Part 2

0:00:00.1

~~

 

“Jessi, wake up now.” Tiffany shook the woman’s shoulder for the third time, each attempt to wake the girl up getting more violent than the last.

 

However, Jessica managed to remain in dreamland, still sleeping like a rock.

 

“Goshhh…” Tiffany muttered under her breath in annoyance and tucked the strands of hair that had come loose behind her ear. “Who does she think she is? Sleeping Beauty?”

 

A light bulb flickered on in her mind and she swung a leg over the sleeping woman, straddling her as she leaned forward.

 

“Jesssiiiii…” She purred huskily into Jessica’s right ear and lightly scraped her long nails along her .

 

The sleeping beauty finally stirred and rolled onto her back. She brought up a hand to rub the sleep out of her eyes while yawning cutely. She froze when she saw someone’s face right in front of her and realized that the ‘someone’ was sitting on top of her, wearing nothing but a huge pink bathrobe. Tiffany sat up straight after accomplishing her mission and gave Jessica a wide happy grin that made her eyes smile as well.

 

“Morning Jessi!~” The eyesmiling woman greeted happily, but Jessica just stared at her wide eyed and then suddenly backed up to the head board, pulling the blanket with her, and depositing Tiffany on her behind in the process.

 

Tiffany sat back up properly and straightened her robe before looking at the woman on the bed who was glaring at her while protectively pulling the blanket up to her chin.

 

“Oh please, Jess.” She rolled her eyes and folded her arms with a mischievous look on her face. “I’ve already seen all there is to see.”

 

A tinge of pink crept up onto the ice princess’s cheeks but the girl did not break the intense staring competition with Tiffany.

 

“Who are you?” Jessica asked softly, her melodious voice pulling Tiffany out from her trance of staring into the dark brown orbs.

 

“Me? Tiffany.”

 

Jessica continued to stare at her in confusion, a hand holding her head which was aching from the hangover.

 

“You really don’t know who I am? Or are you pretending to be innocent?” Tiffany asked back and walked closer to the bed.

 

Jessica tried to back away even further as Tiffany slowly crawled towards her with a smirk, and she shook her head vigorously.

 

“You don’t know? Do you want to know?” Jessica nodded twice and gulped when Tiffany put her hands on her shoulder and leaned in, eyes focused on her lips.

 

Jessica gasped when Tiffany pressed her lips against hers, but she proceeded to wrap her arms around the latter’s waist as the memories of the previous night came back to her. Tiffany erupted into a fit of giggles when she felt Jessica’s s hardening through the thin fabric of the cover of the blanket.

 

“Oh Jessi, it’s too early in the morning.” She flirtingly slapped the blushing girl’s bare shoulder and gave her a wink. “Go shower. I’ve ordered breakfast for us.”

 

Two can play a game. Jessica suddenly got out of bed and stretched while yawning again, not bothering to cover her body with anything. She noticed the way Tiffany’s eyes wandered along the length of her body and began walking towards Tiffany with a playful glint in her eyes and an arrogant smile on her lips, the lost child look she had a second ago nowhere to be seen.

 

“Would you care to help me shower?” She winked suggestively and pulled on the string of Tiffany’s pink bathrobe strongly, propelling the girl towards her and also untying the knot in the process.

 

Tiffany hesitated for a moment, her mind returning to the phone call she had a few minutes ago…

 

“Hello, Yuri.”

 

“T-TIFFANY??!!”

 

“That’s me.”

 

“Why do you have Sica’s phone?”

 

“Why do I? I wonder too…”

“I’ll coming over right now. I’ll see you in 30 minutes.”

 

*Beeepppp*

 

Tiffany stared back at the girl in front of her, deciding that there is still time. Jessica slammed her lips onto Tiffany’s, not allowing her to neither reply nor struggle. She placed her hands under the bathrobe, on Tiffany’s waist and slowly slid them up to her shoulders. With a flick of the wrists, the pink clothing fell onto the ground in a heap, completely exposing Tiffany. They stumbled over each other as Jessica pushed Tiffany backwards into the bathroom and their tongues dancing around. Tiffany did nothing to stop her.

