Why?

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

Dear Diary

I am going to perform for the final senior year performance after all these years… The whole time I have been enduring and persevering just for this one day to shine on stage. As a member of ‘Sparklex’, I am finally going to step on that stage which she always deprived me from despite my hard work just because I am…*sigh*.

Let’s drop the subject anyway since today is a day to rejoice because Park Cho Hee has finally been given the chance. This long-awaited chance to perform on that shining platform along with the rest has finally come.
Shall I tell you something?


I kind of fought for this chance myself because like the previous times, she deliberately left me out of the senior list. Frankly speaking, I felt really good about myself when I stood up against Jiyeon for the first time. She seemed to be really shocked and so am I. I wonder where I got that courage back then. Perhaps I really want to stand on stage, even if it was just this once.

Back to the dance performance, it was said to be a couple dance and I am paired with… Hoya oppa. I would probably be jumping about happily if this happened before that night. But now I don’t know how to react anymore.

I admit a part of me is actually happy although I know I am not supposed to. I feel stupid and difficult at the very moment. It’s like a mini tug of war is occurring within me each time I see Hoya oppa.

At this rate, I really don’t know how I am going to forget him…

Diary, will you tell me what to do?

I am confused.

With love

Cho Hee

 

Cho Hee felt a weak smile crawl up her face as she recalled those memories while reading the first paragraph of her diary entry. The first time she ever stood up for herself. The first time she earned her own opportunity to stand on stage. The first time she thought things were going right for her. However, a frown soon replaced her smile. She knew how things turned out in the end. She knew everything.

Shutting the book with a sigh, she climbed into bed.

 

“Cho Hee. You’re troubled.”

 

“Ary, should I or should I not?”

 

“You should.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Do you trust me, Cho Hee?”

 

“Uhm... I do.”

 

“That’s nice to hear.”

 

“Ary, can you show up?”

 

“No, Cho Hee.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I just can’t.”

 

The next morning, Cho Hee woke up to the incessant ringing of her alarm clock. Sitting up in bed with her messy bed hair, she recalled yesterday’s dream. Ary’s last sentence struck a chord in her heart and something was different- she spoke to her first. It was not like the usual whereby Cho Hee began speaking to Ary. It was as if she could sense her and read her mind. She needed someone to talk to her and she knew.

Boring lessons were over after what seemed like an eternity. Students probably checked the clock more often than normal to find only 5 minutes have passed in the lesson. It was a sure thing to do for completely bored out students. Cho Hee was trying her best to pay attention but the same knowledge being taught definitely did not interest her. She even knew what questions were coming out in the class quiz. The bell rang. Students rushed to their clubs, so did Cho Hee.

“Alright, everyone. The senior year performance is here and ‘Sparklex’, as usual, is the highlight performer group!”

Everyone cheered loudly except Cho Hee who was deep in thoughts.

“And of course me too.” Jiyeon ended as she read out the long list of seniors to participate.

“You should.” The voice resounded in her mind.

Hesitantly, Cho Hee raised her right hand. She lifted her head and met eyes straight with Jiyeon’s.

“You left me out from the performance list. I am a senior too.” She repeated those same exact words from before.

The same feeling from before rushed back to her.

“Oh.” Jiyeon responded as she quickly looked down at her list.

“Ah, sorry. I didn’t realize. Alright, I would add you in now.” She said before adding Cho Hee’s name to the list.

Dropping her hand, Cho Hee sighed.

She trusted Ary, and she hoped that it’s going to be a right decision.

“All juniors are dismissed for the day, including the one I called out to perform. The remaining seniors can find your partner for the performance. One male and one female pair together because the senior final performance would be a couple dance performance. Now get your butts moving!” Jiyeon instructed loudly.

“Ne.” Everyone replied together.

Cho Hee did not move an inch from her position because she was waiting. She looked around and saw partners forming- exactly like the real performance’s. Turning to the left, she looked over to see Hoya sitting at the other end of the classroom. He was busy rejecting the girls’ offers. It was amusing on her part to see his flustered face. Just then, she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her. He stood up and was walking over to her. Or rather, he walked up to her.

“I don’t have a pair.” He pointed out.

“I-I don’t have one too.” She choked on her words.

“Let’s pair up together then.” He suggested with a bright smile.

“Why me?” she asked without a second thought.

“Why not?” was his reply before the conversation came to an end.

The two then stood beside one another as a successfully formed pair.

Cho Hee shut her eyes as she felt her heart palpitating faster and faster at an exponential rate.

“Let’s pair up.” Myungsoo said with a charming smile.

“Sure.” Jiyeon replied before breaking into a toothy smile.

“You’re mine now.” Myungsoo blurted out.

Then, he realized.

“I…I mean you’re my partner now.” He corrected, knocking his head.

The couple flushed red at his innocent slip of tongue.  

“Al-Alright, so everyone has a pair now?” she asked, walking up to the front of the class.

Everyone present nodded.

“Then, we’re all ready for the senior year performance!” She exclaimed excitedly.

The crowd howled at her words, all excited for the performance except one.

 

Author's Note

I am super tired today but I had the writing mood so I decided to post up a short update.
Hope you enjoyed reading it and would leave me a comment despite it being a short chapter. (:

It would be really nice to do so.
I don't have the energy to reply to comments from previous chapter but I'll do so tomorrow or something.
I really need some sleep now. *Sniffs* Goodnight guys! XD