Chapter 3

Your Name

 

Ok, so let me apologize for taking so much time to update, I've been distracted a lot by Tumblr and I've been busy too! So sorry! ^^ And I struggled a little with this chapter, so I hope it's not too bad! Now, let me shut up and let you read! :)  P.S. : Sorry if there are mistakes, I read the chapter like four or five times, but you never know!!! 

 

 

It had been 3 weeks since they had gone to that chicken restaurant. During those three long weeks, Seung Hyun hadn’t heard a word from Jinki. He had tried calling several times and each time it went straight to voice mail. He was really worried and disappointed. He knew it was foolish, since they didn’t really know each other, but he really liked Jinki. He felt like if they spent more time together, something good could come from it. He just missed that sparkling smile that made him feel like everything was going to be okay.

 

He looked at his phone once again, hoping to receive a call. After a few seconds, he sighed. What was wrong with him? How could he miss a person he had just met so much? He had always thought of himself as someone who was very independent. Never in his life had he wanted to share so much of himself with someone else than he did now with Jinki.

 

Seung Hyun shook his head, trying to make those thoughts go away. He needed to go out. He grabbed a jacket and went downstairs. Ji Yong suddenly came towards him.

 

“Hey, where are you going?”he asked, concerned.

 

“Out”, the older one responded in a cold manner.

 

“Could you be more precise?”

 

“I don’t know where I am going. I just need to get some air.”Seung Hyun was starting to feel really annoyed. Couldn’t he leave the house whenever he wanted to?

 

“Ok listen, hyung. We’re just worried. You’ve been hiding from us for a few weeks now, staying in your room, and when we work, you don’t even talk to us anymore”, Ji Yong explained.

 

Seung Hyun just stared at him for a moment, trying to find something to say.

 

“I… I just need some time alone”, he simply said as he walked closer to the door. He looked one last time at his friend, who had a confused expression on his face, and finally went out.

 

He started the car and drove away. As soon as he hit the road, the thoughts he had tried to avoid earlier haunted him again and the same name kept repeating itself in his mind. He the radio and unfortunately, Sherlock started playing. He immediately turned it off, pissed off by the situation. He knew he wouldn’t stop torturing himself. A few minutes later, he changed direction and headed to the only place where he would find answers. Soon enough, he was in front of SHINee’s dorm, doubting if it was the right thing to do. He paced in front of the doorstep, nervous. He finally decided to ring the bell. A few seconds passed, without anyone answering the door. He rang again, and there still was no answer. He figured they were out, probably recording a show or something.

 

Seung Hyun only had two options: either he went home or waited for Jinki. He knew he would feel silly, but he had to stay. He sat on the stairs and looked around him. The neighborhood was really quiet and no one was walking in the streets, even though the weather was pleasant. It was really a good location for an idol group.

 

As the minutes went by, he felt the stress rising. He could only distract himself by playing games on his phone, while not really paying attention to the scores. When he looked at his watch, a while later, an hour had already passed. He sighed. What was he doing here? Was he really waiting that long to see a guy? He ruffled his blue hair, in an attempt to straighten out what was going on in his head.

 

Suddenly he heard the sound of a car stopping in front of the house. He lifted his head up and saw a black van not far from where he was. He felt panicked. He had just started thinking of how crazy he would look waiting there. He thought of running away, but they were already starting to get out of the van. Jonghyun was the first to see him, and was confused by his presence. A few seconds later, they were all out of the van, walking towards him. He had never felt so terrified. He got off the stairs and stood up, looking at them. When his eyes finally stopped on Jinki, he felt his heart beat faster. He was really stressed out.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?”Minho asked with a smile.

 

“Hum….”Seung Hyun didn’t know what to say. It was like his brain shut down. He couldn’t find a coherent answer.

 

“He came by to give me a book that I had lent him a few weeks ago”, Jinki suddenly explained in a serious tone.

 

“Oh, okay,”they all said. “We’ll go inside then”, Key added.

 

“Yeah, I’ll join you guys in a moment”, Jinki replied.

 

They all went inside, leaving them alone. Seung Hyun sighed of relief. He was already smiling in a thankful way, but stopped when he saw the expression on Jinki’s face. He looked mad.

 

“What are you doing here?”the younger one asked, annoyed.

 

Seung Hyun felt bad. He should’ve gone home, instead of creating this awkward situation.

 

“Hum… I was just passing in the neighborhood and…”He couldn’t bring himself to finish the sentence.

 

“And what?”

 

 The rapper sighed.

 

“I wanted to see you”, he finally admitted.

 

Jinki stared at him, confused.

 

“I mean, you didn’t answer my phone calls and texts, so I was worried”, Seung Hyun explained.

 

“Ok, look. I’ve been really busy these days and I just didn’t have time to deal with anything else.”

 

“I understand. I was busy too, but a call or a text, only takes a few seconds!”The older one pointed out, a little too loudly. He was disappointed, because it seemed like he was the only one to care.

 

“You know what? I don’t have time for this. So stop contacting me!”he said harshly, walking to the door.