 

“It’s my turn now.” Jessica murmured before turning on the shower and letting the water rain down on them.

 

~~

 

Two girls were seating side by side on the sofa of a large suite. They were chatting while eating their breakfast of toast and caramel coffee. Both had smiles on their faces as they learnt more about each other. However, the brunette kept on glancing at the door, as if waiting for it to burst open any time soon.

 

Ding Dong Ding Dong~

Tiffany put down her cup of coffee and immediately stood up. Jessica turned towards the door and looked up at the latter with questioning eyes.

 

“Uhh… I wonder who it is. I’ll go check.” Tiffany took a deep breath before unlocking the door.

 

“TIFFANY HWANG!” A tall tanned woman with straight black pushed the door wide open and stormed into the room. “Where is she?!”

 

Sensing movement out of her peripheral vision, Yuri turned to her right and saw Jessica staring at her, shocked at her sudden arrival. Yuri stared back at her ex-girlfriend, taking in her appearance with her hair still wet from the shower, her lips swollen from the kisses of the previous night, and a love bite clearly exposed by Tiffany’s wide neck top. Jessica broke their eye contact and turned away to meet the other woman’s.

 

“Tiffany?” Her eyes showed the hurt of betrayal, confusion, and anger. Tiffany shook her head slowly.

 

“Tiffany? Tiffany?! Your girlfriend is standing in front of you and all you can say it that ’s name?” Yuri shouted, flinging her arms around in fury.

 

Jessica only replied with a glare and headed towards the door after grabbing her bag from the table.

 

“Jessi?” Tiffany held her wrist and prevented her from leaving. Jessica turned towards the gentle voice and her eyes softened after meeting the pair of apologetic ones, already forgiving the girl before the apology was even said. Tiffany wrapped her arms around Jessica’s shoulders and whispered into her ear. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know until this morning. Believe me?”

 

Jessica nodded and held Tiffany’s waist while running her fingers through the brown hair. “I believe you. Yuri and I are nothing anymore anyways.”

 

Jessica untangled herself from the embrace and moved her head slightly forward to place a soft kiss on Tiffany’s lips. “Bye babe. I’ll see you again soon.”

 

Tiffany nodded and gave her a happy eyesmile. “Imm. Bye Jessi!”

 

Yuri’s mouth hung wide open in disbelief as she watched her girlfriend and best friend share an intimate hug and kiss goodbye. Her blood boiled with anger and her fingers clenched into fists by her side. After the door closed shut, Tiffany turned towards her friend with a smirk that can only be described as evil.

 

“Tiffany, I can’t believe you.” Yuri glared at her, almost unable to get her words out. “How can you do this to me? You’re my best friend. But y-you… s-! !”

 

Tiffany folded her arms with a scoff and rolled her eyes. “Well, you’re no better than I am. I can’t believe you either. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?”

 

Yuri’s mouth hang open in shock upon witnessing a side of her friend that she never knew existed. “How is this not a big deal? My best friend just had with my girlfriend.”

 

“You should know.” Tiffany’s low voice was filled with sarcasm and her sharp glare cut right through Yuri’s soul and made her bleed guilt.

 

“Anyways, she’s not your girlfriend anymore. You have no right to be this frustrated. Unless you are still not over her.” Tiffany coolly continued, walking away into the bedroom. “But she clearly stated that she’s over you.”

 

“Are you doing this on purpose?” Yuri followed her and stood by the entrance, observing the state the room was in, and the images of Jessica and Tiffany on the bed kept reappearing in her mind no matter how hard she tried to ignore them.

 

“This? Yes. Calling you over? Yes.” Tiffany picked up her pink tank top from where it laid on the floor and folded it mindlessly. “And you probably know the reason why. You’re smart enough, Yuri.”

