03

We Still Have Feelings For Each Other

 

“Remember to come tonight, or else my girlfriend will kill me.” Taecyeon warned his best friend.

Nichkhun woke up by his phone. He received a call from Taecyeon who ask him to attend his girlfriend’s birthday party tonight. Both of them did not work that day, and Taecyeon always went to find Jessica when he’s having days off.

“I’ll remember. 8PM tonight right?”

“Yes. I need to help with the preparations now. See you later!” Taecyeon says and hang up.

 Nichkhun went to wash up after hanging up the call from Taecyeon. He actually forgot about Jessica’s birthday. If Taecyeon didn’t remind him, he would really forget and didn’t attend at all. He quickly gets himself ready and went out to buy a birthday gift for her.

Nichkhun and Jessica knew each other before he met Taecyeon. They were childhood friends. And when he knew Taecyeon, he introduced Jessica to him as well. After a few months, Nichkhun received shocking news from both of them. They are in a relationship. Nichkhun didn’t know that they actually liked each other, so when he heard the news, he was shocked. But his shock was just for a minute. He then congratulates them on their relationship and feels happy for them. He knows Taecyeon is a good person, so when Jessica is with him, he would not be worried about Jessica getting hurt in a relationship. He treats her as his sister.

Nichkhun went to a shopping mall and find a gift for her. He was there for half an hour, and still can’t find a gift for her. He decides to go to Starbucks to rest and think of what he should really get her. When he’s buying his coffee, someone was tapping his shoulder behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria went to the shopping mall to get a gift for Jessica. They knew each other as Jessica is Krystal’s sister. Actually, Victoria does not know Jessica well, as they only see each other at Krystal’s house or at Krystal’s birthday party. When she received a call earlier from Jessica to attend her birthday party, she decides to go to the shopping mall to get her a gift. Even though they do not know each other well, she still wants to get her a gift as Jessica invites her to her party and if she did not attend and give her a gift, she will feel bad about it. So now, she’s at the shopping mall, finding a gift for her.

Victoria decides to get a coffee from Starbucks first before buying a gift for her. When she’s about to queue, she saw a familiar person buying coffee at the counter. Realizing who it was, she decides to say hi to him.

“Hi!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hi!”

Nichkhun heard the familiar voice and turns behind. He was surprised to see Victoria, the girl he met not long ago, standing in front of him, greeting him.

“Hi Victoria! Nice seeing you here.”

“Me too.” She replies.

“Do you want to get any coffee? I can help you get your order.” Nichkhun ask her.

Victoria smiles at his question. He was really a great and helpful man, she thought. “I want a Mocha Frappuccino, thanks.” She answered and smiles.

Nichkhun turns back to the counter and order for her. After ordering, he turns back to her and asks her to sit down first. She nods and went to find a seat for the both of them.

After getting the coffee, Nichkhun went to where Victoria is sitting and sits down and passed her the coffee. Victoria thanks him again.

“Why are you here?” Nichkhun ask, starting a conversation with her.

“I’m here to get a gift for a friend. Her birthday’s today. What about you?” She answered.

Nichkhun heard her reply and thought whether she is getting a gift for the same friend, or it was merely a coincidence. He reply, “Same here. I was wondering whether your friend’s name is Jessica?”

“Yes. Don’t tell me you are getting a gift for her too?” Victoria was shocked when Nichkhun knew her friend’s name, then she thinks whether he knew her and was getting her a gift too.

“What a coincidence! Yes, same. Why don’t we find the gift for her together? I actually have difficulties buying her a gift, I do not know what she actually likes.” He asks her for help.

Nichkhun do not know what she really likes, even though they knew each other for a long time. He knows one thing for sure, Jessica really love Taecyeon. He actually thought of wrapping Taecyeon as a present for Jessica, but he knew Jessica was not going to like it and blame him for not being serious on her birthday.

“Sure, why not.” Victoria answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both of them are now inside Victoria’s car heading towards Jessica’s mansion. Nichkhun does not have a car but he knows how to drive. When Victoria offered a ride to him, he asks Victoria for her permission to let her drive, as he thinks it would be ungentlemanly if he lets her drive. Victoria gives him her permission and now they are heading towards the venue.

“So how do you know Jessica?” Victoria asked.

“Know her from young. She’s a childhood friend of mine, but I do not know her well. What about you? How do you know her?”

“By a friend of mine. Jessica’s her sister.” She answered.

“So your friend is Krystal?” Nichkhun asked.

“Yes. And I assume you know her too, since you and Jessica are childhood friends.”

“Yes you’re right. Both are like sisters to me.”

“Oh. I actually thought you liked one of them. Most people fall for their childhood friends.” She says.

“No. Only sisters to me. Too close I guess, so I can’t really fall for them.” He replies.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” She asked.

“Nope.” He answered. He then asked her the same question. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

“No too.”

“How come? You’re beautiful and I thought many guys would want to go out with you.”

Victoria heard what he said and thinks about it. She did not think that she is beautiful, but she knows there are many people courting her. She rejects every one of them, as she still can’t forget about him. She does not know how to answer him, so she asks him the same question. “What about you? You’re handsome too.”

“Now I only wants to focus on achieving my dreams, and I think having a relationship might fail me.” He answered. He didn’t realize that Victoria was actually avoiding his question.

“Oh. So what is your dream?” She asked.

“Becoming a singer. A successful singer.” He answered.

“Wow. Great dream. You should try out the auditions.”

“I did. But I failed.”

Victoria looks at him. He couldn’t believe that he actually failed the auditions. He’s handsome, and most entertainment company would want this kind of person and then trains their vocals to become a successful idol.

“Sorry about that.” She said.

“It’s okay. I can try it next time right?” He said and smile at her.

Victoria looks at him. He’s really a cheerful person. He’s always trying to achieve his dream, even though he fails a lot of times. “He’s not like me.” She thought. After the conversation in the car, she seems to know him better. Knowing that he is a good person, she decides to become his friend.

“We should be friends.” Victoria said to him.

“Aren’t we already friends? You see, I’m even driving your car now.”

Victoria thinks. “Yeah, I allowed him to drive my car, so that means I already treat him as a friend.”

“Okay, since we are already friends, we should hang out more.” She says.

“Sure. Why don’t we exchange numbers so we are able to hang out more?” He suggest.

“Right.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~