Let..

Don't Let Me Forget

Minhyuk was lost for words.

Eunji frowned. "I said, where's sungjae?"

Minhyuk opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

Eunji turned around and was about to walk off when Minhyuk reached out and grabbed onto her arm.

"He..He told me to keep you company for the time being! He said he's going to be really late..!"

Eunji turned around and looked into his eyes, studying his face to see if he was lieing.

"Really?"

Minhyuk slowly started grinning again and nodded. "Y-yeah!"

Eunji sighed. "Okay then."

Minhyuk remembered how Eunji was really gullable and believed nearly everything she heard.

Minhyuk slowly dropped his hand from her arm and held onto her hand. "..Let's go."

Eunji was about to pull away and protest about holding hands but Minhyuk quickly pulled her before she could do anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji stepped out of the car and was embraced with a cool wind and the smell of salt.

Minhyuk stepped out and watched Eunji slowly smile at the sight.

He couldn't help but smile himself. He remembered how much she loved the beach. Especially, late in the afternoon.

Minhyuk walked around his car to stand next to her.

"It feels nice, doesn't it?"

Eunji looked over at Minhyuk and beamed, before turning back. "Yeah, it is."

Minhyuk couldn't take his eyes off of Eunji. He was so in love with her.

Eunji slipped off her shoes and took a step foward into the soft white sand.

She continued her way down towards the water. Minhyuk quickly took his shoes off and followed after her.

Both Eunji and Minhyuk walked down in silence, already feeling comfortable with each other.

To Eunji's surprise, Minhyuk quickly took Eunji's shoes and held them for her.

Eunji smiled to herself and stopped walking.

Minhyuk stopped straight away and curiously looked at Eunji, wondering what she was thinking.

"You know.. I sometimes wonder what kind of person you are." Eunji looked down at her feet then back up. "What kind of person i fell in love with."

Minhyuk continued watching Eunji's expression.

"I.. I want to remember you too. It feels empty you know. Always knowing there is a part of your mind missing. Forever." Eunji turned and looked at Minhyuk. "Why are you the only person that i can't remember? It really makes me think." Eunji sadly laughed. "How much did you mean in my life."

"Everything."

Eunji stopped laughing, shocked at his response.

"You loved me. I loved you. No, scratch that. I LOVE you. I never stopped and i never will. I won't stop trying to get your memory back of me, even if it's the last thing i do."

Eunji opened to say something but Minhyuk stopped her.

"I have something to give you."

Minhyuk brought out a small box from his pocket and opened it up.

"This is the ring i gave you exactly a year ago. Why the infinity sign? To always remind you how long i will love you."

Minhyuk slowly reached for Eunji's hand and slipped the ring on her fourth finger.

Eunji felt bad for just accepting the ring but something inside of her was telling her to just accept it and keep quiet.

It slowly started becoming dark and the waves were crashing into each other.

The wind was picking up so Minhyuk decided to take Eunji to the beach house, he took her a year ago.

Minhyuk held her hand again and walked to the direction of the house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjae paced back and forth, thinking what he should do.

He couldn't push Gaeun out of the way but nor could he get out.

"Sungjae. Just give up. You guys weren't meant to be."

Sungjae angrily looked at Gaeun.

"Why is that your decision to make? Can't i love too? Just because they were together in the past doesn't mean they have to in the future!"

Gaeun gasped. "You KNOW what they were like together! You saw them together with your own eyes! How could you just take advantage of this situation and take her away!"

"Take advantage?! No. I'm being there for her! I love her as much as Minhyuk hyung does! No, even more! He wasn't even there for her while she was in hospital. Who was? Yeah. Me!"

Gaeun took a step foward towards Sungjae. "It's not his fault! He wasn't allowed to come near her! You knew what was going on!"

Sungjae scoffed. "Yeah. And is it my fault Minhyuk hyung wasn't allowed near her?"

Gaeun opened and stared at him. "You're really something. You know that?"

Sungjae laughed. "Yeah. I am." He quickly pushed past Gaeun and walked out the door.

Gaeun looked back and watched Sungjae walk off.

"You're a jerk! Did you know that?!" Gaeun screamed out and huffed in anger.

Sungjae continuously called Eunji but she wasn't picking up her phone.

Sungjae quickly took the bus to Eunji's house only finding out that she was still out and hasn't come back home yet.

Where could she be..?

Suddenly Minhyuk popped into his head.

- flash back -

"How was it? How was it?" Gaeun tugged on Minhyuk's sleeve.

Minhyuk scratched the back of his head.

"Well.. I took her to that beach she always wanted to go to and you know.. rented a beach house nearby." Minhyuk sheepishly grinned.

Gaeun squealed and smacked Sungjae's arm.

Sungjae winced in pain and rubbed his arm.

"And then? And then what happened?" Gaeun leaned closer and waited eagerly.

"Hm.. It's a secret." Minhyuk grinned happily while Gaeun kept pestering him to tell.

- end of flashback -

Sungjae slowly looked up and started to run.