The Last Chapter

A Second Chance of Love
25 years later..

Today is Jihyo's wedding day. My little daughter will be a wife.

And there she was, wearing a simple white gown with a veil on her head. Her brunette long hair was simply layered down. Her make up was put lightly, so it suits her simple personality. She look very beautiful today. And just like her father, Jihyo has a smile that can make anyone around her feels warm.

"Mom.." she called me as she sat closer to me.

I put my hand on her cheek and said, "Yes Dear?".

"I'm so nervous, Mom. I'm afraid I can't be a good wife." she said worriedly.

"Don't worry, Dear.. I know you can a be good wife.." I said calming her.

"How, Mom?" she asked me.

"Just love your husband with all your heart." I said again.

"Just like as much as your love for dad?" she asked again.

"As much as your Dad's love for us.." I answered her. My eyes became teary.

"I miss him so much, Mom.." she said.

"I miss him too, Dear." I said to her.

Yes, Donghae died 15 years ago. After the accident, he got better but he never fully recovered. He got an "attack", because of the blood pressure on his brain. He didn't survive after 2 months in coma. Before he died, he gain conciousness just to say goodbye and asked me to take care of Jihyo and Taemin, our parents, also he didn't forget to asked me to marry again, so I have someone to take care of me. But I didn't, his love for me all this time is more than enough for me to stand tall facing the world raising two of our beloved children.

We lived happily, loving each other. We even got our second child Taemin. Donghae was very thrilled when he got a boy. And like when Jihyo was born, Donghae accompanied me on the process of Taemin's birth. He kissed and thanked me again.

His love for me also for our children never reduced, instead it felt bigger. As for me, I'm grateful to be given a second chance to take care of him, be a good wife and foremost to love him as much as he loves me.

A week after his death, a lawyer came to our house. Turns out, Donghae inherited me an amount of money which is enough for me to build a business and education supports for Jihyo and Taemin that will be given to them when they reached 17 years old. The lawyer also handed us letters that was written by Donghae for each of us. I opened mine and read it.

-----------------

My dearest little princess who turns to be my beautiful queen,

When you read this letter, that means I'm no longer in this world. But don't you worry my Love, even I'm gone, I'll always watch over you, Jihyo and little Taemin. Even I die, my love for you all, especially for you my queen will never die.

Even we had a rough time on our early marriage, I'm grateful that I never lost my faith on you, because I knew eventually I will have my little princess back. And I was right, was I? Hehe..

I love you, Hyo. Since the day I met you, I thought it was puppy love, but I was wrong.. I fell in love with you again since I met you again. And my love to you grows stronger as we live our life together. Hyo, my love, I'm sorry that I can't grow old with you, seeing our children's wedding together, taking care of our grandchildren together. But I know you are a strong woman and don't you worry, I'm still near you, watching you and loving you.

Hyo, please take care of Jihyo and Taemin, make sure they live well. Please take care and love my parents as your own, because I know they love you as their own child, maybe even more than me. Hehe..

Hyo, if you want to marry again, don't worry.. You have my permission. But please.. I beg you.. Please make sure that he will love you and our children as much as I love you.. Please make sure that he will take care of you and our children the right way..

My queen, I love you with all my heart and soul. And I know that you love me too. Please don't be sad and take care of yourself so I will be in peace. I love you, Hyo. Thank you so much for being my greatest wife and mother for my children.

Your beloved King and husband who will always love you,

Donghae

------------------

I cried of sadness for the last time. Since then I never shed my tears, because I had to be strong, for our children, for our family and for him.

"Mom! Jihyo noona! It's time!" called Taemin, surprised me from my flashback.

"Yes, Dear." I said to him watching him and Donghae's dad peeking at the door.

I asked Donghae's dad to walked Jihyo to the aisle. Jihyo accepted my idea too when I asked her. She said, "Grandfather Lee will be the perfect person to replace dad's job."

When Jihyo and Donghae's dad walked down the aisle, I felt a warm breeze beside me, I felt as if Donghae was present. "Donghae oppa.. You're here, aren't you? Are you watching this? Our little princess is getting married. You must be proud." I said with a teary eyes. I felt the warm breeze touching my hand and I said again, "I miss you, oppa.. I love you so much, my King."