Reunion Just Between The Two Of Them

When I Look At You...

Rian was reading the script of a horror movie of which a French actor starred as the monster villain. She looked at the actor across her. He was French, but he had the features of someone who was from Southeast Asia. He could either be Malaysian, Filipino, Thai, or Indonesian. The actor was a bit short, thin, but he has white skin. His face was really thin you would think he was all skin and bones. He had some weird expressions that would make you think that he was one of the undead which plagued Florida in 1935.

"Er, Antoine-ssi, I mean, Mr. Antoine, what do you think we should do in this scene?" Rian asked the actor in English.

The actor leaned forward and looked at the part of the script which Rian pointed at.

"Hmmm.... I think I will chase you in that scene, and hmmm... you will throw your shoes at me.. Hm...." the actor said as he hummed in a sing-song voice.

"That sounds good to me," Rian said. "Hmmmm...."

The actor freaked out in a joking way when Rian immitated his humming.

"Ohhhh!!!! Do not hum like that! Hmmmmm...."

Rian kept on laughing because the actor was really funny, especially when his eyes would go wide open.

"Rian, Klint Antoine, let's start with scene 2," the director said.

They started filming the film until lunch.

****

Joo-ssaem told Yoo Jin where Rian would be filming, so the young teacher went to the site of the filming. He was free from lunch up to the end of the school day, so he was free to do whatever he wanted to do. On Tuesdays, he only has a class, so he could spend that mostly on composing music or grading sheets.

He saw the French actor chasing Rian. He could not help but smirk. Why?

Because the actor looked funny when he chased Rian.

"Is that even supposed to be a horror flick? Or a horror comedy?" he said to himself. "Why! I might even think Rian should be better off playing Plants vs Zombies instead!"

Finally, the director cut the scene, and he told everyone to go and have a break. Rian and Klint thanked everybody on the set. Finally, she set her eyes on Yoo Jin.

"Yoo Jin-ah," Rian called out and waved.

Yoo Jin waved and waited for Rian to come forward. He saw her manager rattling off some instructions.

"Ah, arasseo, arasseo, Eonni," Rian said to her manager before handing her scarf.

Rian went to Yoo Jin afterwards.

"Ya, jal jinaesyeosseo (Have you been well)?" she asked. "Sorry for asking you this late."

"Jal Jinaesseo (I'm doing very well)," he said. "Ye, we never got to talk so well yesterday."

"Nan nappeun chinguya (I'm a bad friend)," she told him. "We had been talking much this morning, but I never got to ask how are you."

"Ah, gwaenchanha, gwaenchanha," Yoo Jin said. "Shiksahareo gashigesseoyo (Would you like to go and eat)?"

Rian raised her eyebrow and scoffed.

"Are you THAT polite to me now?" she asked.

"I need to be polite to a Hallyu star, right?" he .

Rian laughed like a little girl, unlike the usual laugh she had when she was on stage. With Yoo Jin, she could be a choding or a lady, depending on her mood. With Yoo Jin, she could let her hair down. He was like a tree on a hot day.

"Gaja," she said.

****

Yoo Jin took her to a cute restaurant that looked as pink as Etude House.

"Are you sure we are going to eat?" Rian joked. "Are you not intending to buy any facial toner here?"

"Ya, this is not Etude House," the young teacher said.

He ordered decent food for both of them. Of course, he needed to save, but to treat someone with a stellar status was a different story. He needed to cash out even if it was more than what he was spending for himself.

"Why are you spending much?" Rian asked. "We can do Dutch treat if you like."

"Mwo?" Yoo Jin asked. "That is an insult to my masculinity. I am the man, so no matter how richer you are than me, I will spend for you. Because we are friends."

Rian smiled.

"Gomapda," she said. "This hour is the only hour that I have. Afterwards, I am very busy."

He smiled.

"I will make my chingu smile even with the one hour that she has," he said. "That will give you strength to get through the whole day."

Rian smiled and nodded. As far as she remembered, Yoo Jin was always there for her when both of them were pining for the people that they loved. And when JB and Hae Sung became a couple, JB thought that Rian and Yoo Jin were a couple.

"If only I have all the time, I want to spend some time with you," Rian said.

Yoo Jin felt his heart fluttering at her revelation. He did not know why he was feeling that way, but he liked it that Rian wanted to spend time with him.

Did he... really like her?

"If we have all the time, we will find ways to bond and have fun," he promised.

"I will look forward to that," she said. "Anyway, I will request for a hiatus so that I can go on leave."

"Daebak!" Yoo Jin said. "I will wait for that."

"Please promise me, that by that time, you will not be hanging fun with any other girl," Rian .

He grew serious.

"I will wait for you," he said.

Rian felt her cheeks warming up when she saw him staring at her intently.

"Ya..ya, do not stare at me please," she said.

Yoo Jin mentally slapped himself and told her that he meant it when he said that he would wait for her. He wanted to have fun with her, as he could not ask the equally busy Hae Sung.

"I... I cannot ask Hae Sung," he said.

He felt guilty because he often reprimanded Hae Sung, though he just had good intentions for her. And when he was trying to get close to her, she was drifting away.

"I cannot ask JB either," Rian said, breaking his thoughts.

Yoo Jin let out a smile.

"Well, I think we just let them be, and I will wait for that day that we will have fun together," Yoo Jin said cheerfully.

Rian smiled like a school girl.

"I will promise that too," she said. "When I will have the time-out, I will call you first."

Their pasta came in, and the two of them started to eat.

 

~~~~