 

Yes, Yuri knew it, and how she hoped this didn’t have to happen. The reason comes down to one word; revenge. Revenge for that one foolish millisecond decision she had made in the past.

 

“But no.” Tiffany completed her answer and looked at straight at Yuri. “Jessica wasn’t on purpose.”

 

“Why, Tiffany? Why her?” Yuri buried her head in her hands, tears blurring her vision. “I love her Tiffany.”

 

“Maybe you do. Maybe you don’t. But you’ve let her go.” Yuri opened to disagree but was made speechless by the latter’s confession. “To answer your question, I like her.”

 

~~

 

That night Jessica could not sleep. She had gone to the flat she shared with Yuri, collected all her belongings, and moved back to her parent’s house. She was warmly welcomed back and no questions were asked. Krystal, who opened the door, took a glance at Jessica’s tired face and allowed her sister to silently go to their shared room after giving her a feel-better bear hug. Immediately after putting down her bags, she slipped into her bed and closed her eyes to sleep. But she found that she couldn’t. Her mind kept returning to the previous night, the fight she had with Yuri, and Tiffany. She felt her sister climb into her bed and snuggle by her side, thinking that she was asleep. Jessica tried to change her train of thoughts, but they kept returning to this one woman named Tiffany. She tried counting sheep jumping over fences but ended up counting the amount of time Tiffany was jumping on the bed. She heaved a big sigh and gently turned to her side to embrace her sleeping beloved sister. Jessica gazed at the moon through the open shades of the window, admiring its soft glow which reminded her of Tiffany’s caring personality, and praying for it to help her figure out the warmth Tiffany has placed inside her cold heart.

In the end, she gave up with a heavy sigh and let her mind think about Tiffany as much as it wants.

 

The next morning, Jessica woke up very early. Krystal came out of the bathroom just as she sat up in bed and froze in mid-step as if she saw a ghost.

 

“Unnie, you’re awake?” She asked in surprise and rushed towards her sister, putting a hand on the older girl’s forehead. “You’re up at 7:30 in the morning?!”

 

Jessica just chuckled and softly kissed Krystal’s forehead before walking into the bathroom with a few pieces of clothing in her hand.

 

“Unnie, gross! You haven’t brushed your teeth yet!” Krystal’s whine could be heard through the closed door but Jessica heeded it no attention.

 

She closed the drain of the sink, placed the clothes, and the tap. Yes, Jessica— the residential princess— was going to wash clothes. And not just anyone’s clothes, not Yuri’s, not Krystal’s, not even hers. They were Tiffany’s.

 

It’s only because Umma will question why I own designer labeled lingerie if she sees them in the laundry basket.Jessica told herself.

 

Maybe it’s because you want to show her that you care.A voice in her head refuted.

 

Care? What care?Jessica frowned and breathed out heavily in annoyance.

 

Care, kindness, love. Didn’t she tell you that you don’t have to return them?

 

“I’m going to give them back to her. So there.” Jessica said out loud to shut up the stupid voice and to convince herself that she has the guts to face Tiffany again.

 

~~

 

Jessica was standing at the entrance of the club, holding a brown paper bag in her hand. She looked really out of place, wearing a formal business suit since she had a meeting at noon. She searched around, trying to spot a familiar brunette among the crowd but failed. She heaved a sigh and walked towards her short bartender friend who was waving frantically at her.

 

“Yo Shica!”

 

“Hey Tae.” Jessica sat down and rested her head tiredly on the paper bag she was carrying.

 

“Trying to find someone?”

 

Jessica nodded and once again scanned the big room for Tiffany.

 

“She’s not here.”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow and looked at the short girl who was smiling widely as if she just won the lottery.

