F. 3

CBT

The following night. CBT Headquarters. Conference room.

Queenie: My job is done.*hand the file to Light*

Shengyi: Me too... Here you go.*hand another file to him*

Miss Cherry: This time even I can't interfere with this case. It's so maddening.

Light: Now that Arron's the prime suspect, everyone that is related to him cannot be involved...

Lynn: Does that means now CBT only have four people left to work on this case?

Light: You're right...

Everyone sighed.

Yingjie: Don't be so sad! Brace up!

Light: Is that a good thing that you're positive?

Shengyi: Well, the three of us should be going, bye...

Yingjie: See you!

Shengyi: Good luck.

Light: Hey, it's time to take statements...

--------------------------

In the hospital. Hebe's ward.

Jiro: How are you feeling now?

Hebe: Arron... He's really... 007... Isn't he?

Jiro: You finally used your brain!

Hebe: Why am I so stupid?! I should know that long ago...

Jiro: Don't get too agitated, you have a baby now.

Hebe: How's Arron?

Jiro: He's locked up now, his case hearing is scheduled at two weeks from now.

Hebe: Oh...*wanted to stand up*

Jiro: Hey what do you think you are doing?

Hebe: I'm going to look for him.

Jiro: You're not going to leave this place.

Hebe: Why?

Jiro: The doctor said that your baby might be unstable, you can't leave now.

Hebe: But...

Jiro: Hey no matter how much you hate him, don't take it out on the baby.

Hebe: I don't hate him...

Jiro: You don't hate him? You hurt him so much and you said you don't hate him?

Hebe: If I knew Arron is 007, I would never do things to hurt him.

Jiro: You know what?

Hebe: What?

Jiro: I planned to quit.

Hebe: You want to quit Black Dogs?

Jiro: Yeah, I have already decided... How about you? Do you want to quit with me?

Hebe: I can't just quit...

Jiro: Hey just because Boss is your biological father you must do whatever he says. Just disown him, man.

Hebe: But we are related by blood.

Jiro: But Selina's parents does treat you well, you just take it as you don't know Boss, you are not involved in Black Dogs, okay?

Hebe: Easier said than done.

Jiro: It's easy. You just walk to Boss and say I quit and slammed the door. Haha. I'm only joking. Don't take it seriously.

Hebe: Let's change the topic, can we?

Jiro: Fine... You know why Arron break up with you?

Hebe: I knew that he didn't really mean what he said. So what's the reason?

Jiro: I guessed you know that you almost got kidnapped, almost got hit by a flower pot and almost run over by a car right?

Hebe: I knew they weren't accidents, you were the one behind all that?

Jiro: At that time I really hated Arron so...

Hebe: You forced him to break up with me or you would harm me?

Jiro: God, can you don't be so clever? I'm not used to it. And, I didn't force him, we had a wager.

Hebe: Is it the basketball match?

Jiro: Can you don't... Argh!

Hebe: Okay, fine, you talk, I keep my mouth shut.

--------------------------------------------------

Police station. In a room.

Light: On the 10th of April, 9-10pm, where were you and what were you doing?

Arron: No comment.

Light: Arron, please cooperate.

Arron: I really have nothing to say.

Light: If you are not going to say anything, how are we supposed to clear your name?

Arron: I trust CBT can prove my innocence.

Light: How are we going to do that if you refuse to say anything?

Arron:*smiled* Just treat it that I'm testing you guys.

Light: I knew I can't persuade you... By the way, Hebe's in hospital.

Arron: What's wrong with her? Is she okay?

Light: Don't worry, both the mother and baby are fine.

Arron: That's great...

-----------------------

Jiro: By the way, have you thought of a name for your child?

Hebe: Arron likes to name him using four seasons.

Jiro: Four seasons? Cool, he planned to have four children and all four sit around one table to play poker.

Hebe: Don't teach my child the wrong things, okay?

Jiro: Fine. So, first child is Spring? Quite a nice name, then if it was me let me use the weather.

Hebe: Weather?

Jiro: Yeah, Sunny, Windy, Rainy, Snowy.

Hebe: How did you think of so weird names? I don't want my future nephews and nieces to be called that.

Jiro: Who says my child would be your nephew?

Hebe: I thought me and Arron were stupid, you are more stupid.

Jiro: That's it, I'm warning you. Why are both of you keep calling me stupid?

Hebe: Because you are.

Jiro: Hahaha, not funny.

Hebe: When are you confessing to Selina?

Jiro: This is even not funny.

Hebe: It's not a joke, I'm serious.

Jiro: Why you and Arron both like to match me and Sel up? We're only friends.

Hebe: Because both of us can tell that she likes you, and you like her too.

