eight.

Falling for my Stepmother

Ugh..Where am I?

 

Just realizing that she fell asleep, Tiffany awoke and opened her eyes. She was surprised to find herself lying on the bed with a thick blanket that covered her body and gave her warmth. She lifted her head and looked around, only to realize that she wasn't in the master's bedroom. She wondered where she was when she noticed the picture resting on the side table.

Brown hair, onyx eyes, cheesy smile, and child-like features?

She was in Kim Taeyeon's room. She was on his bed. Without thinking any further, Tiffany immediately hopped off the bed. How long was she sleeping in here? Wasn't Kim Taeyeon supposed to be the one sleeping here and resting on this bed? How did she end up here? Tiffany wore her slippers before walking out of the bedroom. The hallway outside was empty so she thought that maybe Taeyeon was downstairs. As she made her way down the spiral staircase, she suddenly inhaled a beautiful aroma of food coming from the kitchen.

Hmm, that smells so good. Is Sunny cooking?

She took small steps towards the kitchen, her stomach grumbling because of hunger. As soon as she stepped in the kitchen, she was greeted by a bright smile coming from the tall girl sitting on the counter.

"Eonnie!" She called out. "Good morning!"

Tiffany smiled at Seohyun who was holding a glass of milk on her hand. Seohyun was already having her breakfast, one piece of bacon with two sunny side up eggs on her plate. Tiffany remembered that Seohyun mentioned to her last time that she doesn't eat rice during breakfast since she was on a diet. She smiled at the innocent-looking girl. But just then, Tiffany's eyes landed on the figure standing by the cooking stove.

Kim Taeyeon?

The figure turned around and was surprised to see Tiffany there. A smile slowly appeared across his face. The very first sincere smile he gave to her. Tiffany found herself staring, she couldn't help it. Kim Taeyeon looks indeniably handsome even if he was still in his pajamas and even if his hair was so messy it almost looked like a bird's nest. Tiffany was in a daze that she didn't realize that Taeyeon was already standing in front of her, waving her hand in front of her face.

"He-llo? Earth to Tippani-shi?"

She quickly shook her head and she went back into realization. Kim Taeyeon chuckled as he took a bite of his toast. He shoved one in front of Tiffany's lips.

"Go on, take a bite." He ordered nicely.

Tiffany did while her eyes were resting on Taeyeon's chest. Events from last night pictured back in Tiffany's memory. She could remember the way Taeyeon looked as she began ing his polo shirt. His manly chest, his perfectly sculptured abs..

Aish! Stop it Tiffany! Stop it! You are not thinking about him in this way! That is so disgusting!

Noticing the weird expression on her face, Taeyeon leaned back with a frown on his face.

"Why? Does it taste that bad?" His question caused Tiffany to break out of her thoughts. She looked up at Taeyeon in surprise.

"A-Aniyo!" She stammered, shaking her head. "Of course it tastes delicious! Yu-mmy!" She suddenly grabbed the toast from Taeyeon's hand then sat down besides Seohyun.

Taeyeon gave a weird look at Seohyun like 'What's her problem?' But Seohyun just responded with a shrug. Then she turned towards the older girl who was busily biting her toast while her eyes were glued on the table. Seohyun tugged on Tiffany's shirt.

"Eonnie.." She called out.

"Hmm?" Replied Tiffany without looking at her.

"I can't accompany you to your job interview today." Seohyun stated with a frown.

Tiffany's lips suddenly formed into a cute pout as her shoulders dropped. Yesterday, Seohyun promised to accompany Tiffany in her job interviews. Tiffany finally made up her mind and decided to get a job. Fortunately, Seohyun helped her find a vacant position as an intern in a fashion designing company in downtown Seoul.

"Why not?" Tiffany asked.

Seohyun sighed. "Eonnie, I have to visit my university later to pick up some important files and records that I left there. Mianhe."

Tiffany frowned and looked away. She didn't want to go to a job interview alone. She was shy and timid. She needed someone who can give her the strength and the support that will boost her confidence. And that person was Seohyun. But unfortunately, she'll have to go alone.

But maybe not.

Seohyun suddenly snapped her fingers as if she thought of a brilliant idea. "A-ha! Taeyeon oppa will go with you!"

Her sentence caused a surprise between Taeyeon and Tiffany. "BWOH?!" They said at the same time.

"Oh come on, Taeyeon oppa is free for today and instead of staying here all day without doing anything, why don't he accompany you Fany eonnie?" She suggested with a smile plastered on her face. Then she turned towards her brother. "You will accompany her, right oppa?"

Taeyeon thought for a moment. Tiffany knew that he was going to say no.

"Okay." Taeyeon stated with a soft sigh. "Maybe this will serve as a thank you for taking care of me last night." He said while staring at the ground.

Was it Tiffany's imagination or was he blushing? Kim Taeyeon's blushing?!

 

---------

 

Sooyoung paced back and forth.

He didn't know what came into him but before he knew it, he was standing right outside of the Kirin Arts University, the school where Jessica thought performing arts and music. He didn't want to do this and thought that this was just a waste of time, but  a part of his heart and mind was telling him that he needed to do this. He made a girl cry and that was a serious offense for him. He could still remember what his grandmother used to tell him when he was a little boy.

Make a girl cry then you'll get struck by lightning.