 

“Got loads of news for you.” Taeyeon climbed up onto her own stool and began counting off her fingers. “1) Yuri came in yesterday, got miserably drunk and left with a girl named Yoona. 2) The girl you were getting on with the day before yesterday? Do you remember her? Because I don’t know her name. Anyways, she came back yesterday also. And left right before Yuri got here. She paid for your drinks and 3) she left you a note. You two have something going on? She’s quite a hit here: cute, y, and beautiful. And she has a really nice .”

 

Jessica grabbed the piece of pink paper out of Taeyeon’s hand and glared at her for saying the last two sentences. Taeyeon gulped and closed her eyes in fear that the glare would freeze her soul. Jessica chuckled and unfolded the note, squinting to read the cursive in the dark.

 

Jessi,

 

How’s everything going? I hope it is all OK. ^^

Unfortunately, I have to leave earlier than expected.

And I really want to see you again.

So if you wouldn’t mind, please come to me before Sunday?

I’ll be waiting for you.

 

<3,

Tiffany

 

Jessica smiled as she read and her heart skipped a beat at the ending.

 

“What does it say?” Taeyeon asked curiously, leaning over the counter to peek at the paper.

 

“Nothing.” Jessica hurriedly refolded the note and securely put it into the chest pocket of her shirt.

 

“It’s surely not nothing from the way you’re blushing, ice princess.” Taeyeon grinned dorkily and poked the blonde’s cheeks.

 

“I-I’m going.” Jessica abruptly stood up, grabbed her bag and turned around to hide her face. “Uhh.. Thanks, Tae.”

 

She hurried out of the bar while Taeyeon chuckled at her friend’s flustered state. Jessica wanted to face-palm herself for stuttering and to punch her own face for blushing. She wanted to know what is wrong with her, what is wrong with her heart that was running a marathon, and most importantly, why she wanted to go meet Tiffany so much.

 

~~

 

The next day, Jessica decided to give her luck another try and listened to her persistent heart. She woke up early again and headed towards the hotel, hoping to settle everything before going to work. She walked a few blocks down the road while unconsciously thinking about Tiffany and smiling. She soon arrived at the glass doors of the hotel and confidently walked into the lobby, the clicking of her heels echoing through the high-ceilinged lobby. She approached the receptionist, who was openly gawking at her, and flashed him a smile.

 

“M-may I h-help you, miss?” The man closed his gaping mouth and tried to smile back charmingly.

 

“I’m trying to find someone with the name of Tif—” Jessica leaned forward to ask her question but was interrupted by someone shouting her name.

 

“Yah, SICAH!” Her tall long-legged colleague, Sooyoung, strode excitedly towards her in full speed and stopped one millisecond from crashing into her. “Watcha doing here?

 

“Miss, can you please repeat the name?” The receptionist interjected, now smiling at Sooyoung.

 

“Tiffany Hwang.” Jessica answered, smiling as she said the name.

 

“Oo, who’s that? Are you cheating on Yuri? Should I call Hyobaby to tell on you?” Sooyoung winked jokingly while color drained from the man’s face as he realized the orientation of the women he was just hitting on.

 

Jessica’s smile disappeared as soon as the topic of Yuri came up and she immediately changed the topic. “Anyways, why are you here Soo?”

 

“Mr. Lee wanted me to book a ballroom to hold our new magazine launch.” Sooyoung’s face lit up in a smile as she sneakily clung onto Jessica’s arm. “Hey, why don’t you come along? And then maybe we can have lunch together afterwards. You still have to treat me for your birthday.”

 

“I’m busy.” Jessica rolled her eyes at the taller girl’s tactics. “I’ll—”

 

“JESSI!” She was once again interrupted by a familiar loud voice.

 

Jessica gulped as she turned to face the woman who was smiling widely and waving at her. She felt all her confidence go down the drain when she saw the beautiful brunette. She pulled her coat closed as if it will quiet the loud thumping of her fast pounding heart.

 

“Soo, let’s go.” Jessica grabbed the said woman’s hand and dragged her away to the opposite side.

