50 Days

50 Days in Wonderland

 

 

Narrator

 OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I’m going to be late!  Sandara carried her heels as she rushed down the busy streets of San Francisco. Her fast pace eventually turned into running once she noticed a trolley car coming down the road.

 

“PLEASE STOPP!!” She yelled trying to catch up with it.

 

The driver noticed and stopped it. He smiled noticing the quirky regular on his car. “Good morning Miss Park. Running late again I see?”

 

“Yeah. Thank you for stopping.” She smiled and handed him her pass. She hung off the side of the trolley so she could feel the wind brushing against her hair and face.

 

Sandara is a music major who landed a job being a very popular songwriter’s assistant. However, the popular idol is a MONSTER! He makes her do the craziest chores or errands on his own amusement. His latest burden to her was to force her to move to San Francisco from Seoul. He says he was trying to get inspired for a new album but really he was hiding from one of his crazy ex-girlfriends. 

 

SCREACH!

 

The trolley stopped in front of the music office complex, but since Kwon Ji-Yong is rich, cool and choosy, he had a separate building to himself. This forced Dara to walk up an enormous hill. She glanced at her watch and screamed in terror. She had only ten more minutes! Once she conquered the hill, she darted into the building and pressed the elevator's button with an exhausting sigh.

 

“It’s broken Maam.” The doorman said behind his desk.

“OH! !” She blurted out loud then immediately covered after realizing what she had said. “Mianhae~”

 

Her ‘hippie’ friends that she’s met have told her that she needs to join a gym so she can stay healthy. But all this cardio working out will give her six-packs before she even goes into one.

 

“Omo your hair!” Jae Hae, one of the marketers, ran up to Dara and brushed her hair as they scurried to Ji-Yong’s office. 

 

“How are my teeth?” Dara smiled and she gave her thumbs up.   

“Fighting!” Jae Hae left Dara at the Monster's door.

 

She took a deep breath and entered effortlessly into the office room.

 

SANDARA'S POV

“I’m glad you finally made it, Miss Park.” Kwonzilla’s voice announced, smirking from his desk.

“I’m very sorry.” I bowed slightly, breathing as silent as I could.

“This is coming out of your pay.” He shook his head, writing something down on a piece of paper.

 

More chores to do and more errands to perform. How I wish my life was as easy as the cake being iced with blessings and toppings of wonderful people to love. But no. Here I am, almost breaking my neck to the most arrogant guy in the world. THE MONSTER!!! Oh, how I love to shout that name in front of him. PFFT!

 

“You know people would die to have your job.”

 

I smiled half-heartedly, remembering the guy I replaced committed suicide. The man literally had it and jumped out a window. Poor guy. This Kwon Ji-Yong is truly a monster.

 

“YAH. Here you go!” He handed me a list. “By the way..." He gaze at me intensely as I waited for his sentence to be finished. "You have a bug on your face.”

 

My eyes widened, "OMO!" I frantically wiped the thing off. Where the heck did that come from? From the side of my eyes, I noticed him giggling. He turned his chair around, facing the painiting above the wall and wave his hand without even looking at me.

 

“Off you go~” He shooed me away. 

END OF POV

~~~

BOM'S POV

“Park Bom! Get up this instant!” My father banged on my door. “You need to stop being so lazy!”

 

I sat up in my bed and groaned loudly. “But earth is so BORING!” I whined.

 

“Well we live here now so get up and go explore.” He opened the door but I instantly shut it with a simple swipe of my hand.  

 

“OH NO YOU DIDN’T!” He shouted and the door exploded open. He eyes glowed a deep blue color but I just stayed in my bed.

 

“When can we go back to our old world?” I sighed. “Humans are so boring” I combed my bright blue hair. “All they do is work and eat and yell.”

 

“Humans may not have magical powers like us, but they are just as smart as who we are.” He smiled brightly and patted me on the back. “So how bout you go out there and meet some friends?”

 

“MMMMM… Araso.”

END OF POV

~~~

Narrator

“What does he want? papayas? Where in the world is he going to do with papayas?” Dara groaned as she walked around the market. She kept on letting out little sighs as she picked up Papayas. Ripe ones.

 

Bom entered the story and noticed Dara trying to reach the highest piece of fruit. It was about to fall over but Bom used her magic and made the Papaya fall in her hand. She kept on following Dara throughout her errands from Ji-yong.

 

“What an interesting human…” Bom chuckled quietly behind her. “What is she doing?”

 

“AISH!!!” Dara dropped her bag of fruits. “Why god!?!” She face-palmed herself. Suddenly, a Papaya started to roll down the hill and she chased after it.

 

“Hmm. She runs after it?” Bom sat at a fair distance watching Dara suffer. “OH GOD!” She sat up when she noticed Dara was about to run into the traffic road. She teleported and pulled the human out of the road before she could get hit. Bom immediately flew near Dara, unnoticed.

 

“Are you stupid you almost got killed?!”

 

“Well it would have been better than going to my job…” Dara grumbled with a sigh. “Mian, I’m just having a bad day. I’m grateful you saved me.”

