Too Sad.

Love is Blind.

 

“YAH!!” an intoxicated Junhyung yelled as he banged and banged on Hyunseung’s door at 10pm the next Friday night. “Open this door Hyun Jang Song or I’ll ram it down myself!” his fist was starting to hurt from the contact with the hard wood of the door which then opened suddenly revealed an extremely pissed off and confused Hyunseung.

“What’re you doing here? I told you I don’t want to see you again.”

“Stop talking yeobo.” Junhyung slurred, pressing his index finger against the other’s open mouth. The drink had completely taken over his body and mind.

“Ugh, YEOBO?!” Hyunseung shoved Junhyung’s hand in disgust. “Leave immediately, I have company and don’t wish you to disturb us any longer.”

“OOOOH is it a girl?” he tried his best to fight his way into the apartment but was held back by the other’s hidden muscles.

“Leave.” A dark look flashed across Hyunseung’s face. “Now.”

Suddenly a girl of around 13 years old appeared in the doorway. “Oppa, umma is picked me up in a few minutes; your friend can come in. He doesn’t look so good.” She said innocently, looking between the boys.

“It’s okay Geurim, he’s not my friend and he was just leav-”

“Thanks kid!” Junhyung barged at the two into the apartment, patting Geurim on the head as he went. She giggled at his drunkenness.

Hyunseung sighed. “Go and wait for umma in the lobby and tell her sorry I couldn’t come and say hi.” He hugged the younger girl before she nodded, waved and left.

“You know that dating a minor is illegal, right?” Junhyung garbled with a raised eyebrow.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes, “she’s my sister you .” He looked at Junhyung sprawled out on his sofa like he owned the place. “Now, what the hell are you even doing here?”

“I want to know something~”

“What?” he crossed his arms impatiently.

“I want to know why~ in your wallet you have a newspaper cutting with the wrong date.”

Hyunseung’s eyes widened and his breathing hitched.

“And why did that guy say you said you like me but don’t want to hurt me or something and that you have a big secret...”

“What guy?”

“Oh what was his name… Yojae? No… Yo-”

“Yoseob?” Hyunseung cut in.

“That’s the one.”

A state of shock would be an underestimation to describe Hyunseung’s mental state at that moment. His mouth hung open and his eyes widened.

Junhyung giggled drunkenly to himself knowing a nerve had been hit. He felt no guilt or remorse for being so intrusive rude and insensitive to the other’s private matters, but the drink was slowly beginning to wear off and his head began to pound along with the twists and turns of his stomach.

“That… how… what… that’s my personal business.” He said firmly, eyes still furiously wide. “Now please leave my apartment, and don’t come back.”

“But I just-”

“Leave!”

Junhyung sighed dramatically, “Fine~ I just want to know about you.” He managed to stand up, clutching his head and swaying slightly.

“You shouldn’t want to.” Hyunseung whispered to himself.

Junhyung started towards the door but after a few steps the world became dizzy and the floor started to move very quickly towards his face.

Hyunseung groaned.

***

When he again awoke, it was pitch black – save for the mild moonlight which rolled in through the open curtains in the room, slightly illuminating its contents. Junhyung’s head didn’t ache anymore but his stomach felt horribly fragile he realised painfully that he’d thrown up which explained his also burning throat. He needed water but he didn’t recognise the room he was in, and the bed he was lying on didn’t feel familiar. He looked around. There were countless framed pictures on the walls and covering the surfaces, it was like an exhibition of a life – every single memory captured in a frozen time capsule. He couldn’t make out any faces on the pictures due to the lack of light, but glancing to the floor by the double bed, there was a sleeping figure was curled up into the foetal position, their chest slowly rising and falling in a peaceful rhythm.

“Hyunseung?” Junhyung recognised.

He had spoken a little too loudly as the boy on the floor began to stir, releasing himself from the position and rubbing his eyes. “Mm?”

“Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“S’okay.” Hyunseung mumbled, fighting between dreamland and reality.

“You don’t look very comfy.”

“No.” he simply replied.