 

“Jessi?” Tiffany called again uncertainly. The ily husky voice sounded closer than before and Jessica quickened her pace.

 

“What about—” Sooyoung turned back to look at Tiffany who was frowning by herself, but Jessica would not let go of her hand.

 

“Let’s just go do our job.”

 

“But the ballrooms are on the other side.”

 

“Just shut up for now. I’ll treat you a buffet later.”

 

“Ok, just remember to keep your promise. Oh, and also tell me about your new girl.” Sooyoung smiled victoriously and began pulling her friend along into a random direction.

 

“You want to know about me?” The same low voice said from right behind them as a soft hand grabbed Sooyoung’s.

 

“EEEKKKK.” The two girls who were running away shrieked in unison. Tiffany covered her ears quickly before the high pitches damages her ear drums.

 

“JESSI! Stop!” She shouted and placed a hand on the said girl’s shoulder, immediately making her close .

 

“H-hey Tiff. I didn’t see you.” Jessica lied, her eyes looking everywhere but at the woman in pink.

 

“Well, you see me now. Did you get my note?” Tiffany smiled widely and her eyes disappeared cutely. Jessica nodded quickly and bit her bottom lip nervously.

 

“Hey tall girl, why don’t we grab a coffee and you know, get to know me?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung, but her eyes never left Jessica.

 

Sooyoung looked back and forth at the two women. Jessica was glaring at her saying I-will-never-take-you-to-a-buffet-if-you-say-yes while Tiffany had on a smile that clearly meant I-might-have-addressed-you-but-I-meant-only-Jessica. She let out a sigh; it is really difficult to choose between friends and food.

 

“Sica-ah…” Well, Jessica’s a friend who Sooyoung loves more than food. “Why don’t you two go first, and I’ll catch up later after I finish the business? You don’t want Mr. Lee to kill me, do you?”

 

“Hear that, Jessi? Let’s go.” Jessica glared at her friend in horror while she was dragged away by a happy Tiffany. Sooyoung shivered after reading the message Jessica sent through her eyes: I’ll kill you before Mr. Lee can.

 

~~

 

Jessica and Tiffany were seated in a corner table at a small cozy coffee shop. Tiffany was still smiling widely as she tried to keep the conversation going while Jessica fiddled with her fingers and answered with single words. Her big paper bag was hidden safely behind her since she didn’t want Tiffany to know that she came in search for her.

 

A waiter approached their table with a notepad in his hands and a handsome smile on his face. “Hello ladies, what would you like to order?”

 

“Jessi?” Tiffany asked me first, handing the menu to me.

 

“Caramel coffee.” Jessica replied without even taking the menu.

 

“Oh.” Tiffany brought her hand back down and smiled up at the man. “I guess I’ll just have that too.”

 

“Alright! Two caramel coffees coming up for you.” He sent her a wink before walking back towards the counter. Jessica grunted in annoyance at the waiter, angry that he was clearly flirting with Tiffany.

 

“Jessi, what’s wrong?” Tiffany held the woman’s hand and asked with concern.

 

Jessica felt her heart speed up and her face heat up at the warm gentle touch. “N-nothing.”

 

“Why is your face so red? Are you sick?” Tiffany reached over to place a hand on her forehead but it was stopped in midair.

 

“I’m f-fine.” Jessica brought the hand back down but did not release it. She mustered up a small smile to look more convincing.

 

“Ok… but why did you run away when you saw me?” Tiffany continued smiling but her eyes looked hurt.

 

Jessica squeezed her hands tightly and shook her head. “I don’t know. It’s just… my heart…”

 

“Your heart what?”

 

“My heart…” She swallowed hard and looked up at the beautiful brunette.

 

“Your heart was,” Tiffany bended over the table and quickly pecked Jessica’s lips, “beating fast like now?”

