Chapter 3

Best Friends

“Jane?” called out a very familiar voice.

____________________________________

I looked up, surprised to see Jay standing there staring back at me, "Hey Jay!" 

He gave me the look that I knew what it meant straight away, -who-is-this?-

"Jay, this is Daesung," I gestured over to Daesung.

Daesung smiled and then Jay slowly nodded.

"and Daesung, this is Jay," I gestured to Jay. Then there was an awkard silence that I didn't know what to do to solve it. 

"Well.. I better head off. Hope to see you soon Jane," Daesung awkwardly said and then smiled to me and I returned it. "It was great meeting you, Jay," he added. Jay nodded.

"It was great meeting you!" I waved to him as he left 

"How come I have never heard of this Daesung guy..?" Jay asked immediately after the sight of Daesung was no where to be seen.

"I just met him.." 

Jay didn't show any reaction which freaked me out a bit. I took a glance behind him and saw Dara looking over to us so I took the chance, "Dara!"

She started to giggle and walked over to us, she put her hands on my shoulders and looked over to Jay, "His a friend of ours." Jay loosened; getting less tense.

This is normal for him to act like this, everytime I spoke to a guy or whatsoever this is what would happen.

"But, I think his perfect for Jane.." added Dara. I elbowed her lightly and she just laughed it off. The atmosphere was getting pretty tense once again and I didn't like it. Who would? Dara left soon later and Jay took the seat opposite me.

"Aren't you meant to be meeting up with Jessica now?" I intentionally changed the subject.

I didn't tell you this yet did I? Yes, indeed. Jay has been dating Jessica for about half a year now. As much as I know deep down I'm hurt by it, no matter what I'm going to continue being there for him through the thick and thin. He seems very happy when his with her so that's what matters, right? Jessica is a lovely girl, she's pretty and has a beautiful heart. She's perfect for Jay, yes I said it but it's the truth. I can't hide from the fact.

"Yeah, she's meeting me here."

"Oh awesome! I haven't seen her in a while!" I was happy to see her and I honestly hadn't seen her since 3 weeks ago.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?" he questioned.

"Um.. I have no clue actually-" I honestly replied.

"Actually, she'll be with us!" popped in Bom.

"Oh really now?" 

"Ahum!"

"What are you girls doing today?" asked Jay.

"Introduce her to some people," came Dara.

"Oh, is that how it is?" these girls have a thing in not informing me when they decide to take me out and so I end up going with their flow.

"Sure is!"

"And you girls didn't tell me this till now?"

"Well, yeah.."

"Hey everyone!" I looked to the entrance and saw Jessica walk in. I got out of my chair and skipped to her. 

"Jess!"

"Jane!! I missed you!!"

"I missed you too!"

Before Jay and Jessica left, Jay pulled me aside to tell me a few words and they ranged from, "Be careful", "Take care of yourself", "call me if anything." I really appreciate his concern for me. But sometimes I wished he didn't worry about me so much because the more he does the more I get held back in my world of only him. And by doing that, I already know the conclusion and it'll hurt me even more than I already am.

I suddenly remembered about the plans the girls were having for me.

I looked up to them, “About the whole introducing thing, let’s skip that yeah? I’m probably gonna head back home.”

“Aww Jane! Why not hang with us!” protested Minzy.

“You girls can go, I’m planning to go home and do some music stuff.”

"Come on! It'll be fun! Trust me," insisted Dara.

I shook my head, "No seriously girls, it's okay. Next time okay?"

“Aww okay then, call us if you’re bored yeah?” 

“I sure will.”

The rest of the day I spent producing a new melody. It was a ballad and I really liked it. Music is something that keeps me company and something that I can let myself into, letting my emotions out and letting the music portray them. I ended up going to bed around midnight and Jay still wasn’t home. I got into bed and tried to fall asleep but unsurprisingly that didn’t happen. An hour later, I heard the front door unlock. It was Jay. I was going to get out and greet him but decided not to because I realised he would go on his interrogation about the whole introducing guys. I decided I’d deal with that tomorrow. I suddenly heard footsteps coming towards my room, so I laid still and pretended I was asleep. He knocked on the door.

“Jane?”

No answer came from me. I then heard him open my door and then footsteps step coming closer to me.

“Ah she’s asleep..” he whispered to himself.

I heard him pull over a stool and sat down on my right side.

“How was your day? Well it’s more like how was the 'meeting'?”

I heard him sigh and then silence rolled in. He must be thinking about something. Then I felt the chair move, so he must have stood up.

He kissed me on my forehead, then I heard his footsteps faintly leaving the room and closing the door behind.

These small gestures always made my heart race. It’s hard keeping my feelings away from him. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t tried to stop them. I have, but for some reason, my stupid heart just can’t move on. We have been close to each other for the past 10 years and I started falling for him 3 years ago.

But love isn’t something I can stop. I can’t control my feelings for him. As much as I try to see him as a close friend, a best friend, a brother; I always end up failing.

“Jannneee!”

My eyes began opening to someone nudging me. There he was, my best friend.

“Jane! Wake up! You’re gonna be late for work!”

“uhhh.. w-what time is it?”

“Seven.. thirty! you start work in half an hour!”

“WHAT?!” I shot up.

“Ahem!”

“Oh my!” and there I was, running around getting myself ready. I made it for a shower and got myself changed into my work clothes, put my hair into a high messy bun and headed straight for the front door.”

“I’ll drive you today.”

“Really?!”

He nodded. “Thanks Jay!!”

Work today was very busy as usual.

“So.. Jane, what do you think of Daesung?” nudged Dara as we were finally getting some rest after the rush hour.

“His a nice friend,” emphasising where I wanted the point to get across.

“Aww come on Jane, give him a chance.”

"I barely know him, I just met him.."

“Hello?” I looked up to the person standing behind the cashier. Daesung as if on cue had appeared.

“Hey Daesung!” I waved.

“Hey girls!” he cooed. 

Minzy standing next to me, nudged me. I turned to her and whisphered, “what?”

“Go!”

“Minzy!”

And then she walked away. I sighed and walked behind the cashier.

“What would you like today?”

“A large hot chocolate please.”

“Coming up!” I smiled and went and made his hot chocolate.

For some reason I can feel eyes constantly staring at me. But of course I didn’t dare look and just kept to myself.

“Here you go!” I handed him the drink and he smiled before he walked away. I found myself staring at him walk away to the window we sat at yesterday.

“Wink wink nudge nudge” butted in CL.

Just when I was going to say something, she turned around and skipped away. 

Ahh these girls..

"Jane, what are you doing after work?" asked Bom, after Daesung had left.

"Umm.. nothing.. why what's up?"

"Then your coming with us! No excuses."

"Where are we going?"

"Out with Bigbang."

I needed to let Jay know I wouldn't be home after work so I texted him. He replied within a minute and started asking me what I was doing and I told him the truth. 

"Oh Jane! could you invite Jay and Jessica too?!" screamed out Bom from the staff's room.

So I asked him if he and Jessica wanted to come too and surprisingly he agreed.

________________________

Author's Note:

It feels like I've 'abandoned' this... I blame it on writer's block xD

I didn't think this chapter was that interesting but I promise it'll get better.

THANK YOU for sticking by me, for subscribing, commenting and reading.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

@hottestjwalker   Thank You for commenting! =) I hope your enjoying the fic so far =)