldn’t have any classes for University. Maybe he had an appointment or arranged to meet someone – or maybe it was his sister he was seeing even though he’d seen her last night. Junhyung sighed, he’d have to leave quickly in case Hyunseung came home and was angry he was still there despite being awake. He slapped himself round the face a couple of times to wake his skin up, and then pulled himself to his feet. The hangover was non-existent thankfully and his head had stopped aching. After dressing, he grabbed his phone and wallet which had been placed on the bedside table and made for the front door. As he was leaving the bedroom, all of a sudden there was a knock on the door before he could reach it. Unaware of what to do, Junhyung cautiously stepped forward and slightly opened the door.

“Who are you?” The person at the door asked.

Junhyung recognised him as Hyunseung’s friend Yoseob that he’d met a while ago. Yoseob had been the one who had told him parts of Hyunseung’s story and was also in the picture that he kept in his wallet.

“You don’t remember me?” Stupid question, he was wasted when they talked. “We met last week at a club, but I think you were too drunk to remember.”

“Oh.” Yoseob replied, perplexed. “No I don’t remember you but that’s drink for you. What’re you doing at Hyunseung’s apartment, is he home?”

“He just left, I came here last night – as you said, that’s drink for you.”

“Oh right.” Yoseob peered at Junhyung sketchily. “But why did you come here precisely?”

“Ummm, I just wanted to ask him something. That’s all.”

“And you ending up staying the night?”

“Uhh, yeah I was ill.”

“So he looked after you?”

“I guess so.”

“I don’t think you should back here. I think you should stay out of Hyunseung’s life, he doesn’t need any more complications.”

“Complications?”

“I think I remember talking to you. We were sitting on the pavement. I probably told you stuff that I wasn’t meant to. But believe me when I say it’s not good to be a new person in Hyunseung’s life. He has too much to handle and any more weight on his shoulders would end up crushing him.”

Junhyung didn’t know what to say. Yoseob was Hyunseung’s best friend and he was probably exactly right in everything he just said. But it hurt to hear it because staying away from him was the exact opposite of what Junhyung wanted to do. He was enticing, mysterious, attractive, and an amazing dancer – everything about him made Junhyung feel like silly school girl having her first crush. He didn’t want to never see him again, he didn’t want to never speak to him again, he wanted to be loved by him. But when considering Yoseob’s warning, was that really feasible? Could Hyunseung love him? It was uncertain, and uncertainty made Junhyung feel sick.

“I think I’ll leave now.” He announced.

Yoseob nodded and entered the apartment as the other left it. “I’ll tell Hyunseung you said goodbye.”

***

Later that evening in Hyunseung’s apartment…

“I just don’t know what to do Seobie.” Hyunseung groaned whilst sipping his hot chocolate.

The pair were comfortably slouched on the large sofa in his apartment with a blanket over their legs and yummy hot chocolates in their hands. The TV was playing a movie but neither of them were paying attention, there were important issues at hand.

“I really like him, I haven’t liked anyone so much my whole life; I don’t want him out of my life.”

“I know but you have to remember your situation. It’s too difficult to get messed up in matters of the heart at such a crucial point in your life. This supernatural stuff isn’t normal; you can’t just forget about it and fall in love with this guy. Whatever happens, it will affect him too if you let him get involved.”

Hyunseung frowned, knowing his best friend was right.

“Seungie I can see how much you like this guy, and I know you would do anything to stay with him for probably the rest of your life. But how long is the rest of your life? You won’t be around for much longer and it kills me to admit that, but it’s something we can’t ignore.” A tear began to fill up Yoseob’s eyes. “I don’t want your heart to be hurt even more. I want to you have to happiest last time on earth – even if just for my own peace of mind.”

Hyunseung too could not escape the threat of tears, his eyes welled up and his cheeks became red, the way they always did when he was about to cry. “Yoseob-ah, I don’t want to leave. I don’t want to leave this world. I don’t, I just, I ca-” he erupted into sobs and streams of wetness down his cheeks.

“Oh Hyunseung,” Yoseob cried, embracing his best friend. “I wish it had happened to me too, I wish I could help you through this.”

“No, I’m so glad it’s not happening to you. It’s not your time, you survived because it wasn’t your fate to leave the world in such a tragic way. It’s mine, and I’ve accepted that, but I’ve never been in love Yoseob. I’ve never felt the pull of another’s heart… until I met Junhyung. Maybe it’s because he’s such a magical dancer, or maybe it’s the way he speaks so gently or how last night he showed me his weakness and how much he wants to know me. I don’t know why but I don’t want to leave without falling in love with that person. Is that selfish?”

Yoseob shook his head. “No, it isn’t Seungie. But you have to remember that if you fall in love with him and he falls in love with you, you have to remember the consequences. Would he choose you? Would he come with you?”

“I don’t know.” The other frowned. “I suppose I have to find out. I just wish I wasn’t so dangerous to fall in love with. If he gets hurt because of me, I don’t know how I’ll cope with it. But I need to fall in love with him Yoseob. I just need to, I can’t explain it, I nee-”

“Ssssh, I understand.” The other soothed him, his soft hair and kissing his head. “I understand.”



 

Hi guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated for so long. A couple of weeks ago I moved to University so I've had a hectic time getting used to the place, settling in and meeting new friends (and getting very drunk a lot) so I haven't actually had the time to sit down and write. 

This is a fairly short chapter but HS and Y's talk should capture your attention as to what actually IS going on with Hyunseung and why he's so dangerous to fall in love with. Any guesses?

Enjoy!

#nowplaying: Beautiful - B2ST (how appropriate!)