 

“Did yours also beat fast like this?” Jessica’s cheeks turned bright red and she cleared before reaching a hand up to caress Tiffany’s cheeks. “Because mine did.”

 

Tiffany nodded and let out a chuckle. Upon the unleashing of the megawatt eyesmile, Jessica also smiled widely with her rabbit teeth showing.

 

“AWWWW. You’re so cute and pretty when you’re like this.” Tiffany cooed and pinched the latter’s cheeks. The two then erupted into giggles and an exchange of random cheesy compliments.

 

They were once again too caught up in their own world that they didn’t notice the waiter who had came back with their orders. They didn’t see the look at he gave them when he saw their entwined hands as they were too busy staring at each other. And they didn’t realize that another couple has joined them in the café.

 

Yuri and Yoona entered the coffee shop, unaware that Jessica and Tiffany were also inside. They sat down at an isolated table, order coffee, and chitchatted like a normal couple being all happy and sweet until Yuri heard the very familiar laughter of her two used-to-be favorite people.

 

“HAHA Jessi, you’re so funny!” Tiffany laughed loudly while Jessica pouted cutely for a second before giggling shyly.

 

Yuri’s smile faded away and a frown replaced it. The happiness in her heart was replaced with anger. She hated how Jessica was being all cute and lovely and smiling with Tiffany when she refused to even talk to her for more than 1 minute. She continued watching them as they took a drink from their coffees without breaking their eye contact. She gritted her teeth when Jessica reached forward to wipe off Tiffany’s foam moustache with her thumb. Tiffany smiled before getting up and leaving for the washroom.

 

“Yul?” Yoona quickly called out when Yuri suddenly stood up. However, the woman ignored her and began walking towards the other side of the room.

 

“Jessica.” The said girl looked up in surprise but her expression turned bitter when she saw the two women.

 

“What do you want?” Yuri grabbed her wrist and pulled her up. “Yuri, let go of me!”

 

“Yuri?” Yoona’s call was unheard as the two had already exited the café. She turned when hurried footsteps sounded behind her.

 

“What’s going on?” She gulped when she saw Tiffany glaring at her with her arms crossed.

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry.” Yoona bowed and stumbled backwards, trying to get away.

 

Tiffany looked out the window to see Jessica being dragged away by Yuri and she took the paper bag that Jessica had left behind.

 

“No need to apologize, Yoona. In fact I would like to thank you.” She told the younger woman with a sincere smile. “For bringing Jessica to me. And can you please tell Jessi that I’m still waiting for her?”

 

Yoona could only stare in shock at what she heard while Tiffany left after giving her a comforting pat on the shoulder.

 

``

 

“YURI!” Jessica struggled to get out of the woman’s grasp but she was unable to shake it off. She was dragged into the familiar neighborhood and Yuri pulled her inside the house, slamming the door closed behind them. She pushed her roughly against the wood and forced her lips onto hers. Jessica tried to push her with all her might and turned her head away.

 

“Yuri, stop!”

 

“NO!” Yuri kissed her cheek, her jaw line, her neck, ignoring all the punches and slaps that she was given.

 

“Kwon Yuri!”

 

“Tell me that you love me.”

 

“Never!” The sound of skin on skin echoed in their ears as Jessica was finally released from the confining hold. “I don’t love you.”

 

“Sica…” Yuri stared in shock while holding her cheek.

 

“You should have stopped when I told you to.” Jessica muttered and opened the door to leave. “This wouldn’t have happened.”

 

“Unnie.” Yoona was standing outside, looking down at her hands guilty and apologetically. “I’m sorry.”

 

Jessica gave her a slight smile and patted her head. “I should be mad at you, but I can’t be bothered. Yuri’s heart was no longer mine since the day she saw you.”

 

“Unnie….”

 

“Yoong, take good care of Yuri. I know you truly love her. And don’t be sad for my heart no longer belong to her either.”

 

Yoona could only nod obediently at the words of the older woman, amazed by her kindness and understanding.

