four.

Falling for my Stepmother

"I'm telling you Sica, this guy is erted and weird. If only you could see the way he looks at me whenever we're in the same room. He's totally creeping me out."

 

Tiffany spoke as she pressed the phone against her ear. It was nine in the evening and she usually wastes her free time talking to her bestfriend in the phone before going to bed. She haven't seen Jessica for a week due to her busy schedules, so they make time for each other by giving each other calls. The person on the other line sighed.

"Tiff, don't judge him when you don't even know him yet." Jessica stated.

Tiffany crossed her arms. "Are you taking his side now?"

She heard another sigh from Jessica. She could imagine her bestfriend rolling her eyes right now.

"I'm not taking anybody's side. I've known Taeyeon since junior highschool, and I'm one of the people who knows him perfectly well." Jessica said. "He may look like a playboy or something, but he's not. He's different."

Tiffany knitted her eyebrows.

"What makes you so sure? You're not the one living here with him." She grumbled under her breath. "And besides, he looks like a person hard to trust."

She heard Jessica giggle from the other line.

"You used to say that same thing about Wooyoung when we were still in college. And the next day, you were dating him."

This time, it was Tiffany's turn to roll her eyes.

"Don't bring up Wooyoung in here. He's different. He's soft, gentle, sweet, and-"

"A liar?" Jessica asked, cutting off Tiffany in mid-sentence. "You may say that he's sweet, but he cheated on you with your cousin. Unbelievable."

Tiffany cleared . "That was in the past Sica. You don't have to mention it anymore."

The blonde let out a soft apologetic sigh. "Mianhe."

Silence fell.

After a few seconds of listening to each other's breathings, Jessica had an idea to enlighten up the mood. She felt kind of bad for making Tiffany remember about her first heartbreak.

"Fany.." She called out.

"Hmm?" Came the response.

"You find Kim Taeyeon hot, don't you?"

Tiffany almost dropped her phone. "B-Boya?! I do not!"

Jessica chuckled. "Liar! Even I think he's one of the hottest creature living in this world! Have you seen his perfectly sculptured abs?"

"Shut up Jung!"

"Face it Hwang! I know you think he's attractive!"

"Stop it!"

"I can tell that you're imagining him in his Calvin Klein underwear right now!"

"Quit it Jessica Jung Sooyeon! I mean it!"

 

----------

 

Tiffany sat on her bed, cross-legged and both of her hands resting on her lap. It has been an hour since that phone conversation with Jessica, but she still couldn't get herself to sleep. She stared blankly at the floor as she felt herself yawn softly. She glanced at the clock hanging on the wall and noticed that it was already ten in the evening. Since she cannot sleep, she thought of maybe drinking some milk would help her get sleepy.

She got off the bed and wore her slippers. She wore a pink bathrobe over her nightgown then afterwards, she stepped outside into the empty hallway of the second floor. She made her way down the stairs and tiptoed towards the kitchen. Since the whole house was dark except for the dim light inside the kitchen, Tiffany thought that maybe Sunny was already asleep. She went over to the fridge and took out a carton of milk. She poured the milk into a tall drinking glass.

After placing the milk carton back inside the fridge, Tiffany sat down on the kitchen counter. She began to gulp the milk down . Her body felt refreshed at the sweet taste of the milk. Ever since she was a little child, milk was Tiffany's favorite beverage. She drank her milk happily, not noticing the presence of someone behind her.

"BOO!"

Tiffany almost spilled the milk from once she felt a pair of hands grab her waist. She spun around and was about to slap whoever that person was, but held herself back once she recognized who it was.

Short height, brown ruffled hair, brown onyx eyes, child-like features, and playful smirk.

"Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany muttered under her breath as she placed a hand over her chest. "You scared the hell out of me." She added, feeling her heart beating at a fast rate.

Taeyeon just chuckled as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, totally ignoring the shock Tiffany had just encountered. She shot him a glare.

"Why would you do such a thing? What if I've mistaken you as a burglar and began beating you up?" She asked in an angry tone, but he just shook his head and smiled.

"You already beat me up remember?" He asked before gulping down the water from the bottle. "But it didn't hurt a bit."

Tiffany smirked this time.

"Oh really? But why does those scratches on your face tell me otherwise?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

This time, Taeyeon was defeated by Tiffany in words. He decided to ignore her and continued to drink the water until the bottle became empty. He sighed with satisfaction before throwing off the bottle into the trash bin. He turned towards Tiffany and extended out his hand.

"What are you doing?" Tiffany asked.

"I know we didn't meet in good terms but maybe we can start over." He stated, giving her a small smile. "You are my stepmother now. Can't we at least use this one week to get to know each other?

She hesitated to shake his hand. Taeyeon expected her to give in but unfortunately, she didn't.

"I'll think about it Mr. Byuntae." Tiffany muttered before hopping off the counter and walking out of the kitchen. Taeyeon was left alone, feeling dumbfounded at her answer.

 

------------

 

Neomu buguh shipuh..

Taeyeon stared at the beautiful picture frame of his girlfriend which was resting on the side table of his bed. He always admired her beauty; simple but elegant. Yuri was a girl who had a natural way of making herself beautiful. Her beauty was so alluring and its like she had the face of a goddess so maybe Taeyeon took this as a reason as to why he liked her in the first place. His eyebrows furrowed once he remembered their last argument. It has been six days since they last saw and talked to each other. He wondered how she was doing.

Are you thinking about me too?

He sighed and closed his eyes. Sometimes he couldn't understand what his relationship with Yuri meant. He didn't know where their relationship was heading too. Sure they have been dating for almost nine months but still ever since they first dated, they never said the three words 'I Love You' to each other. They only go out with each other, flirt with each other, act sweet and romantic with each other, and sometimes even end up in Yuri's bedroom doing their thing. But still, Taeyeon cannot help but wonder.

Do I love her?

He let out a frustrated groan as he ruffled his hair furiously. He hated having deep and serious thoughts cause it sometimes gives cause him stress and gives him a headache. But he can't help but think and worry about their relationship. What if they had no future ahead of them? Was their relationship only for fun and games? Are they just toying with each other?

BANG.BANG.BANG.

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard a loud and aggressive banging on his door. Feeling curious and annoyed at the same time, he walked towards the door. When he opened it, he was about to scold that person who disturbed him in the middle of the night.

"What are yo-"

He quickly shut off his mouth when he saw who it was.

"Tippani-shi?"

It was Tiffany in her nightgown, standing right outside of Taeyeon's room. Her eyes were red and it was as if she was on the verge of crying. Her trembling hands tugged on the hem of Taeyeon's sleeveless shirt.

"H-Help me..Quick." She pleaded.

 

What could that be about?

 

 

 

tobecontinued.

 

 

a/n: Waah, another update! Haha I'm seriously enjoying writing this fic guys! And its all because of your sweet comments and never-ending support that gives me motivation! :)) Thank you all even though I cannot thank and comment back to each and one of you. I hope you like this chapter! ^^ MORE TAENY, TAERI, SOOSIC AND YOONHYUN MOMENTS TO COME SOON. I'll update soon.!! <3