Jiro: We are only friends, what's wrong with that?

Hebe: Hey, a guy and girl that likes each other cannot only be friends.

Jiro: Okay, fine, I admit that I do like her, so?

-------------------------------------------------

Police station. In another room.

Yingjie: What's your relationship with Arron?

Prince: Don't ask the obvious.

Yingjie: Hey, just play along with me, I didn't get a chance to question people before. Now that CBT is shorthanded... HAHAHA!

Prince: Hey do you still want to take my statement?

Yingjie: Okay, fine! Prince is acting cool... So, do I write 'twin brother', 'long-lost brother', 'friends at first but realised they are brothers' or...

Prince: Just write 'brothers'.

Yingjie: Okay... Then how close you guys are... Hmmm, do I write 'extremely close', 'extremely good' or...

Prince: Just write ' very close', okay?

Yingjie: Okay... Next question... Do you believe that Arron would kill? Do I write 'strongly disagree', 'disagree', 'neutral'...

Prince: Stop! What do you think this is? A survey?!

Yingjie: Is that the wrong thing to do?

Prince: Of course! Now, you ask whatever questions and you write down whatever I say, okay?

Yingjie: Okay! So, when is the last time you seen Arron?

Prince: Yesterday... Our family usually eat dinner at 7pm sharp and yesterday was no exception.

Yingjie: After dinner?

------------------------

Another room.

Miss Fan: After dinner, I remembered about 8.15pm, he came to my room and asked me something.

Lynn: Why were you so sure of the timing?

Miss Fan: I was supposed to do my facial and he barged in, I'm still very angry, I tell you.

Lynn: How long did he stayed in your room?

Miss Fan: I give him some papers and he went back to his own room to look at them. It was less than 5 minutes.

Lynn: After that?

------------------

Another room.

Genie: I remembered he went out about 8.30pm.

Light: Why were you that sure?

Genie: I was jogging at the park near our house and I met him at the doorstep. When I came in, the television was playing the 8.30 show.

Light: 8.30... That's sufficient time for him to travel to the crime scene... How? We need to find a time abidi.

Genie: Did Third Brother say anything?

Light: He refused to say a word.

Genie: You might want to try letting Hebe talk to him.

Light: You are right...

-------------------------

Jiro: The one that caused the accident is me, if I didn't choose that day...

Hebe: Anyway, Genie can see now right? She's happily going out with Danson although they are not dating yet but I reckon they would be soon.

Jiro: That's a good thing... But me and Sel? Impossible.

Hebe: I used to think that I won't fall for Arron, look what happen? Anything can happen, okay?

Jiro: Yours is a special case of genius and idiot. Wait, you're not a idiot now.

Hebe: I wished I was still an idiot.

Jiro: You can be if you want.

Hebe: Wait, stop changing the topic, we're talking about you and Selina.

Jiro: See, some parts of you are still the stupid Hebe.

Hebe: Stop changing the topic.

Jiro: Spring's mom, I am so not used to the clever you, I'm getting out of here.

Hebe: Wait, about Arron...

Jiro: Don't worry, I will keep you updated.

Hebe: Thank you, Spring's godfather.

Selina has just arrived to visit Hebe.

Jiro: Argh! Why can't you get pregnant few years later? I'm too young for a father.

Hebe: Sorry, it's not my fault that someone make me pregnant.

Jiro: Hey, you mean it's my fault?

Hebe: Yes.

Selina:*Thinking*Jiro made Hebe pregnant?!

Hebe: If not for the wager, Arron won't break up with me, I won't get myself drunk, and...

Jiro: I regretted telling you about the wager.

Hebe: Too late to regret now.

Jiro: Spring's mom, can you revert to the old stupid you?

Hebe: I'll try.

Jiro: Whatever, bye.

Hebe: Bye, Spring's...

Jiro: Stop calling me that! ARGH!

Hebe started laughing.

Jiro walked out of the room and saw Selina.

Jiro: Hey... You didn't heard our conversation, did you?

Selina: What were you guys talking about that I couldn't hear?

Jiro: Nothing much. *Thinking*Thank God she didn't hear that I liked her...

Selina:*Thinking*Jiro... Does he likes Hebe? Isn't the father Arron? Why did...

Jiro: Sel? Sel!

Selina: What?

Jiro: What are you thinking?

Selina: Jiro...

Jiro: Yeah?

Selina: You and Hebe...

Jiro: Why?

Selina: Nothing...

Jiro: Sel, are you okay? What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?*touched her forehead*

Selina: *avoided his hand*I'm fine. *walked into Hebe's ward*

Jiro:*Thinking*Weird... Why am I over-reacting?

------------------------------------------------