“Unnie, Tiffany…”

 

Jessica turned around with a smile. “I know.”

 

Yoona nodded and walked in through the open door and was immediately greeted by Yuri’s tear-filled embrace.

 

“Yoona-ah, what have I done?” She wailed as she sobbed on the latter’s shoulder. “I have lost both my best friend and… girlfriend.”

 

“Shhh… I’m still here.” Yoona soothingly rubbed circles on her back and whispered into her ear. “And they’ll still be here too as your friends if you change your ways.”

 

Yuri nodded and determinedly set a promise. “I will. I don’t want to lose them. And I don’t want to lose you.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere.” Yoona reassured, making Yuri’s heart calm down and lifting the weights off her shoulders.

 

~~

As much as Jessica wanted to rush back to Tiffany, she had priorities. She had to go to work. She had to sit through boring meetings, stare at the computer until her eyes hurt, listen to the complaints of the heads, and suffer through Sooyoung’s incessant questioning. Finally after eight long hours of hell, Jessica exited her company’s skyscraper and hastily made her way, following her heart.

 

Up twenty-one floors, down the hall to the door at the end. 2201.

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany?” Jessica rang the door bell and knock on the wood repeatedly with even a sign of desperateness. However, no one answered. “Tiffany… please…”

 

Jessica sat down in front of the door and hugged her knees tightly. “I will not leave until you come.”

 

Her mind was racing with random thoughts and her heart was pounding, worried that she has lost her chance. She closed her eyes and rested her head on her knees.

 

“I won’t leave until you come.” Jessica mumbled under her breath like a mantra. “I won’t leave until you come.”

 

--

Tiffany came skipping down the hallway happily but skid into a stop with a loud gasp when she saw the woman sitting outside her room. “JESSI!”

 

She immediately rushed towards her and kneeled down in front. A frown appeared when the woman did not lift her head nor respond. “Hey? Are you ok?”

 

She poked Jessica shoulder and shrieked when the woman crumbled down onto the ground. “OH MY GOSH!”

 

Tiffany worriedly scrambled forward on all fours to check if she was still alive but stopped when she saw her chest slowly rising up and falling back down. A light snore sounded from the woman’s mouth.

 

“Heavens Jessi, you scared the sh!t out of me!” Tiffany breathed out in relief and sat down cross-legged beside the sleeping woman. She looked at her again, not knowing what to do, and ended up in a fit of ‘mad’ laughter. She laughed until tears came out and her laughs softened into chuckles and then to giggles.

 

“Gosh, I was so worried that I’ve lost you just when I've found you.” Tiffany smiled down at Jessica. “Now, I should get you inside, shouldn’t I?”

 

She violently shook the sleeping woman, but she didn’t wake up. Tiffany scratched her head, wondering what she should do. She moved onto her knees and opened the door to her room. Then with a burst of energy, she heaved Jessica into her arms.

 

“Sleeping beauty… won’t even wake up…” Tiffany muttered quietly in amusement while half dragging, half carrying the latter into the room. She pulled the covers off the bed and placed Jessica gently onto it. She tucked her in before gently kissing Jessica’s forehead. “I hope you’re dreaming about me.”

 

~~

Jessica felt cold. The blanket was not providing her with enough warmth. She moved around, trying to roll the blanket tightly around her body, when she found the source of heat she needed. She moved closer towards it, wrapping her arms around the soft pillow and snuggling against it. It was perfect… until a giggle broke through Jessica’s sleep-clouded mind. Pillows don’t giggle, do they?

 

Jessica lazily opened an eye to peek at her ‘pillow’ and immediately woke up upon seeing Tiffany smiling at her.


“Hello.” Tiffany put down the book she was reading and waved at the woman who was clinging to her waist. “Had a nice sleep?”

 

Jessica scooted back and sat up. She nodded in response as a wide yawn took over her.

 

“How long have I been sleeping?”

