Of Cupcakes And Love Notes

When I Look At You...

Saturday.

Yoo Jin went to the dorm of Rian, and Manager-eonni let him in. When he got to the kitchen, he found her making cute cupcakes with colorful designs.

"Omo, are you baking them for some children, or are you making them for me?" he asked her.

Rian got some icing from the bowl and smothered some on his nose.

"Merong," she said playfully.

He saw the finished products. It was like the cupcakes that you see in pastry shops, or the cupcakes that Park Bom baked in the MV "You and I." There was a twist, however. Rian placed icing that looked like slogan posters, the ones you see in rallies, and there were cute notes in them.

Cutie.

Hearts.

Lovable.

Cuddly.

Jagiya.

Saranghae.

Kisses.

Hugs.

B 4ever mYn.

 

Yoo Jin smirked as he looked at the cupcakes.

"It is not even Valentine's day," he said. "Why are your cupcakes all like love notes?"

Rian smirked. "I just like it that way. Can't you see they are all pink and cute? Cupcakes are meant to be cute and girly."

"Those are for kids," Yoo Jin teased  her.

"Babo," she frowned.

Yoo Jin laughed a bit. Rian was the superstar of Korea, and she was a lady to all, but she acted all aegyo in front of him. She was as cute as her cupcakes.

"If you are bored, you can watch TV," Rian said.

Yoo Jin did as told.

****

Later, Rian came with a tray full of her homemade cuppies. She placed them on the table and showed them off to him.

"Can I be a chef now?" she asked him.

"You can only be a chef after hearing some criticisms from me," Yoo Jin said as he got one cuppy.

He took a bite, and to his surprise...

The flavor burst.

"Oh!!!!!! Mashisseo (Delicious)!" Yoo Jin screamed with his mouth full. "G-MINOR!!!!!"

Rian laughed as Yoo Jin pigged out on her cakes. He looked at the slogans and asked her.

"Is it OK to eat this?" he asked. "It is a pity to eat it."

"That's icing, babo," she told him. "It's all right to eat it."

Yoo Jin gobbled the cuppy, and reached for another one. He gobbled almost all of it that two were left on the tray.

"Ah!!!! Mul! Mul!" he asked weakly for water.

Rian went to the kitchen and got him a glass of water.

"You are a glutton," she as he drank.

"Ah!!!! That was good!" he said. "I think I may never eat someone else's cupcakes again."

"I can bake them if you wish," she said. "Even forever."

Yoo Jin looked at her seriously.

"This girl's unbelievable," he said. "Seriously?"

And she nodded.

"When I meant that I will never eat another person's cupcakes, is because yours is the best," Yoo Jin said.

He took her hand, and when he saw her blush, he remembered what Soon Dong said that she liked Yoo Jin. It might be true.

"Rian-ah, I don't know...but..I just want to say this because it had been bothering me for ages," he said. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Rian anticipated this moment because she had fallen for him too, so she nodded.

"I would not make those cupcakes and those love notes if I don't love you," she said. "I am simply giving my heart to you through my notes and the cuppies."

Yoo Jin smiled a wide grin.

"Jinjja???? Geureom, I will be forever tasting your dishes. I never believed in the ideal lady, but I did not know that the ideal lady whom I never expected to exist simply existed."

"I... I tried to be the ideal lady," Rian said. "For JB. But when I felt that my heart was looking at you, I did all my best to improve myself. And because of you, I had come this far, and I become the best. With you, I feel that I am not alone. I feel that I can be myself."

Yoo Jin was touched. He had no idea that Rian was using him as her inspiration.

"G...gamsahamnida..." he said as he hugged her.

"You will be my boyfriend too, right?" she asked.

"Ne."

"We will stroll the streets of Seoul as lovers, and heck with the media," Rian cursed. "I will only answer them after five months, kekekek."

Yoo Jin stopped hugging her and leaned forward to kiss her on her forehead.

"Thanks for the cupcakes," he said.

"Shall we bake some?"

"Later," he said. "I need to shed off those calories. Wanna go out with me again?"

"Ne! Let's go to the amusement park."

"Don't get me started on those killer rides!"

"Anio, Jagiya," she told him, finally calling him the endearment. "Let's ride on bump cars."

"Bump cars!" Yoo Jin said. "All right! That is sooo my thing! G-MINOR!!!!! Krhhh!!!!!"

Rian smirked and told him to wait. After thirty minutes of waiting, she came out looking pretty as always, and the two of them set out for their first official date.

    

~~~~END~~~~