nine.

Falling for my Stepmother

"Where are you taking me?"

 

Tiffany was feeling confused. She has been walking for almost thirty minutes, with Taeyeon leading her the way. She has no idea where they are headed to, and her feet are already killing her. She threw a glare at the man walking ahead of her as she paused and bent for a while as she tried to catch her breath. It also didn't help at all that she was wearing a pair of heels. It just made things worse for her feet.

"Wait!" She called over to Taeyeon and instantly turned around to look at her.

He arched an eyebrow. "What? Tired already? I didn't imagine you having a weak stamina." He said as a tease.

But unfortunately for him, she took it seriously. "Weak stamina? You made me walk for more than thirty minutes heading nowhere and now you're telling me I have a weak stamina? Why don't you try wearing heels so that you'll know how it feels!"

Taeyeon furrowed his eyebrows and sighed. He thought for a while before making his way towards her, before standing in front of her with his back facing her. Taeyeon suddenly bent down on his knees.

"What are you doing?" Tiffany asked.

"Get on my back." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Get on my back, I'll give you a piggyback if you're feet are hurting." He stated, louder this time.

"I don't think you ca-"

"Just get on before I change my mind."

Without arguing with him any further, Tiffany took off her sandals before riding on Taeyeon's back. He slowly got up to his feet and carried Tiffany with his strong arms holding her back. Her arms wrapped themselves around his neck as she leaned her chin on his shoulder. It wasn't a ride that Tiffany expected for him to give her. Why was he being so nice and gentle-man like to her?

Breaking off their awkward silence, Tiffany decided to speak up.

"Sorry if I'm...heavy." She muttered.

She heard him chuckle softly. "It's nothing. You're weight is no heavier than a feather."

His response made her smack his shoulder playfully with her hand, but it made her smile. She seriously doesn't know why, but whatever Taeyeon does or says, it always makes her smile in someway.

Am I really having a crush on him? Well, I admit that he's funny and cute.

He continued to carry her as he walked, until his hands 'mistakenly' gripped on her . A shriek suddenly came out of Tiffany's mouth as she felt a pair of warm hands get in contact with her .

"Y-Yah! Get your filthy hand off of me!" She exclaimed, slapping his shoulder violently.

Taeyeon panicked, immediately placing his hands back to her thighs, holding her tightly so she wouldn't fall.

"I-I didn't mean to! I swear! I didn't do anything wrong!" He defensed himself, but Tiffany kept on hitting him hard.

"Byuntae! Byuntae! Byuntae!" She said over and over again as she hit him multiple times.

"Alright alright! If you keep on hitting me like that, I'll be forced to drop you on the ground." He stated and Tiffany stopped. He smiled victoriously, feeling happy that he won her over.

"Byuntae." Tiffany's lips mumbled. Little did she know, Taeyeon heard what she had just said and secretly smiled to himself.

 

--------

 

Sigh, finally. A place where I can relax.

Seohyun sat inside the coffeeshop, her eyes staring blankly at the cup of coffee resting above her table. Her hands were peacefully resting on her lap, the soft mutters and voices coming from the other customers filled the air. Seohyun took out a book from her bag, her all time favorite novel. She opened it and began flipping the pages. This was her own way of wasting her free time. She had just came from her university where she picked up those personal files and documents that she left.

Taking a sip of the coffee, she felt the warm and bittersweet taste beginning to overwhelm in . She savored the taste in .

"Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?"

Hearing that deep manly voice, Seohyun's eyes averted from the book and landed on the tall figure standing right before her. She was surprised to see a guy with red hair, standing in front of her and looking at her with his doe eyes. He flashed an utterly charming smile, slightly showing off his perfect white teeth behind it. Without even hearing her response, he pulled the chair and sat on it. Seohyun decided to ignore his presence and returned her attention back on her book. But still, she could feel his gaze fixed on her.

"Do you need anything?" She asked him, feeling slightly annoyed at his stare.

He just leaned back and smiled, crossing his arms over his chest. "No, go ahead and read. I'll just sit here and watch you."

She raised an eyebrow, confused as to why this stranger was bothering her. She didn't even know him yet he had the nerve to take this seat in front of her knowing that there are a lot of other vacant tables inside the coffeeshop. Seohyun didn't know what was running inside this guys mind. She observed his physical features without him noticing. Spiky red hair, a pair of doe eyes, athletic built-like body, and a mischievous grin plastered on his face which made him look like a ert.

Seohyun grimaced. This guy was a typical playboy. She knew how to analyze men by observing their physical features and analyzing their actions. This was the type of guy Seohyun disliked in this world. The type of guys who are vain, arrogant, self-centered, and fond of playing around and making girls cry. She scowled.

"Miss, if you don't mind me asking, what is your name?" She heard him ask out of the blue.

She decided to ignore his question as she continued to flip the page of her book.

The guy smiled slyly. These kind of girls were the ones he's specially interested in. The so-called 'hard-to-get' type of girls.

All of a sudden, he swiftly grabbed the book away from Seohyun, causing her to gasp and throw an annoyed look at him. She didn't know why he was making fun of her only to get her attention. What kind of guy is that?

"Hey! What gives? Give it back!" She demanded, getting up from her chair as she tried to take the book from him.

But the guy's long arms were too good from preventing her to grab it. "Sorry, but I'll not give it back to you unless you tell me your name."

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows and planned to grab the book again, but once again failed to do so. There was no use.

"Fine! It's Seohyun okay? KIM SEOHYUN. Are you happy now?" She said, feeling her patience get pushed through her limits.

