Author's Note

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

Author's Note:

 

First of all, I would like to thank all readers, subscribers and commenters of 'Dear Diary, I am Fat'. It's because of your endless support that spurred me on to write and complete this story. As some of you know, I wrote this after one of my fics 'Turn of the Tide'. Both stories have similarity in terms of the fictional character being fat and this worry me. I was afraid to make it seem like the two stories are the same because I've never intended for it to be.

To those who are curious, 'Dear Diary, I am Fat' was actually inspired from my past trip back to high school. When I returned, there was this dance performance put up by the juniors. Among the dancing crew, one of the girls differed distinctly in terms of body size, if you know what I mean. Due to that fact, I heard some of the guys sitting in the row before commenting and making insentive jokes about her. It angered me because I thought she danced fairly well but just because she is fat, people said nasty stuff. Even though she did not hear them or those words weren't as bad as what Cho Hee received, I thought it was too much. Thus, it inspired me to write this one to bring out the pain of people whose efforts fail to be recognised just because of humans' shallow nature...

The twist in the middle of the story has actually been pre-planned. I combined two of my story plots into this one. Initially, I wanted to write a story whereby the character entered a world where everything were opposites. I thought it would be scary and interesting. However, I decided against it and instead, combined the essence of my inspiration into this story. Contrary to my initial concept, it turned out to be blissful when I incorporated the element into Cho Hee's life.

By the way, writing this story is not to encourage suicide to find the better world because no one even knows whether such a thing exists in the first place. I would just like to stress here that this is purely fictional. However, people always say, "All fiction has some reality in it". Actually, there is something which I wanted to prove and a message I wished to send across. I actually wanted to show how beautiful and ugly the world can be, depending on the people's characters and attitude towards others.

Here is the message: "You're not ugly. Society is."

This message is a spin-off from a quote that I came across on a website some time back. It struck a chord in my heart the first time I read it. At this point, I sincerely hope some people will start looking beyond the outside and start seeing the inside of some victims who are already shattering away because of their insensitivity. I don't know whether this story of mine has evoked any emotions in you or had you thinking. If I managed to do any of the above two, I've succeeded as an author and I am honoured and thankful for that.

Before I forget, I wish to send out many thanks to the following:

Thank you to Pistachio for helping me unblock my writers' block when I'm stuck halfway for this story. Also, thank you for always commenting and for telling me you're my loyal friend and reader when the response was low. It really made me night and encouraged me to keep writing back then.

Thank you to Solaries for always coming on once in a while to read my stories even though fan ficiton is not really your type. I am looking forward to you reading this one some day and leaving me a comment. I wonder how long it will be. Heh.

Not forgetting, thank you to those who consistenly comment on this story. I've remembered some users because of that and I would like to thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with me. Finally, sending out a big thank-you hug to all my readers once more for your endless support! You guys are really wonderful and beautiful beings. Thank you. <3

 

ps.To those who read my author's note till the end, you're awesome.^^

 

-watermelon