Chapter 4: An Indirect Kiss

One VS. Twelve

(YESS!!!! I got a hold of a computer with an INTERNET CONNECTION. Gotta update! gotta update!!!) ^0^ Enjoy!

 

 

Wait. Isn’t that eyeliner?

I thought to myself. How the heck does wearing make-up ever come across a guy’s mind? Anyway, so this guy, who interrupted me and my sweet moment with this cute, adorable, puppy-dog-eyed, and amazing cook, was actually his best friend. Baekhyun.

He came into the kitchen jumping like a total idiot, because he wanted something to eat. YES. Totally makes sense to me. .___.

 

 

“Ehh? Do I have to? C’mon! Am yer hyung!”, Baekhyun started whining like a baby whilst showing his cute buing buing movements.

 

D.O. sighs. “..Sure! You can have a little. Just-“, D.O. stops as Baekhyun took a slice of the pizza in his mouth. YES! The pizza that D.O. and I MADE TOGETHER. >o<   

“Mmh?”, Baekhyun draws his attention back to D.O. and raises his eyebrows like he was sooo innocent. “You were saying something?”

 

“JUST. HELP. OUT. HERE.”, he glared at Baekhyun.

 

(A/N: Anyway, D.O. may be rich here but he prefers to have no servants, well, only has 1 or 2 maids to clean the place. But he cooks, so he doesn’t need a personal chef or anything)

 

“Ok~ Ok.. I will! So Please don’t be angry anymore, Umma~~~, arachii~~?”, Baekhyun smiled sheepishly and walked beside me, PRETENDING to help.

 

“Hey, Give me the knife.”, Baekhyun suddenly changed his attitude. To a little more MATURE type.

But still. His fake act won’t work at me. “Anii.”, I replied without looking at him and whilst cutting the veggies.

“Ehhh!? Why you so mean? Aish. Fine~ I can do something else, right? Is there anything else I can help with, then?”, he slightly whined but in a more calm way as he wore a “teal-colored” apron.

 

But WOW. I was totally impressed by his actions…and words. I didn’t expect that to come out from him. He seemed so calm and easy on things. I think we could get along well easily.

“I guess first impression doesn’t say it all always.”

 

“Hmm?”, he smiled at me with his eyebrows raised.

“Ah. Nothing.”, I said softly and smiled after.

 

“Okay, guys! I’m gonna get the whole party organized. Since, it IS my party. Behave well, Bacon.”, D.O. commanded as he took his apron off and went out of the kitchen leaving me and Baekhyun in charge of the cooking.

“Yes, sir. Mr. Party man~!”, Baekhyun saluted as D.O. left.

Huh? D.O. was the ‘Kwangsoo’ friend that Suho was talking about that invited us to his party!?

 

“Hey, do you know that D.O. is not D.O.’s real name?”, Baekhyun asked out of the blue while he was stirring the beef soup.

“Huh?”

“D.O.’s real name is Kyungsoo. But he likes being called D.O. much better. He said only his mom calls him Kyungsoo.”

 

I nodded with total understanding.  So it was Kyungsoo. Not Kwangsoo. Pfft. WOW. I’m getting reee~~eeally old. XP

 

<>

 

Few minutes later..

Baekhyun scoops a spoon of the beef soup out and tastes it. I watched himas he paused for a few seconds and then makes a clueless look.

“Hmm…I’m not really sure. Can you taste it?”, he takes another spoonful of the beef soup and places it right in front of my lips, offering me to taste it.

 

When I was about to take it in mouth, he pulls it in front of his “o”- shaped lips and blew it a little.

“I forgot. Hehe~” he said as he smiled sheepishly and gave it back to my lips.

 

Then I tasted it. I paused for a few seconds longer.      “So, How is it?”, Baekhyun placed his two fingers on his pursed lips with nervous eyes.

 

I smiled at him. “It was amazingly and mind-blowingly DELICIOUS.”   Seriously. For real. It tasted so delicious that I just wanna eat the whole thing up at once all by myself. Well, with rice though. The ULTIMATE ASIAN’s best friend. Rice. ^0^

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

“So, How is it?”, I asked her. I was really nervous. She paused for a really long time with this ._____. look.  So I placed my two fingers on my pursed lips.

