The Price of Involving Oneself.

Love is Blind.

 

The next morning, my alarm woke me up from a deep sleep as usual at 8.30 precisely. I got out of bed and stood in front of the full length mirror at the end of my bed and inspected my tired body. I looked closely at my face, investigating the pores around my nose and on my chin, rubbing the dust from my eyes and popping any new-born spots. I had, in general, fairly clear skin- which is rare for someone who sweats so much during the many hours of dancing a day. It would usually clog and block pores creating more zits than anyone would want to see when they wake up.

Next I looked at my chest and my muscles – tensing and relaxing, warming myself up slowly and regaining the energy lost through sleep for the day. I have no hairs on my chest which I’m rather happy about, and my biceps are just the perfect size for a dancer’s body. I looked down my body, past my toned stomach and waist, and covered groin to my legs. Slightly longer than average – perfect for dancing and not too long so I don’t look like an abnormally large spider on roller-skates. That would just be embarrassing.

Once I was happy with my bodily inspection, I took a warn shower, conditioning my hair thoroughly despite the fact I planned to wear a beanie hat today; and cleansing every inch of skin on me. Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped a white fluffy towel around my waist and walked back to my room, hair still dripping wet down my back and chest. I sat on my bed and then I stopped. I noticed the black wallet sitting quietly on the wooden set of drawers opposite me. I felt slightly vulnerable with it just nesting there. someone else’s wallet watching me alone in my room, watching me touch myself silently before I slept last night, and watching me as I sat there watching it back wrapped in nothing but a small towel.

I felt stupid being self-conscious in front of something as minor as a wallet, but it was that boy’s wallet! It was something so normal for a boy so odd and isolated and it reminded me that he was human and not some magical robot boy that only I could see. I had the pestering craving to look inside and see what I could find out about him from anything it contained but wasn’t it wrong to go through someone’s possessions without consent? Oh, but it was so tempting! It’s not like he would find out anyway…

I gave in and picked up the wallet from the chest of drawers. It was fairly light and when I opened it, to my disappointment, there wasn’t actually much in it: a debit card, ID card and a student card for Seoul University, along with a 10,000W note. However, searching around in the little pockets, I came across two very interesting things.

One was a small picture of two people. One was Hyunseung in all his beauty, and the other was a smaller cute-looking boy with black spikey hair, around the same age. They had their arms around each other’s waist and with their free hands were making V signs with their fingers looking absolutely adorable. The most striking feature of the photo was Hyunseung’s smile. All the day I was with him, the only thing close to a smile I saw was the small tight pull of the corners of his mouth as he left my care. But the smile that adored his face in the photograph in front of me was magnificent. I’d never seen such a happy, bright and beautiful smile in my life on anyone- man or woman. I couldn’t help but stare at his face for a while before remembering the other object I’d found.

When I opened it up, it turned out to be a newspaper cutting of which the headline read: DEATH AT SCENE OF HORRIFIC CRASH.

A man aged 22 was found amongst the remains of the shocking car accident on a Seoul highway last night. The unnamed fatality was pronounced dead as soon as emergency services arrived. Another unnamed casualty, supposedly the passenger, was rescued from the car but was reported to have minor injuries.

It was only a small article, no picture or more detail about how the crash happened, what was being done, names of the people involved etc. no more detail than thought needed or wanted. My heart sank as I put two and two together. The clipping and the picture must fit together… was the article about the death of the other boy in the photo with Hyunseung? I groaned with u=pity for him. I felt a sense of second-hand mourning, and a sadness and sympathy for Hyunseung himself. To lose what looked like a dear, dear friend – or even a lover- must have been like losing part of himself too. Perhaps that was why he was so reserved when with his classmates and around me, because he was still bereaving and no one talked to him in case of saying something that would upset him by accident. I desperately wanted to find out, but I couldn’t just ask him about it because 1) it would be hideously insensitive, and 2) because then he’d know I’d been through his wallet. But I wanted to know him more, if just to comfort him and be there for him if he needed someone. He must feel so alone.

 

I’d figure out what to do a little later, but for now, I folded the clipping back up, but as I did something caught my eye: the date of the article was printed as 13th November 2013… a whole year from now. What did this mean? Surely it was just a typing error. I brushed it aside as I slid the clipping and the photo back into his wallet and continued my morning routine… but every so often it came back into my mind… 13th November 2013?



 

I'm really sorry this is such a short chapter, but I wanted to leave it on a bit of a cliff-hanger! 

So I have a couple of questions for you... who do you think is the boy in the photo with HS. I'll give you a clue... he's in B2ST too. And do you think the date of the article was just a misprint or was something deeper...?

I'll try and update asap =]

#nowplaying: The Sharpest Lives - My Chemical Romance. What?! Western music!? Yess, MCR are one of my favourite bands and have been since I was 11 (I'm now 18)! Anyone else like them?