 

Seung Hyun was in shock. Was Jinki really walking out on him like that? He suddenly grabbed the younger one’s arm and turned him around, bringing them closer. He could see Jinki was startled as he was staring back at him with his eyes wide open. They were only a few centimeters apart from each other and Seung Hyun suddenly felt the strong urge to kiss those beautiful lips. He was really losing his mind. He couldn’t help but tilt his head, nearly touching the other one’s skin with his lips. “Seung Hyun, don’t do it”, he repeated in his head.

 

“Why are you doing this to me?”he suddenly whispered in the younger one’s ear. He could hear Jinki breathe loudly and he felt even more aroused. As good as it felt to be so close to him, he swiftly detached himself from Jinki and stepped back. Seung Hyun was waiting for a response, but none came. Jinki was just standing there, motionless. In fact, he kept looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact. Seung Hyun felt defeated.

 

“I’ll go now”, he announced. “Sorry if I bothered you”, he added and walked to his car. A few seconds later, he was on the road again, feeling like .

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jinki was in his room, listening to music. It was one of the rare times where he had it to himself, since the others had decided to go see a movie. He had spent the last few hours thinking about what had happened in the afternoon. He was really trying to make sense of it all. He couldn’t understand why someone would care so much for him, when he had done nothing to earn that kind of attention. He hadn’t wanted to be so harsh earlier, but it was how he reacted when he felt insecure. Especially, since he felt very depressed lately. He should’ve wanted to have a friend by his side, but whenever something good would happen, he always saw the down side to it. He felt really bad, because he didn’t want to be like that. Everyone around him thought he was so sweet and happy all the time, when it really wasn’t the case, and he tried his best to live up to this image, which was a burden for him.

 

He really wanted to call Seung Hyun and explain everything, but he was afraid. He didn’t want to be rejected, even though he was the one who put them in this situation. He looked at his phone, hoping to hear it ring and when it didn’t, he felt even sadder. He needed to call him, now. He selected the number from his contact list and waited. He was so nervous; he could feel his hands shake. Fortunately, he heard the familiar deep voice say: Hello?

 

“Hey… it’s me…”

 

“I know”, Seung Hyun said coldy.

 

“I was just calling to tell you how sorry I am; it had nothing to do with you…”Jinki calmly explained, while looking at his socks. He heard the older one sigh.

 

“What is going on then?”The rapper asked.

 

“I’m just going through some things… but it’ll be okay.”

 

“You can talk to me, you know.”

 

“I don’t know if I can… I mean, it’s really nothing and I wouldn’t want to burden you.”The truth was that he really needed to talk to someone, but he always felt silly when he told his problems to others.

 

“Ok, then”, Seung Hyun replied, disappointed.

 

“I would really like to hang out though”, Jinki said out of the blue.

 

“Now?” The older one asked, surprised.

 

“Yes, but I would understand if you didn’t want to…”

 

“Where do you want to go?”

 

“Well, there’s a great ice cream parlor near the dorm”, Jinki said smiling. “I guess we could go there.”

 

Seung Hyun smiled. He couldn’t wait to see the younger one eat ice cream. Jinki told him to meet him in front of the house and thirty minutes later, they were both coming out of the shop with an ice cream cone in their hands. Seung Hyun had taken vanilla ice cream, while Jinki had the mint and chocolate chips flavoured one. They walked while eating and soon they were passing by a park.

 

“Do you want to go sit on a bench?”Seung Hyun asked, while savouring his ice cream.

 

“Sure.”

 

They both sat and smiled awkwardly at each other.

 

“It’s such a beautiful night”, Seung Hyun finally said.

 

“Toniiiight, toniiight”, Jinki suddenly sang.

 

The rapper laughed, loving his friend’s sense of humor. Jinki smiled and took another of his ice cream. When he lifted his head up, Seung Hyun started laughing again. Jinki had some ice cream over his mouth, and didn’t even notice.

 

“Why are you laughing?”Jinki asked, confused.

 

“You really don’t know?”  Seung Hyun stretched out his arm and slowly wiped the ice cream off his mouth.

 

Jinki felt a shiver go through his body. Was he crazy to think that Seung Hyun, was perhaps, flirting with him? He still couldn’t get over what had happened on the doorstep. He could still hear the rapper’s husky voice whispering in his ear, and that made his mind go in places he’d rather not be.

 

They finished their ice cream cone, and started walking back towards the dorm, Seung Hyun having left his car nearby. Five minutes later, they were standing there, ready to say goodbye. Once again, they were very close to each other, and Jinki was very uncomfortable.

 

“Thank you for hanging out with me”, Jinki said with an honest smile.

 

“Anytime”, Seung Hyun replied. He couldn’t stop staring at Jinki; he was just so beautiful in the moment, he wasn’t sure he’d be able to restrain himself anymore. He stepped closer to the one facing him and a second later, his lips crushed his in a passionate way. He could feel Jinki holding back, but it felt too good to stop.

 

When he finally heard a soft moan escape from the younger one’s parted lips, he slid his tongue into the warm mouth, needing to taste as much as he could of Jinki. The kiss was long and intense and Seung Hyun felt like he was in heaven.

 

Jinki suddenly pushed him away, coming back to his senses. He was petrified and utterly confused. Without warning, he just walked to the front door, went inside, and locked it.