He shivered at the thought. But it wasn't just the lightning he was worried about, he also hated leaving that type of bad memory with someone. Sooyoung played around with a lot of girls, but this was actually the first time he made one cry. He glanced at the entrance door that led inside the school's campus and bit his lower lip. Should he go for it?

 

Sooyoung inhaled and exhaled deeply.

Right now he was standing right outside the classroom where Jessica was having her voice lesson class. He glanced at his wristwatch, seeing how much time has passed. He needed to do this quick. Sooyoung wasn't the type of an apologetic person but he needed her forgiveness. And besides, Taeyeon would skin him alive once he finds out about what he did to her. He was aware of how close Jessica and Taeyeon were.

After a few minutes, Sooyoung heard the bell ring which made him realize that class just ended. The door of the classroom opened, letting out tons of students murmuring and whispering to each other as they noticed him standing by the door. A bunch of school girls passed by Sooyoung and he gave them each his charming smile. The girls giggled and blushed as they waved at him before hurriedly walking away. Once the students were all gone, it was the teacher's time to come out.

Sigh, just relax Sooyoung. Just tell her what you have to say. Everything's gonna be alri-"

"What do you think you're doing here?"

That icy voice caused Sooyoung's heart to drop down the floor. Looking up, he saw Jessica wearing her uniform, a brown long-sleeved collared blouse and a short black mini skirt that showed off her pretty legs. Sooyoung's eyes twinkled as he looked at her from head to toe.

, she's wearing a mini skirt! Damn that's hot! Wait, I'm not supposed to think like this!

He then felt her grab his collar as she aggresively pushed him against the wall. "Tell me why you're here." She muttered through her gritted teeth.

Sooyoung could only gulp at the sight of Jessica's dark eyes boring into his. It was like the stare she was giving him was piercing through his soul.

"I-I.." He stammered. "I came here to apologize."

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "For what?" She asked, tightening her grip on him.

"For...For what happened that night..You know..When we.."

"Shut up!" Jessica snarled. "I know what we did that night but you don't have to mention it here anymore!" She hissed.

Sooyoung tried to release himself from her grip. But that only made her hold his collar tighter.

"Listen. If you want to talk, let's do it outside. I can't let my students see me with a man." She said before walking off.

Sooyoung froze in his spot. He can't believe he would let such a woman treat him in this way. He wasn't that low of a person. Jessica was just a girl, he was bigger and stronger than her. There is no reason for him to be afraid of her.

Get a grip Sooyoung! Show this girl who's boss!

"Are you coming or do you want me to drag you outside?!" Came Jessica's icy voice once again.

"A-Arasso!" Sooyoung quickly responded before running towards the blonde.

Damn, she's scary.

 

--------

 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Silence filled the waiting room as Taeyeon sat on the leather couch and patiently waited for Tiffany to finish her interview. It wasn't his intention of accompanying her but his younger sister forced him to do this. At least he had done something in return towards Tiffany after she took care of him last night. He even felt a little embarassed that she was the one who changed his clothes last night. It was also the first time that somebody actually took care of him when he was sick. Whenever Taeyeon's ill, he was the only one who took care of himself since all of his family members are busy with their own world.

He wondered why Tiffany did that. He thought she hated him.

His thoughts were interrupted when the door leading to the interview room suddenly opened. Taeyeon lifted his head and saw a figure coming out from the room. And as expected, it was Tiffany. She began walking towards his direction with a small smile on her face. As she walked, Taeyeon finds himself checking her out.

Woah, look at those legs of hers. So smooth and so slim.. And wow look at those curves. Who would've thought appa would be able to get such a hot girl?

Tiffany then clears . "What are you staring at dork?"

Taeyeon arched an eyebrow at the nickname suddenly given to him. "Dork?"

"U-huh. Dork. That's a perfect name for you." She stated, smirking.

He ignored her remark. "So, did you get the job?"

Tiffany bit her lip as she looked at the ground with a frown visibly seen on her face. Both of Taeyeon's shoulders dropped.

"You didn't?" He asked.

Then all of a sudden, Tiffany beamed a huge smile.

"Of course I did!" She exclaimed in a loud voice. "I did the interview perfectly well and I got the job!" Her loud voice boomed throughout the whole waiting room. Other people started to look at them weirdly.

"Congratulations." Taeyeon stated with a smile then he nudged her with his elbow. "This calls for a celebration."

Tiffany looked at him with her brown eyes. "Celebration? Where?"

Taeyeon smiled as he thought of something.

"Hmm, I'll take you to the best place I know here in Seoul." He stated, placing a thumb on his chin. Tiffany just grinned at him.

"Well, come on! Let's not waste time!" Tiffany yelled before walking off.

Taeyeon smiled as he watched her walk off. Then his eyes accidentally landed on her .

"Yah, what are you waiting for? Come on dork!" Tiffany exclaimed as she saw Taeyeon frozen on his spot.

"Be right there Ms. !" He responded.

This is going to be a long day.

 

 

tobecontinued

 

 

 

a/n: Weehee! Finally I updated! :DD Writing this story is so fun and it does my heart good. :))) There are a lot more surprises that will happen in this story and I can't wait till I post the next chapters! Thank you guys for all your subscriptions and wonderful comments! <333 Anyways, the next chapter is gonna be adorable and sweet so YOU MUST READ THE NEXT CHAPPIE. Haha ^^ Anyways, I really love the SooSic couple. So cute. ;] I'll update soon my lovely readers!