 

“Around two hours.”

 

Jessica blinked in surprise. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

 

“I didn’t want your interrupt your dreams about me.” Tiffany shot her a wink, causing the latter to blush and avert her eyes as the statement was true.

 

Jessica looked away while trying to control her expression, but she couldn’t hide away her surprise and disappointment when she saw the packed bags lined up against the wall.

 

“You’re leaving already?”

 

“I’m just going to visit my Granny’s village, maybe for about 2 days?” Tiffany told her, noticing the look on her eyes.

 

“So you finally came…”  Tiffany murmured into Jessica’s sweet-smelling hair as the blonde attached herself to the woman’s front. “Are you ok?”

 

Jessica nodded, burying her head deeper into the latter’s bosom. “I think she accepted that we are nothing. She didn’t say anything but I was pretty clear to her… I think. Yoona will—”

 

“Jessi?” Tiffany interrupted her, pushing her head back. “I can’t concentrate on what you’re saying when you’re holding me like that.”

 

Jessica chuckled and rolled onto her back while Tiffany picked up her book again to distract herself from feeling hot and bothered. “I hope I’ll manage to remain as friends with her.”

 

“Sometimes the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.” Tiffany stated calmly.

 

“What?!” Jessica exclaimed, staring at her like she has gone crazy.

 

The latter smiled down innocently at her and pointed at the book in her hands. “Just reading out a line from Eat, Pray, Love. Seems like it’s advice for you.”

 

“You’ve already helped me a lot with that.”

 

"Well, I'm willing to help you even more." Tiffany winked at her.

 

“I feel this attraction towards you.” Jessica looked down at her hands while smiling gently at her thoughts. “Starting from the second I met you. I know I was drunk, but there was this something. And that night… I’ve been trying over the past two days, Tiffany, but I just can’t forget you. I just can’t get you out of my mind for one second. I must sound like a creeper, right? We hardly know each other.”

 

“No Jessi. I know what you mean. I… feel the same way.” Tiffany held Jessica’s gaze steadily and reached forward to hold her hands, both deep in thoughts. “I get butterflies when I am with you. And I just can't stop smiling, like right now."

 

“I've never seen you without that beautiful smile of yours.” Jessica said, adding to the cheesiness.

 

The two chuckled at Jessica’s comment but the attempt to lift the sinking mood was unsuccessful as they soon fell into an awkward silence as with some things left unsaid.

 

“But Jessi? I’m going back to America tomorrow.”

 

“I know.” Jessica looked at the woman beside her.

 

“And you’re going to be here.” Tiffany’s smile grew sad. She didn’t want to start something that is not going to work. She did not want those sparks in her heart to grow into something greater if it would only bring her hurt and pain.

 

“Who said I am?”

“You’re not?!” Tiffany voice rose an octave in excitement and her eyes regained their twinkle upon seeing the other woman’s grin.

 

Jessica nodded happily. “I took up the offer that I got last month to switch to the department in LA.”

 

“B-but why now?” Tiffany’s cheeks took on a pink tint as she added shyly. “Is it because of me?”

 

Jessica nodded again. Tiffany scooted forward and hugged her tightly. She felt as if her heart was going to burst from happiness, excitement, and hope. However, she still felt slightly unconvinced and hesitant.

 

“That’s great, Jessi. It truly is. But then again, why would you do something like this for me?”

 

“Can’t you see it?” Jessica flicked her forehead lightly and then kissed the spot she hit before Tiffany could unleash her heart-stoppingly cute pout. “Fate brought us together. We were destined to meet. My life had already changed the second I met you.”

 

“You already owned my heart the millisecond I looked at you.” Tiffany wrapped her arms around Jessica’s neck and whispered against her lips.

 

“Can’t you see it?” Jessica repeated her question with a smile and leaned in closer until there was less than a millimeter in between them. “I like you.”

 

“And I’ll take my chance on you.”