“Want to come up here with me?” before he’d suggested it there was no ulterior motive behind wanting Hyunseung on the bed apart from the innocent reason of his comfort, but then he felt slightly awkward as Hyunseung, still not fully conscious, climbed across him and settled rather too close to Junhyung. Looking at his sleepy face which rested only a few centimetres from his own, Junhyung suddenly felt warmth spread through him. Just like when awake, Hyunseung’s milky skin flowed in the moonlight and his prominent jowls formed a tiny pout as he slept. His hair was ruffled and untidy and his eyelashes flittered as he tried to stay awake.

Junhyung found himself so confused. Why did he feel so attracted to this boy? What was it about him that was so enticing, so gripping? Maybe because he was shrouded in mystery which surrounded him like a fog or maybe it was that he was such an incredible dancer. But although he tried his best not to admit it, he was so totally mesmerised by this boy, by his pure and innocent beauty. Every time Junhyung’s eyes fell upon the other’s face his heart lifted and was dazzled. He wanted to hold him and protect him like a son, but also be held by him like a father, he wanted to laugh with him like and friend, but more than anything he wanted to love him like a lover.

Gently, as not to wake the sleeping boy, Junhyung lifted his arm and with his index finger, traced the outline of Hyunseung’s jaw. His skin was as soft to touch as it looked – or even softer – it felt lie touching fluffy white clouds. With the same finger, he felt his cheekbone, along his forehead, down his nose, across his lips and down to his chin. Every inch of his face was perfection. Overcome with admiration, Junhyung carefully leaned forward and press his lips to Hyunseung’s forehead. His heartbeat quickened with the intimacy – although one-sided – and again he kissed the others cheek… then his nose and then his chin. Nefpre he could muster enough courage to touch their lips, Hyunseung spoke softly “why did you do that?”

Junhyung blushed and quickly turned over, shutting his eyes and pretending as if nothing had happened, hoping Hyunseung would go back to sleep.

No such luck, Hyunseung propped himself up on his elbow and rubbed his eyes again to awaken himself. “Why did you do that?” he repeated.

“I… I don’t know.” Junhyung replied, embarrassed. “Sorry.”

Hyunseung was silent for what seemed like a long time. Junhyung held his breath for a reply which eventually came in the formed of a kiss on the back on his neck. Surprised, he slowly turned back over to face the perpetrator. “And why did you do that?” he asked, copying the earlier question.

“I don’t know.” Hyunseung yawned, settling back down and closing his eyes. “I’m too tired to argue.”

The other smiled to himself. “Okay, you should sleep.”

“Mm okay.”

Junhyung couldn’t sleep. It didn’t want to return to him. then Hyunseung broke the sleepy silence: “you’re wondering why I let you stay here, aren’t you?”

“Mhm.”

“I guess I just didn’t want you to be sick on the street.” He explained, sleepily. “Why did you come here in the first place when I told you to stay away?”

“I guess I just wanted to know if you actually did like me.”

Hyunseung smiled into the darkness, his eyes opened a little to look straight at Junhyung, “I guess I do.”

Junhyung returned the smile.

“But we can’t be together.” Both smiles turned to frowns and the eye contact was lost.

“Why?” the other asked desperately.

“They’re my private reasons but I don’t want you to be hurt, which you will be in the long term.”

“But why will I be hurt?”

“Sshh, let’s just sleep. This won’t last for long.”

“What won’t?”

“Being close to you.” He yawned.

“I… I can stay close.” Junhyung felt sick, not with alcohol anymore but with disappointment.

“No, don’t.”

“Please.”

“Sssh, sleep now.” Hyunseung wrapped an arm around Junhyung’s muscled waist and pressed himself close against his body the other was perplexed, he was in no state to sleep, and so he held Hyunseung close wishing that the night would never end and morning, when he had to go, would never arrive. It would be too sad. 



 

Firstly, I am SO sorry I hadn't updated in so long, I feel so bad! But I have quite a few bits of forthcoming chapters written so hopefully I'll be updating a bit more often for you :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter - let me know in the comments!

#nowplaying: Phoenix - ZE:A ♥