Just The Two Of Us

When I Look At You...

While their batchmates witnessed the engagement of the decade, Yoo Jin and Rian went to a movie house to have some fun. They were watching The Avengers because it was cool. It totally rocked Yoo Jin's world that Rian could not  help but smirk at her friend's uniqueness.

"He is a teacher, but it does not mean he could no longer be cool," she thought.

After the movie, the two of them went to the amusement park to enjoy some death-defying rides. Rian liked the roller coaster a lot, but Yoo Jin kept on gagging. He was one hot guy, but he had the fear of unusual rides.

"Where were you?" Rian asked him afterwards. "It is so not you."

"Ya, you think I am all that great?" Yoo Jin taunted her. "I hate crazy rides."

"Then, you will not mind staying here while I enjoy the swinging boat?"

"The what?" Yoo Jin asked.

The swinging boat," Rian said as she pointed at a ride.

Yoo Jin felt dizzy just looking at the ride.

"Gwaenchanha," he said. "I'll stay here."

He sighed as Rian went away.

****
After the ride, Rian went to the telecombat and had another set of dangerous rides that increased her endorphines. Yoo Jin was getting dizzy just looking at the ride. He got dizzy for her. Next that she tried was the bull ride. The bull was circling round and round, and Rian shouted in delight.

"Yeeee-hahh!" she screamed.

Yoo Jin smirked despite his dizzy head. This was more than the scene that he saw in his motel room.

"Is she even a girl?" he asked himself. "She is a , wants the spotlight, eats too much, and loves crazy rides. But she is still a girl."

But the next destination was his love. Rian challenged him to  basketball, and whoever scored the lowest will have to treat dinner.

"Bring it on, yeah!" Yoo Jin challenged her. "G-MINOR!!!! Krrhhhhh!!!"

The ball arcade was now filled with people, watching them shoot ball after ball. Most of the people there recognized Rian even without the heavy stage makeup, and they began gossiping among themselves.

"Wait, she did not attend JB and Hae Sung-ssi's engagement?"

"Who is that guy?"

"Is that her new boyfriend?"

And to some...

"Omo! Jin-seonsaengnim is dating Rian-ah!"

"Jinjja?????"

And the students began taking snapshots. The teacher saw the people gathering around, so he finished the last few seconds in basketball. To Rian's annoyance, Yoo Jin won. Yoo Jin remembered about the people, so he requested them  not to disturb him and Rian.

"Are you lovers?"

"Aniyo," Yoo Jin said.

"Then, who is he, Rian-ssi?"

"Je chingu-imnida (He is my friend)," Rian said. "My classmate in high school."

Yoo Jin saw his students, who sulked from behind the other people.

"What will the press say?"

"Sorry, I am not allowed to comment further," Rian said.

"Joesonghamnida," Yoo Jin spoke for her. "She is having a vacation right now, so please respect her privacy."

"Can we have autograph?" the people asked.

"N...ne," Rian hesitated. 

This was the price for fame. Even with her time-off, she was still hounded by fans.

****

Finally, after getting to be on their own, Yoo Jin declared.

"Bae gopeuda, huh?" he said as he tamed his rumbling stomach. "Aish, jinjja."

"Arasseo, arasseo~~!" Rian pouted cutely.

Yoo Jin smiled because the diva only get to be a sweet little girl around him. She sheds her Hallyu star aura only when she's with him.

"Urineun eodi ga (Where do we go)?" he asked. "Neomu, neomu, neomu, neumo bae gopa (I'm very, very, very, very hungry)!"

Rian frowned.

"Jjajeungna!" she shot back. "Neo! Jeongmal, jeongmal, jeongmal, jeongmal chameulseongi namja, huh? (You're really, really, really, really impatient guy)."

Yoo Jin smirked.

"You like 'Neon Naege Banhaesseo' (Heartstrings), eh?" he . "Lee Shin's 'jeongmal, jeongmal'? Bwahahahah!!!!!"

"'Neon Naege Banhaesseo' johahae, geurigo I Shin-do johahae (I like 'Neon Naege Banhaesseo', and I like Lee Shin too)," Rian said. "But you are annoying!"

Yoo Jin was indeed getting impatient.

"Did you not hear my stomach worms?" he told her. "I am very hungry already!"

"Arasseo!!!!" she pouted cutely again.

Yoo Jin smiled like a Cheshire cat, then  held Rian's hand for another walk to the restaurant.

"Neo... you hold my hand..." Rian said.

"Wae? Shirheo?" he asked her.

Rian shook her head.

"Ani. Gwaenchanha. Johahae."

Both of them walked to a fast food chain to eat American food. Despite the privacy, her fame still followed her around.

 

~~~~