Chapter 5

A Second Chance of Love
I woke up and feels my eyes sores. I cried all night long, holding Donghae's hand. Not long after that, his parents came in. They didn't cry anymore, but I can see their sadness through their eyes. His mother then replaced my position and his dad hugged me tightly while we both watched him.

"He looks peaceful.." his mom said holding her tears while holding his hand. I just nodded weak at her. We just stayed put on our position watching him until the doctor came to examine him again. We silently waited the doctor beside him, while Donghae was examined. "Mr Donghae know is in coma, his condition is stable but we still need to operate him. I need his family to sign the approval and permit letter to operate him, but I'm sorry to tell you, this operation isn't going to be easy, he just have 50% chance to survive." explained the doctor to us, I can read from his eyes, telling us is a burden for him.

"Even only for 50% chance, I would take the risk, doctor." I said to him. "Hyoyeon..." I heard his mother called my name worriedly. I get closer to her, I hold her hand and I said to her, "Mom, Donghae oppa is a strong man, he also had promise me to be with me forever. I'm sure he would make it.". His mother looked at his father, with a glimpse of teary eyes, he nodded. "okay Hyoyeon, after all Donghae is your husband, you know him well." she said to me. I felt bad for her hearing what she said, for all this time, I treated her son badly, but she never knew it. All I know that I would take any risk to bring Donghae back to me. "okay then, we will operate him the day after tomorrow, we have to be sure his condition remains stable. Mrs Lee, if you would come with me, you have a paper to be sign." said the doctor. I left the room and followed him.

------------------

A month has passed after the accident. Donghae's surgery succeed and his condition getting more better but he hasn't gained conciousness. He's still on coma. I come to visit him everyday, I always talk to him, telling him about our activities, sometimes I brought little Jihyo as well. The doctor said we just have to wait and see, now it all depends on his will.

One night, I slept at the hospital. I missed him so much. I stayed beside him, holding his hand while talking to him, "Donghae oppa, it's been a month. Why aren't you awake? I miss you so much, Oppa. Do you know that I accidently found your diary and I'm so sorry, I read it. Oppa, why do you never told me that you're my little prince, my childhood lover? If you told me earlier, I would've been a good wife for you. I'm so sorry for behaving like before, I hated you because I was forced to marry you and leave my previous boyfriend. But you never stop taking care of me, you never stop loving me, I was touched by you. Do you know why I forget about you? This past days, I tried to dig my memories, it turns out because I was very devastated losing you back then, I erased you in my head and my mind. I'm so sorry forgetting you." my tears starts falling.

"Donghae oppa, please wake up.. I wanted to tell you something.. I want you to hear it from me.. But I never had the chance.. I love you so much, Oppa. Please wake up.. I missed your touch.. I missed your lips.. I missed you.. Please wake up.." I cried so much that night, until I feel asleep.

----------------

Author's POV:

Not long after Hyoyeon fell asleep, Donghae's hand moves and his eyes show some movements even it's still closed.