I was really nervous.

Then the nerve-wrecking feeling faded away immediately when she smiled and gave a remark. “It was amazingly and mind-blowingly DELICIOUS.” I was happy when she said that. I was so happy that I had to taste the food again, in case she’s just plain flattering me.

 

 

When I tasted it once more, it was even more delicious. My grandma was right! “Food tastes even better when people say it does.” I guess when somebody says it tastes really amazing, the taste becomes more concentrated or something like that. It’s magic!!

 

“OMG. It does! Good job, me!...”, I said as I made a fist punch on the air. Then I realized something. So I looked at Eun Ji and patted her head. “You too, Eun Ji. Good job!”, I smiled at her.

 

(by exoticbluepandas)

 

Eun Ji’s POV

“You too, Eun Ji. Good job!”, that sentence kept going around my head for the last 5 minutes. I couldn`t help but keep smiling at the compliment. I held the top of my head as I remembered the feeling of being patted on the head. It was a nice feeling.

“What are you smiling there for?”, I looked over to Baekhyun giving me a confused look. “Work, you little-“

“Mm.”, I nodded while smiling like a little kid and went straight to cutting the bread into small slanted slices.

Then I suddenly remembered something.

We used the same spoon for tasting. An Indirect Kiss.

 

I blushed and covered my face with both hands. Oh My. How could I be so careless!!? (Careless, Careless, Shoot Anonymous, Anonymous, Heartless, Mindless, No one who care about me?..Sowie… Had to. XDD)

 

 

Nobody’s POV

“Klank!”, Baekhyun was surprised by the sudden noise and looked over to Eun Ji if she was alright.

She was covering her face with both hands.

 

“Yah, Eun Ji-ah~, gwenchana?”, he asked as he patted Eun Ji’s shoulder.

“Eeeeeeekkkkk!!”, she squealed when Baekhyun touched her. “Don’t. Touch. Me.!”

“Yah!”, Baekhyun held Eun Ji’s shoulders and turned her around to face him. “What’s wrong with you?”, Baekhyun asked, confused at what’s happening.

 

Eun Ji who was covering her face, opened her fingers for her eyes to be seen. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at her. “That doesn’t really tell me why you’re acting like this, you know?”

Eun Ji took her hands off her face and looked towards the spoon THEY used for tasting and blushed again. She didn’t want him to see her blush so she ran away, when Baekhyun was busy looking at where she was looking at.

 

“YAH! Don’t you dare-!”, too late. Eun Ji already left the kitchen.

“This girl. What’s wrong with her?”, Baekhyun took the spoon and took a spoonful of the beef soup again and took it in his mouth. He leaned on the counter and thought while the spoon on his mouth.

“Hmm. MMHHH!!!??”, Baekhyun remembered and took the spoon out. “She was blushing!!!??”, he shouted as he looked at the spoon.

 

“Oh, We-“, he blushed, then smiled.

“YAH. What do you think you’re doing there, smiling like an idiot?”, D.O. was back to get the food out.

“Mmh. Nothing.”, Baekhyun chuckled and held the spoon with his mouth while he helped D.O. take the food out.

 

 

Eun Ji’s POV

OMG. Now that I totally screwed up, I’m definitely not gonna see that guy again.

I sighed as I leaned on a door. When suddenly.

 

The door suddenly opens.

BOOM!  Landed -first on the ground.

 

“Oh. I’m so sorry! Are you okay?”

Someone really pretty greeted me and helped me up.

 

 

exoticbluepandasღ:

HAHA! Did you guys enjoy the update? How was it? COMMENT so I know, kay-kay~?^^ tbh, I also enjoyed the story while I was typing it up. HEHE. ^^ Guess who’s next? And How was my drawings? I decided to put up some drawings in some of the chapters. So you guys could see/imagine what the characters are doing and all. I tried to make them look like the real character though, so this what I came out with. (Please don’t hate ^u^’’) HAHA. Anyway.. COMMENT SUBSCRIBE~! Thank you so much!