 

Dara looked at her watch. “OMO! I have to hurry or else I'm dead for real!” She shouted. “Um. Kamsahmnida!”

 

“You’re welcome…” Bom said as Sandara grabbed her stuff. “What’s your name?” She called after the rushing lady.

 

“Um…Sandara Park!” She yelled as she ran off.

 

“Hmm…Sandara Park. Maybe I’ve met a new friend” Bom smiled widely from ear to ear.

 

BOM'S POV

I did a quick spell and made myself invisible so I could follow my new human friend to whatever horrible job she has. If you’re wondering, yes I’m a witch. I’m from another world than humans. I’m from Wonderland. I know human might think Wonderland is brightly colored and there are talking mushrooms, chattering flowers and stuff. Well Wonderland isn’t an acid trip; it’s exactly like Earth but with magic. I missed it so much.

 

“YAH! These Papayas are bruised…” Some annoying voice yelled.

 

“There’s more in the bag. That’s the only one that’s bruised.” I heard Dara defend herself so I teleported into the room. There they were. A skinny blond haired man sat on the edge of his desk holding a Papaya furiously while Dara stood in the middle of the office about to snap.

 

Wait I know who he is… Kwon Ji-Yong. The heartbreaker. I overheard a conversation between women at the coffee shop. At first I thought it was some book club, but it was a Kwon Ji-Yong club. It’s a club where women who had been heartbroken from this man, meet together and talk about their past relationship with him. Horrible!

 

“I can’t believe he did this to me…he said he loved me! But he just told me I was some muse for his new single! What an !”

 

I shook my head remembering that poor woman then I noticed Dara. My new friend...Well in my head. She has to deal with this idiot every day.

 

“I’ll help you my dear friend, Dara” I thought as I disappeared.

END OF POV

 

Narrator

9:43 PM

 

“Yeah… I know. Mom I’m close to promotion- yeah I know.” Dara chatted with her mother on the phone when she was supposedly be working. “I would quit if I could…Mhm.”

 

As soon as Ji-Yong walked in, she instantly went into a total lie. “Yes. I’ll write that down. How do you spell that? Oh okay, have a good night~” She hung up and Ji-Yong just stood there unconvinced.

 

“Talking to your mom again?” He shook his head with tongue-clicks, then started to walk around his office. “Did she tell you to quit?”

 

“Everyday~” Dara mumbled as she finished the filing. “It’s late. Can I go home?”

 

“No not yet. I need you to dust my trophy case and then feed my fish.” He said spinning his chair comfortably.

 

“This is called employee abuse…”  

 

“Do you want this job or not? Missy? I am paying you well, don’t I?”

 

Dara just nodded. She did enjoy his generous paycheck; it’s more than she would get working behind a desk like Jae Hae. Dara was pretty lucky and pretty unlucky at the same time.

~~~

Dara whipped the sweat off her forehead and stretched her elbows. “All done!” She yelled happily. “I’m going to go eat and sleep. Good night Mr. Kwon!” She ran out leaving behind Ji-Yong.

 

“Aishh. That girl is such a bother, but she does a good job” He nodded as he went to look at his phone.

 

4 Missed Calls.

21 New Text Messages.

 

“Crazy woman…erase.” He smiled evilly.

 

“Such a heartless man!” Bom appeared elegantly sitting to the couch in front of him. 

 

“What the?!!" Ji-yong flinched, almost dropping his phone. "How’d you get in here?” He shrieked shockingly.

 

“Is that a way to talk to a lady?” She shook her head, flaunting her bright blue hair around. “Ji-Yong…Ji-Yong…Ji-Yong.” She repeated his name.

 

“H-how d-did you know my. . . n-name?” He stuttered.

 

“Oh everyone knows who you are in this city.” Bom smiled with arms crosseed. “I feel bad for all the girls you’ve hurt. How many hearts you’ve broken. ..Aren’t you ashamed?!” She narrowed her eyes at the surprised man.

 

He closed his eyes and began pulling himself upright. “No.” He said coldly. “They know that I;m a player yet they keep on coming back. I guess it’s just my instant hotness-“

 

“UGH! I CAN’T STAND PEOPLE LIKE YOU!” Bom grumbled and her blue hair turned into bright shade of red.

 

“Holy ! Your hair!”

 

“Kwon Ji-Yong. If you don’t make amends to all the hearts you’ve broken… you shall spend the rest of your days in the ground.”

 

“What? Just who do you think you are?!-“

 

Bom grabbed his wrist and he suddenly felt a burning sensation then she released after Ji-yong made an expression of pain. “You have 50 days.” She disappeared in a puff of a black smoke.

 

Ji-Yong looked at his burning wrist to see a bold black 50 tattoo. "No way..." He gulped.

 

“This is just a crazy dream…” He shook his head, blinking several times.

 

"I'm just drunk..." He thought, landing all his weight backwards against his revolving chair with his eyes shut firmly and gave off a long sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Comments are love! They also keep me going!