Ignoring the upset look on her face, the guy smiled as he stood up and slowly handed her the book.

"Oh you have no idea how happy I am." He stated with his lips curved upward into a wider smile. "By the way, just in case you needed to know, my name is Kwon Yoona."

 

-------------

 

"Yes! We're finally here."

After struggling to carry Tiffany on his back, they managed to find their destination. As Tiffany gets off his back, Taeyeon stretched out his arms and let out a satisfied yell. They were at the beach, the beautiful blue waves crashing into the shore. A smile slowly spread across Tiffany's lips as she made her way towards the shore, slightly wetting her feet into the salty water.

Tiffany loved the beach. But she wondered why Taeyeon had brought her here.

She glanced over her shoulder and saw him standing right behind her. He had his hands stuffed into his pockets as he watched her every move with a smile.

"You like the place?" He asked.

She smiled and nodded in response. "But..Why'd you bring me here?"

He didn't answer for a while until he stood right beside her, running his toes through the soft gray sand. Writing his own name on it.

"When I was a little kid, my mother used to bring me to the beach in order to stop me from crying. And it worked- I stop crying whenever I face the ocean. The sea gives me a nice and calm vibe, it makes my heart and my mind peaceful and it gets me to forget about my worries."

Tiffany watched him carefully in admiration as he motioned him to continue.

"Truthfully, I have never come to this beach with someone before. Your the first one." His confession suddenly made Tiffany feel flushed inside.

I am the first persn he brought here? Does that mean I'm special? But why?

"I never thought it would be you who I'm here with right now. I thought it was my girlfriend who I was gonna bring here first." He stated with a soft chuckle.

Tiffany's heart instantly dropped. She felt like the whole world stopped spinning and everything around her froze. Did she hear him right? It's funny, she thought he said he actually had a girlfriend.

Wait, he did say he has a girlfriend. Pssh, I shouldn't feel so bad about this. It's nothing! He's just a silly stepson of mine and nothing more.

Seeing the frown written all over Tiffany's face, Taeyeon could feel himself grimace at the sight. He was curious as to what she was thinking about, but didn't dare ask. He thought she might be possibly thinking of his father. Speaking of his father, he wondered why his father hasn't sent him any text message or call ever since the day he left. Maybe his dad was really that busy that he can't even give a short time for his son. Taeyeon felt a little sad inside but being with Tiffany at this beautiful place, there is no reason for him to be sad about anything.

"Hey," He called out. "I wanted to show you something."

Tiffany raised both of her eyebrows but it was too late for her to ask anything when he suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her towards a cabin standing in the distance.

Tiffany's eyes widened as they reached the small but very cute-looking wooden cabin. She always liked seeing those kind of houses, it looked so cozy and warm inside and out. Taeyeon smiled as he held a pair of keys in front of her face.

"What's that for?" She asked.

He smiled. "You'll see." He didn't release his grip on her hand but only held it tighter when he dragged her towards the cabin's door. He opened the doorknob with the key and the door opened.

Tiffany's mouth was left ajar as they entered the cabin. It was nothing but an empty room with a small bed and a tall couch resting in the corner. Tiffany looked around as the place, running her hand through the wooden walls. The place was a bit dusty, but Tiffany didn't mind. She liked the place and it made her feel so cozy and warm.

"My grandparents owned this cabin. This is the place where I used to hide as a little kid whenever my dad is angry with me. I can still picture my little self, sitting in the corner, curled up like a ball as I cried." He stated, accompanying it with a slight chuckle. "I'll get this place fixed up and improve it. Don't you think?"

She nodded without a word. Taeyeon wondered why her mood suddenly changed. Earlier she was as talkative as ever, but now she was keeping herself silent. Was it something he said?

"Tippani-shi, why are yo-"

The door suddenly slammed shut, causing the both of them to flinch in surprise. The blowing wind must have caused the door to close by itself. Taeyeon walked towards it and held the doorknob. However as he tried to open it, he can't. The door won't open. He tried to open it again, but failed to do so.

"Uh-oh." He muttered under his breath. "The door's stuck. It won't open."

Tiffany didn't like to hear that. She went towards the door and tried to open it herself. The door wouldn't budge. It was made of hard wood and is impossible to be kicked open. They both tried pounding on the door but it was no use.

"T-Taeyeon, what are we going to do?" She asked nervously, still trying to hit the door with her fists.

Taeyeon sighed as he ran a hand through his brown hair, ruffling his hair furiously. He thought of a way to get out but there was nothing he could think of. The cabin had only one window and it was too small for them to pass through. He sat down on the floor and sighed heavily.

"The caretaker is the other one who has the keys to this place. The door can only be opened from outside. But the problem is, the caretaker won't be here until tomorrow morning." He said, earning a groan from Tiffany.

Taeyeon glanced at his wristwatch.

7:01pm

There was nothing they could do. They were both stuck in there till morning comes.

This is going to be a long night.

 

 

 

tobecontinued

 

 

 

a/n: Once again, sorry for the late update guys. Been pretty busy having my voice lessons and family outings that I wasn't able to post this chapter in the supposed date. But here's the chappie so I hope you guys like it! No SooSic moment here though, but I'll put a SooSic moment in the next chapter, probably. :DD Thank you for enjoying my story you guys! :'') I'm still planning on when to post the first chapter of my new fic. Hopefully it will be this week. I'm also planning on posting two chapters tomorrow to make it up to you guys! ^^