Chapter 4

A Second Chance of Love
Sat, 2th May 2009

I met her again after 15 years. She become so beautiful. I swear, I fell in love with her over again.. I was thrilled when my father told me about our arranged marriage. Finally, I got to fulfilled my promise to her, my little princess.

But why does she acted as if she didn't recognize me? does she really forgot our promise? Does she forget about me?

-------------------------

I opened at the middle of the diary, it was on the date of our arranged dinner. I was startled when I read it, "have I met him before? Do I know him? Little princess, why does it sound familiar? What promise? Who is he?" I started to question myself.

I opened another page, I felt my eyes becomes teary reading it..

--------------------

Sat, 15th Aug 2009

Today is our wedding day. I officially become her husband. She looks very beautiful wearing that white wedding gown. I was amazed by her beauty. But her eyes seems sad and empty, does she hate me that much? I almost cancelled our wedding because I can't bare to see her sadness. But I loved her since we were kids and my love to her never change a bit. How can she forget about me and our childhood memories? I don't have the courage to tell her about it, I wanted her to remember me on her own.

Hyo, from now on, I commit to love you and cherish you until the day that I die. I hope one day before I leave this world you could remember me, your oppa who never forget our promise.

--------------------

As I read his diary, pages to pages, with teary eyes. My memories one by one arises upon me. Little by little I remembered a little boy, who always took care of me. Is that little boy, Donghae oppa, my husband?

After reading his diary, which is full of his love for me, I called my mom. I asked her about that little boy I remembered. My mom was shocked with my questions, she can't believe that I forgot about Donghae. She then told me about me and Donghae, about his family movement and my separation with Donghae. She told me more that after Donghae left, I cried everyday for a month and spent my time at my room for 3 months, until one day I just went out and completely changed. At first my parents was worried with my change behavior but as time flew, I become cheerful again, they didn't know that my memories with Donghae was shut.

Hearing all my moms stories, I rushed back to the hospital. I met his parents still waiting worried about Donghae, but I insisted them to go home, to take a rest. "I would take care of Donghae oppa, Mom." I said to her. They hugged me and left.

I went into the ICU room, I stayed beside him, I held his hand. I moved closer to him, I kissed his forehead, and I whispered to him, "Donghae oppa, my prince.. I remember now. Please wake up, you've promised me that you will take care of me.. You won't let me cry. You'll love me forever.. I love you.. I love you so much, my prince."

No response, not even a slight of movement or tears from him. I sat beside him, crying silently, holding and kissing his hand that night. Praying for a miracle.