Chapter 4

Best Friends

You know, I'm not the outgoing girl but I was glad for once I was getting out of my usual comfort zone and getting out there; meeting new people. Daesung seemed like a really nice person so I was happy to have got to known him. Thinking back to how he was describing his band mates; they all seemed really nice too.

Apparently, we were headed for Bigbang's residence. 

"Soo Jane, what do you think about Daesung?" the cheeky Dara asked again. Yes again..

"A very nice friend Dara," emphasising for the nth time where I wanted the message to get across, this girl had been asking me this same question numerous times.

Eventually we arrived at our destination. Daesung greeted me cheerfully and then began introudcing me to the rest of the members. Seungri seemed like he was the cheeky one out of the group. Taeyang seemed very contained and relaxed. Top.. I must ask how he got that name..had this deep and husky voice, very attractive I must say. Finally, GD had this leadership presence. They all seemed very nice and welcoming which I was glad about. I got close to them fairly quick as well so it felt great.

We went bowling. there were 12 of us so we split evenly into two teams. The two 'captain' were Jay and Dara. Dara chose me first and then winked at me which I wasn't sure why but yeah, she's the cheeky girl after all! Jay chose Jess, Dara chose Daesung second and then that's when I gave Dara the -what-are-you-planning- look. Dara being the cute one, just laughed it off and winked again. 

And in the end, it ended up being:

Jay's team: Jessica, GD, Minzy, TOP, Seungri.

Dara's team: Jane, Daesung, CL, Taeyang, Bom

The game started off with each team close to equally gaining points. Until it got towards the middle; thats when things got serious. Our team were winning. Daesung and I were jumping around continously everytime our team scored a strike, which surprisingly was a lot. We all bonded, laughs were heard constantly and teams distracting the other team, it was just really fun.

Finally, our team maintained our winning strikes and won! Jay's team had to pay for all the drinks we had; that was the losing teams consequence. I had noticed that Jay was getting along really well with Bigbang, joking around and laughing. It made me smile. 

Eventually after a late night dinner we decided to part ways and call it a night. Jay said he would drive me home.. well since I live with him anyway. I said my goodbyes to the Bigbang members and went on to say goodbye to the girls. 

The car ride with Jay and Jessica consisted of Jessica and I talking about random things. Jay didn't talk though, he just concentrated on his driving. We sooned arrived at Jessica's apartment. I said goodbye to her and she got out of the car along with Jay. 

I looked out the window seeing the couple talk cheerfully, they seemed so happy. I smiled and then looked away. I distracted myself by playing with my phone. An incoming text message was notified. I opened it up and read it, it was from Dara and it read something like this:

From: Daraaaa!!~

Hi my little princess, how was today? Did you have fun? I saw you and Daesung get along REALLY well ;)

I laughed, thinking about it, I really did feel like I grew much closer to Daesung. Remembering how we would tease the other team because they were losing. We both would jump up and down together when a team member scores. 

I replied back, 

To: Daraaaa!!~

Hey lovely, My day was great! Thanks girls! I love you all! Oh Dara, wer're just friends! FRIENDS! he's a great guy though =)

Just then, I heard the car door open and I looked up seeing Jay get into the car. He looked back at me and smiled while I returned the smile. He started the car and we were off to home. I noticed that we didn't really talk to one another during the day out. The atmosphere was quiet.

I spoke up, "How was your day Jay?"

"It was good, I'm glad you had fun," he said, looking forward at the road. I was siting at the back passenger seat so I could only see the back of his head. 

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Me? I have a b-boy class to teach."

"Oh! your special talent!" I said, smiling. B-boying was always Jay's favourite.

He chuckled, "I need to practise more though, I think I'm falling behind."

"No you're not! Oh but please don't hurt yourself again!"

"You always tell me that, everytime!" he said, shaking his head in amusement.

We continued with our conversation untill we arrived at our driveway. Jay unlocked the front door for us and we stepped into home.

We both went into our respectively rooms to wash up and all that. Jay knocked on my door when I was reading a novel in bed. He stepped in, "Good night Jane." I smiled and waved, "Good night Jay!"

He gave me one last smile before he left my room. The same butterflies in my stomach appeared and a hint of red appeared on my cheeks. I mentally scolded myself for behaving like this. 

 

That same familar alarming sound rang again causing me to stir. Yes, it was another day in life. I stretched to my left to turn my alarm off. I laid there for a couple minutes and just when I was about to close my eyes again. That familiar voice rang through the house, "Jane! I know you're about to sleep again. Better wake up now girl!" 

I laughed, it always made me smile how Jay always seemed to know exactly what I was doing. I slowly sat up, looking around at my room. The sun shined, telling me to open my blinds. I got up and opened the blinds revealing a sunny weather. Looks like it was going to be a busy day at Happiness again!

 

"Why is it always so busy at this time!" exclaimed Bom as she just finished serving the last customer in the line just now. I laughed, cutting up some fruits for a fruit salad order. 

"Number 40 please!" I called out and the owner came forward to get their order.

I smiled, "Thank you, I hope you have a lovely day!" They smiled and wished me the same as they left the store. 

A cup of coffee appeared so I looked at the order number and picked up the coffee to place it on the right customer's table. As I walked back from the customer to the coffee machine, I overheard a conversation that forced me to pay attention. 

"Does your girlfriend get jeolous that you live with Catherine?" the girl asked the boy sitting directly in front of her.

"Nah she doesn't. I mean Catherine is my best friend, I'm sure she understands." he replied.

"I don't know about that.." the girl said, unsure.

That's when I felt unsure too.

 

A/N:

I know it has been over a year.. and I do apologies. I do appreciate and thank you for continuing to read this fic. Thank you to all subscribers and readers'!